Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Hello from a Noobe. (Read 3934 times)
mikstudie
CH.com Old Timer

Beastmaster

Westland Mi.
Re: Hello from a Noobe.
Reply #25 - Aug 30th, 2010 at 4:20pm

I use the spray and if you taste it your not using it right and it wont be affective.Just a light sniff not a snort when taking it.if bit gets to your taste buds it's not in your nose and must go through your system to take affect.It must stay in your nose not your throat.

IT'S JUST A HEADACHE,TAKE TWO ASPRIN AND GO TO BED!!!

IP Logged

bejeeber
CH.com Hall of Famer

Gnashville
Reply #26 - Aug 30th, 2010 at 6:54pm

Interesting - I bet a lot of us have been instinctively thinking that the more force you put into snorting it, the more it will be absorbed

CH according to Bejeeber:

Strictly relying on doctors for CH treatment is often a prescription that will keep you in a whole lot of PAIN. Doctors are WAY behind in many respects, and they are usually completely unaware of the benefits of high flow 100% O2.

There are lots of effective treatments documented at this site. Take matters into your own hands, learn as much as you can here and at clusterbusters.com, put it into practice, then tell this CH beast Jeebs said hello right before you bash him so hard with a swift uppercut knockout punch that his stupid horns go flinging right off.
bejeeber bejeeber Enter your address line 1 here  
IP Logged

chbob04
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Reply #27 - Aug 31st, 2010 at 10:12pm

I wanted to add that before I found this site, I thought Red Bull was an alcoholic beverage.  I just never had reason to give the stuff any thought at all. I don't drink.

I now have 3 cans in the 'fridge. The way things are going, I am thinking that those three cans may be there a real long time  Grin .

I have never increased the topamax dosage from 25Mg/day, and I plan to finish that prescription. It has 2 refills, and I will get one refill to have on hand. I had a prescription of Prednisone filled today, but I do not want to use it. It should have a pretty good shelf life?

Maybe I am being a bit optimistic. I see no reason to increase or add any meds.

I am also too paranoid to reduce them.

What do those of you who are episodic use as a criteria to determine that a cycle has truely ended?

Thanks,
  Bob
« Last Edit: Aug 31st, 2010 at 10:13pm by chbob04 »  

IP Logged

Lettucehead
CH.com Old Timer

I am very blessed...

Iowa
Reply #28 - Aug 31st, 2010 at 10:36pm

Ive heard people on the board say that if you have 2 weeks without a hit or shadow, you should think about trying to cut down on the meds and see how you do.

I tried to cut my verapmil a week or so ago and had shadows again so I went ahead and went back up on it.  I'll give it another go in another week.  I did get off the lamictal without a problem...

Listen, and understand. That terminator is out there. It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear... 'The Terminator' AKA CH

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #29 - Sep 2nd, 2010 at 4:40pm

That's always been my rule of thumb. 2 weeks pain free, start weaning slowly off the lithium...with the doctors knowledge and approval....and see if i get bit or not!

JOe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

mikstudie
CH.com Old Timer

Beastmaster

Westland Mi.
Reply #30 - Sep 2nd, 2010 at 7:39pm

You mean I have to wait 2 weeks before I can have a beer,It's already been 5 weeks. Smiley

IT'S JUST A HEADACHE,TAKE TWO ASPRIN AND GO TO BED!!!

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #31 - Sep 2nd, 2010 at 8:05pm

I wait until I'm safely off of my prevents for a week or two before my first beer......but then I'm a chicken that way!!!!

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!