Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Just crossed the bridge to 02 - I have a plan. (Read 1214 times)
headbanger45
CH.com Junior

Busted head and rocking

x0|Dallas|USA||0|0|TX,Texas
Just crossed the bridge to 02 - I have a plan.
Aug 17th, 2010 at 1:43pm

After 5 weeks of getting my @$$ kicked and feeling very strung out on abortives, I started what I thought was going to a long journey to getting completely set-up with 02. I did have a friend that gave my two M bottles (If you don't have a source, your local welding supply will set you up with a bottle or two). I ended up getting a CGA 540 Regulator 0-25 lpm, a NON re-breather with 7 foot of line from a business on-line called "XS Medical." I was having I hard time finding a 0-25 in a CGA 540, so when I did, I ordered it. Later in the day, a guy from XS Medical called and asked me about my order and what I was using it for. I told him CH aborting and he was up on it and said the reg I ordered had two additional power take-offs that I really didn't need and that saved me money. So, nice to know that some folks are willing to help.
Other things I've done to lower the kip factor. I read Joe's comments about calcium - I ended up going by a GNC and ramped up the quality and quantity of a multi-vitamin. I take double the dose per day. I am not sure if there's anything to this, but my hits, and I have multiple per day, have been milder. so, after tomorrow, I will try to go it without Imitrex and solo on 02...... My plan: Lemonade, Milk, multi-vitamins, and 02..and my continued walk without a single beer..dang-it Smiley

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Re: Just crossed the bridge to 02 - I have a plan.
Reply #1 - Aug 17th, 2010 at 1:55pm

Hoping the 02 provides the knock out punch for you that it has for me. As far as the supplements, I stole most of that from Batch! His complete regimen designed to alter your PH levels making you less succeptible to attacks:

Zinc, Magnesium, Calcium Citrate and Vitamin D, washed down with fresh lemonade, up to 4X a day. Really pulled me out of a bad patch this last cycle when even 02 was starting to fail me.

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Potter
CH.com Alumnus

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky
Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

Blgs.Mt.
Reply #2 - Aug 17th, 2010 at 2:26pm

Darn good plan.

Potter

IP Logged

Lettucehead
CH.com Old Timer

I am very blessed...

Iowa
Reply #3 - Aug 17th, 2010 at 8:48pm

headbanger45 wrote on Aug 17th, 2010 at 1:43pm:
I ended up going by a GNC and ramped up the quality and quantity of a multi-vitamin.

I hope you find some relief!
Just a word of caution though - please be a bit careful when taking multiples of multivitamins.  Vit C, Vit D, even Calcium is usually fine when taken in multiples of the amount of multivitamins.  However, there can be a concern when taking significant amounts of fat-soluble vitamins such as vit E and minerals such as iron.  They can build up in the body and cause toxicity.  Just thought I'd mention it...

Listen, and understand. That terminator is out there. It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear... 'The Terminator' AKA CH

IP Logged

jon019
CH.com Alumnus

"Ya gotta believe!"

USA
Reply #4 - Aug 17th, 2010 at 9:12pm

Hi,

I would add...and from my experience only...that there is something in "multi" vitamins that is a trigger.
I take all kinds of supplements, for all kind of reasons...individually...which would make it easier to discern which MAY be a problem...though I haven"t figured it out yet.

Best,

Jon

The LARGE print giveth....and the small print taketh away.    Tom Waits

IP Logged

headbanger45
CH.com Junior

Busted head and rocking

x0|Dallas|USA||0|0|TX,Texas
Re: I have a plan. UPDATE
Reply #5 - Aug 30th, 2010 at 4:32pm

A few weeks ago, I decided that I needed to break away from vap and imitrex so, I went to work on 02. Got (2) 125's, a rebreather, and made my own bubbler. Started the
multi-vitamins and the other vitamins suggested by Batch, kept Lemonade lite around me a lot. Hit 02 any time I felt a showdow. 02 did a great job on full on hits (abort 3-5 minutes). Notice I'm talking past-tense. So, was it the vitamins, or the 02 (Batch talks about vascular toning), but the hits slowed way down during the 1st week, went 4 days without even a shadow, then Friday night - i had a 1/2 beer. It was so great and scary - cool thing, no hit. Since Friday, I huff 02 at 25 lpm's for about 5 minutes every PM, not needing it, but just letting the bastard know i'm not playing. The vets on this site really push 02 and I've been around here for 3 plus years and have been too stupid to go for it. So, with 02 and Batch, Joe, and all the other helpful folks, there is hope. I'm a believer - 02 is too cheap not to try - hang in there everyone and thanks again. - Jon
headbanger45 wrote on Aug 17th, 2010 at 1:43pm:
After 5 weeks of getting my @$$ kicked and feeling very strung out on abortives, I started what I thought was going to a long journey to getting completely set-up with 02. I did have a friend that gave my two M bottles (If you don't have a source, your local welding supply will set you up with a bottle or two). I ended up getting a CGA 540 Regulator 0-25 lpm, a NON re-breather with 7 foot of line from a business on-line called "XS Medical." I was having I hard time finding a 0-25 in a CGA 540, so when I did, I ordered it. Later in the day, a guy from XS Medical called and asked me about my order and what I was using it for. I told him CH aborting and he was up on it and said the reg I ordered had two additional power take-offs that I really didn't need and that saved me money. So, nice to know that some folks are willing to help.
Other things I've done to lower the kip factor. I read Joe's comments about calcium - I ended up going by a GNC and ramped up the quality and quantity of a multi-vitamin. I take double the dose per day. I am not sure if there's anything to this, but my hits, and I have multiple per day, have been milder. so, after tomorrow, I will try to go it without Imitrex and solo on 02...... My plan: Lemonade, Milk, multi-vitamins, and 02..and my continued walk without a single beer..dang-it Smiley

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #6 - Aug 30th, 2010 at 4:39pm

Glad you're getting positive results. Nice feeling, eh?

Quote:
So, was it the vitamins, or the 02...

...or you cycle naturally came to an end. Not likely, but don't rule out any possibility.

Quote:
I huff 02 at 25 lpm's for about 5 minutes every PM, not needing it, but just letting the bastard know i'm not playing.

Really not necessary.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!