Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Newbie (Read 1362 times)
mikstudie
CH.com Old Timer

Beastmaster

Westland Mi.
Aug 10th, 2010 at 12:47pm

My name is mike,first attack was 2 years ago got it under control with steroids. Started again a couple weeks ago started steroids and hopefully have it under control again.Great to find a place where people understand what this BS is all about.

IT'S JUST A HEADACHE,TAKE TWO ASPRIN AND GO TO BED!!!

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Re: Newbie
Reply #1 - Aug 10th, 2010 at 12:54pm

Welcome to the nut house! There is a small percentage of CH'ers for whom a short burst of prednisone will actually halt a cycle. Glad to hear you're one of them! That being said, it's still a good idea to educate yourself as to a plan B, as the beast is best known for his ability to morph. What worked this cycle, or even for many years, will one day just up and stop!

With luck the short burst therapy will never let you down, hoping that'll be the case for you. If it ever should fail you, there's a wealth of info available on this site to make sure he never keeps the upper hand on you.

Glad you found us, hoping this remission lasts a lifetime! Wink

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Kate in Oz
CH.com Hall of Famer

Australia
Reply #2 - Aug 10th, 2010 at 7:54pm

Hi Mike,

Welcome!  Glad you found us.  Too true about morphing - can be very frustrating.  Good luck with the steriods I hope they work again for you.

Keep us posted,

Kate

IP Logged

JustNotRight
CH.com Sponsor

CH version 15.0.8 member
since 2005 aka GingerS224

Wilkes-Barre, Pa (USA)
Reply #3 - Aug 10th, 2010 at 7:58pm

Hi Mike and Welcome!

Read all you can, ask what ever Q's you have and check out the O2 Page.  When the Beast comes out to play we are here to help keep him at bay!

PF Wishes to you!

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
An eye for eye only ends up making the whole world blind.
M.K. Gandhi

If you are going through hell...Just keep going
WWW JustNotRight gngr.stewart GingerS224  
IP Logged

coach_bill
CH.com Hall of Famer

"Dont expect me to lay
down for this"

x0|euclid|USA||0|0|OH,Ohio
Reply #4 - Aug 10th, 2010 at 8:22pm

Mike,

Welcome aboard.

Coach Bill

boy i cant wait till it's my turn to give him a headache. paybacks a bitch
IP Logged

wimsey1
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

MA
Reply #5 - Aug 11th, 2010 at 7:27am

Good to have you here, Mike. Stick around, read and read some more. There's a lot of great advice here. Not only do we understand this BS, we have declared war on it! Blessings! lance

IP Logged

mikstudie
CH.com Old Timer

Beastmaster

Westland Mi.
Reply #6 - Aug 11th, 2010 at 12:52pm

Thanks for the warm welcome,I just wish things would work for ALL of you the way these steroids work for me.4 days not a trace of pain,its working the same way it did 2 years ago.God Bless you all your in my prayers,I have a good idea what your dealing with.

IP Logged

mikstudie
CH.com Old Timer

Beastmaster

Westland Mi.
Reply #7 - Aug 17th, 2010 at 1:20pm

well that didnt last long.happens once a day 1 to 2 hours after i fall asleep.doc put me on imitrex spray worked great last night $$$$$$$ copay is 35.00 per 6 bottles well worth it. doc wants to try a muscle relaxer for a few days then i think verapamil. whats this ad on the home page about 95% o2 in a can??? My insurance wont cover 02 until i pay a 1000.00 deductable.any bad side affects fr5om the imitrex spray??

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #8 - Aug 17th, 2010 at 1:34pm

I haven't heard anyone complain about side effects from imtrex sprays, have not used them myself.

Oxygen in a can......not enough volume to be of any use to us. Even the most rapid of us take at least 4 minutes to abort with the average probably being closer to 10 minutes. 02 is actually pretty cheap, $4-5 a month for each e-tank you rent, $15 or so each refill. Per abort it's probably actually cheaper then your spray!

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

shaggyparasol
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Portland, OR
Reply #9 - Aug 17th, 2010 at 4:48pm

Nighttimer you say??  Read through some of the melatonin threads here.  Works great for some people.  I am a daytimer so the caffeine routine works well. 

--Shaggy

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!