Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New guy with old problem (Read 671 times)
Alex.Jim
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

New guy with old problem
Aug 26th, 2010 at 5:21pm

I'm 43 and I cycle about every 18 months to 3 years. Cycles last 2 to 3 months, taper up then back down. Done all the drugs, used O2 with success, have good relationship with doc/he gives me whatever I want....What I'm looking for is a plan of attack. Is there someone out there similar to me with something written out....Here is what I basically do: use O2 and over the counter pain relievers in the beginning, use O2  and triptipans when they get worse, 9 weeks in I cry and start to look to new drugs or drugs I have not used before. I feel as though I'm in the beginning stages of a cycle right now.

IP Logged

JustNotRight
CH.com Sponsor

CH version 15.0.8 member
since 2005 aka GingerS224

Wilkes-Barre, Pa (USA)
Re: New guy with old problem
Reply #1 - Aug 26th, 2010 at 5:29pm

JustNotRight wrote on Aug 26th, 2010 at 5:27pm:
See Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register for a reply.

Wink

<
Edit
>
P.S. I responded to your initial 1st post on this in Cluster Headache Specific
« Last Edit: Aug 26th, 2010 at 5:35pm by JustNotRight »  

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
An eye for eye only ends up making the whole world blind.
M.K. Gandhi

If you are going through hell...Just keep going
WWW JustNotRight gngr.stewart GingerS224  
IP Logged

boski
CH.com Alumnus

CH'S Suck for all that
Suffer / The Pain The
Pain

NYC
Reply #2 - Aug 26th, 2010 at 5:30pm

Get on some prophylactics now before it gets bad, and maybe save yourself from the nasties. 

I'm on:

Verapamil and topomax both you need to slowly get on dose.

Peace,
Boski

IP Logged

wimsey1
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

MA
Reply #3 - Aug 27th, 2010 at 8:53am

Yeah, you've said in general what you have tried but not the specifics. Many of us have had experience with interventions and the dosage levels that have proven effective. Often, those who say such and such isn't working aren't taking the dosage level that is effective for CHs. What have you tried and at what levels? lance

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!