Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Controlling anaerobic bacteria in mouth (Read 2270 times)
narizona
CH.com Newbie

I like to cook

x0|Nipomo|USA||0|0|CA,California
Controlling anaerobic bacteria in mouth
Aug 22nd, 2010 at 1:19am

helped me feel great and no more ch's.

When I started my cycle I decided that there must be something causing my headaches.  I have looked high and low for the triggers or causes of my ch's.  I decided to look internally.

I remembered that bacteria was a cause for stomach ulcers so I thought why not cluster headaches.

I thought that the byproduct produced by anaerobic bacteria in my tongue could be the cause of my headaches.  I am now more than two weeks free of headaches and I tell you I have not felt this good in years. 

My procedure the first 2 days was the following twice a day.

1. scrape my tongue with a tongue scraper.
2. Roll a teaspoon of hydrogen peroxide around my tongue for about a minute (do not swallow).
3. Scrape my tongue.
4. Rinse out mouth.
5. scrape tongue

I now just scrape my tongue twice a day.

That is it.  I think I was being poisoned by the byproduct produced by the anaerobic bacteria.

I think it would be a great project for a researcher to examine and see how many sufferers could be helped by this.

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Re: Controlling anaerobic bacteria in mouth
Reply #1 - Aug 22nd, 2010 at 7:23am

Glad you found something that works for you.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #2 - Aug 22nd, 2010 at 10:05am

As I mentioned in an earlier post, if it is CH, and doing this has alleviated your attacks, you have identified a potential trigger. Certainly nothing for anyone to lose by trying this. Hell it's only recently they've put forth the theory that a lot of the plaque in your arteries may be coming from bacteria in your gums from poor flossing and brushing. Smiley

If it truly is CH you are suffering from, eliminating a TRIGGER will NOT eliminate CH. Please research some of our prevents and abortives, especially oxygen. If it is CH, and it raises it's ugly head, it would suck to be caught with nothing to beat him down with.

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Art S
CH.com Junior

I love YaBB! But these
Headaches S*ck

Frankfort, KY
Reply #3 - Aug 22nd, 2010 at 12:22pm

As Joe said, IF you do have clusters and that worked for you, great.  You've probably eliminated a trigger and not the CH.  Trust me if it was that easy we wouldn't be here.  I do nothing different in my regular hygiene on or off cycle so I seriously doubt tongue scraping is going to help me.  Others may want to try, hell we'll almost try anything once.

If you do have clusters, trust me you don't want to let your guard down as Joe said.  I screwed myself yesterday by not getting to the pharmacy before they closed, I had to work and lost track of time.  I paid dearly this morning with a three hour attack that O2 wouldn't kill.

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #4 - Aug 22nd, 2010 at 12:40pm

Damnit Art, those suck. Cry

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Art S
CH.com Junior

I love YaBB! But these
Headaches S*ck

Frankfort, KY
Reply #5 - Aug 22nd, 2010 at 12:49pm

yep they do Joe, every damn time I get off the prednisone. Angry  I told my wife I was in trouble.  Still suckin the O2, wife went to the pharmacy.

IP Logged

wimsey1
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

MA
Reply #6 - Aug 23rd, 2010 at 8:34am

Art, I finally quit taking prednisone because it only worked at consistently high doses. And the attacks seemed to double in intensity when the taper was finished. That sucked because the first time or two the pred taper interrupted the cycle. Then, as with so many other preventatives, the beast morphed. That's why even now, while I am in a kind of remission (from chronic clusters, not from CHs altogether) I still keep my list of abortives and preventatives not yet tried on hand. Never get caught without something (or 2 somethings) in your arsenal! blessings, lance

IP Logged

Agostino Leyre
CH.com Sponsor

"Hit like a phillips head
into my brain."

Madison WI USA
Reply #7 - Aug 25th, 2010 at 10:08am

Yep, I'm a firm believer that preventives are really just prolongers and put off til laters.  I think most people would be better off without them.  Just my $.02.

Triptans cause increased number of hits and increased intensity.  Learn it, believe it, live it.  I use triptans as the absolute LAST RESORT when treating my CH.&&

IP Logged

George
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Black-Billed Magpie

Boise, Idaho USA
Reply #8 - Aug 25th, 2010 at 11:24am

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

A list of some of the microbial denizens in the old piehole.  We're a germ farm, like it or not.   Wink

I thought it was interesting that the critters in our mouths vary only slightly--no matter where we live, or what we eat.  Just guessing here, but it sounds to me like we need them, even if we don't know why they're there.

Best,

George

"Whoever loveth me, loveth my hound."  (Thomas More, author of "Utopia", and Chancellor of England.  1477-1535)
WWW George jacox6820 7165032563  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!