Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Yesterday I had my first Ch. (Read 1022 times)
ClusterHeadacher
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Yesterday I had my first Ch.
Aug 15th, 2010 at 10:57pm

I just want to tell you guys how was it. I woke up with a LITTLE bit of pain in my right eye. NOTHING SPECIAL. I tryed watching some TV, but it made it hurt even more for some reason. It was maybe a little bit swollen and it had a boring, heavy pain in it.

Then I went to the beach as usual, but I started feeling not so well so I decided to go home. On my way home I started sweating unusually, I mean quite a bit, I was covered with sweat. I had a fever by the time I got home, which I saw it coming. My eye started hurting, just the topper part of my eye. I fell asleep and I woke up, I don't remember it very well. I couldn't eat because of the fever, nor watch TV or computer. I did something, fell asleep AGAIN, and by the time the night came, I just had a VERY DEEP, DEEP, pain in my eye. I couldn't even remain on the same spot, I had to move around, I couldn't sleep. I tried to sleep once, but then I came to the PC again because it was hard. finally, at 6 am I went to sleep again and it was hurting like hell. Durning the day I had managed to reasearch it on the web so that's why I knew it was probably CH.

Anyways I am still not completley conviced it WAS. It was a deep pain, but it was bereable. My nose was also running and it was really hurting bad at one point. But no where close to the Youtube videos I saw! I mean I couldn't stand in the same place from the pain, but I'd say it was 6/10 in the pain scale. Just a little bit over the top. Maybe it was like 7/10. But it lasted for HOURS, HOURS!!

Anyways the whole day today it was been like 1/10, and now the night came and it's 2.5/10, barely noticable, but it is annoying and I fear for my life that it returns. I've had a feel of it, and i think I know how bad can it be. I've had it for two straight days, that means. It never completley went away, maybe for a copule of minutes. What is your take on it, cluster headaches? Yes or no?

I'm 18, male, generally healthy, I do exercise every day, and I do Tai Chi every other day too. But emotionally I took a hell of a beating from this CH, I'm kind of fearful but also I have hope I can overcome this. Tomorrow I'm not gonna be able to go to the doctor, maybe in 2 days, what do you guys think, is it really important to go to the doctor straight away? BTW, another synthom is the facial blushing and facial heat. The running nose and the eye were on the same side of my face, the left. I also had a bit of pain in my LEG, yes, LEG, maybe unrelated, but I don't know in which  leg, and only for a copule of seconds. Thanks for reading, and have a good day. Stay strong and don't let it get the better of you. I'm also want to belieave that the mind can cure ANY disease.

I'm starting to feel a bit like "I'm a victim" but I sure as hell don't want to feel this way. I think it's unhealthy and I wanna feel strong and like I can kick this diseases ass. Because we all can do that. But I'm not even sure if I have it, altough it's very probable, altough it's a mild case. I feel like it's gonna evolve any minute, right now I feel like this could any minute "pop up" and pass from a 2/10 to a 8 or something.

BTW, sorry, if I wrote right, I ment left. I'm Portuguese BTW and not English.
« Last Edit: Aug 15th, 2010 at 11:03pm by ClusterHeadacher »  

IP Logged

shaggyparasol
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Portland, OR
Re: Yesterday I had my first Ch.
Reply #1 - Aug 16th, 2010 at 12:02am

Wow CH'er, sounds like you had a nice day! Smiley

You seem like a classic case of "go visit your doctor".  Too hard to tell this early in your clusterhead career if it was really a ch or not.  There would be some more dangerous things to check on to make sure and your doc may be a good place to start.

A classic ch will show itself over time as the attacks show up at similar times thoughout the day/night and then disappear after a few months (if episodic) or stick around (if chronic).  I started mine right at 18.  Got hammered once a day around 9 or 10am.  Alcohol was a horrible trigger in my cycle.

So check in with your doc and see what they say and what the tests will show. 

IF you have ch then we can help you alleviate the pain.  It is a lifetime condition that we all learn to live with.  Many of us have had very successful, productive, long lives, so don't worry too much. 

Stay in touch and let us know what you find out. Smiley

--Shaggy

IP Logged

wimsey1
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

MA
Reply #2 - Aug 16th, 2010 at 7:42am

Yeah, the fever part is troubling. CH's don't bring on fevers, but an infection does...and some infections (like sinusitis) can be terribly painful. See your doc, right away. Blessings. lance

IP Logged

BobG
CH.com Hall of Famer

St. George, UT
Reply #3 - Aug 16th, 2010 at 7:17pm

Hey Clusterheadacher. Sorry you hear you’re suffering from some sort of pain. I am not a doctor nor an expert on headaches but, to me, some of the words you use to describe your condition just don’t match cluster headache symptoms. “I started sweating unusually, I mean quite a bit” “I had a fever” “I fell asleep” “I couldn't eat because of the fever” “fell asleep AGAIN” “I came to the PC”
“I went to sleep again and it was hurting like hell” “But it lasted for HOURS, HOURS” “I've had it for two straight days, It never completley went away”

What is my take on it, cluster headaches? Yes or no? No. Please do as Shaggy suggested, go visit your doctor. Also, on the left side of your screen are buttons ‘cluster quiz’ and ‘cluster traits’. Please read those and take the quiz and report back to us. We are very interested in the results and hate to have anyone mis-diagnosed.

P.S. Your English is great.

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.

IP Logged

shellcory
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Victoria, Australia
Reply #4 - Aug 17th, 2010 at 12:35am

Dear Clusterheadacher,

Shaggyparasol, Lance and BobG have given you some fantastic advice! They are very wise men.
Please see a Dr as what your describing may not be cluster headaches at all, there are a number of other conditions that would give you the symptoms you are describing, some are very serious others not so serious. Good luck!
                           Regards Shell Smiley

IP Logged

JustNotRight
CH.com Sponsor

CH version 15.0.8 member
since 2005 aka GingerS224

Wilkes-Barre, Pa (USA)
Reply #5 - Aug 17th, 2010 at 5:09am

See your Doctor and see the links below for different types of headaches on the NIH website or the PDF of same article.

NIH Website Headache Article
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

PDF of Same NIH Headache Article
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

An eye for eye only ends up making the whole world blind.
M.K. Gandhi

If you are going through hell...Just keep going
WWW JustNotRight gngr.stewart GingerS224  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!