Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Electrodes Anyone ? (Read 6630 times)
Lizzie2
CH.com Sponsor

"L'Chaim"~Hebrew Toast~"To
Life"

Boothwyn, PA
Re: Electrodes Anyone ?
Reply #25 - Aug 9th, 2010 at 7:48pm

Ginger,

Forgot to include about the battery - silly me!  The battery is rechargeable.  Mine is FDA approved to last 10 years, but may last even longer than that.  I was told I'd need to charge it once a week, but I'm going about once a month at this point.  You use an external charger with a paddle that lies over the site of the battery, which is under the skin.  It takes me roughly an hour to charge - sometimes more or less, depending on how long it's been since the last charge.  When it gets to the point where charging is requiring a schedule that is not practical, then they will replace the battery through a surgery.  Not nearly as big a surgery, however, since it's just the battery site they open.

Hope this helps.

Carrie

~~"Don't know much about your life. Don't know much about your world, but Don't wanna be alone tonight on this planet they call Earth."~~
Lizzie2 Lizzie2 Lizzie52004 NeoNurseChic  
IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Reply #26 - Aug 9th, 2010 at 7:56pm

Thanks Carrie!  That was helpful to  lot of folks I know. 

Jerry

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end." Texas A&M Student (unknown)
Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #27 - Aug 9th, 2010 at 7:56pm

Nicely done Carrie! Wink

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

JustNotRight
CH.com Sponsor

CH version 15.0.8 member
since 2005 aka GingerS224

Wilkes-Barre, Pa (USA)
Reply #28 - Aug 9th, 2010 at 8:27pm

Thanks Carrie!  Excellent Info!

Again Much Appreciated!

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
An eye for eye only ends up making the whole world blind.
M.K. Gandhi

If you are going through hell...Just keep going
WWW JustNotRight gngr.stewart GingerS224  
IP Logged

JustNotRight
CH.com Sponsor

CH version 15.0.8 member

Wilkes-Barre, Pa (USA)
Reply #29 - Aug 11th, 2010 at 5:12pm

Carrie : I just wanted to thank you again for your detailed posting on the implant and for sharing your experience with it, with all of us!

On another note; it has been suggested through a PM (all be it by someone I do not get along with well) that I owe Carrie an apology.  I am sure you already know this Carrie but here goes...

I hope you all know I meant no harm nor foul in my initial posting with my question asked completely in jest (as the words before the question stated) and with out the knowledge that Carrie had the implant, as you can tell by subsequent posts.

I live and die by my sense of humor and even if crass at times, it is how I deal with CH and the more difficult things in life. 

If you felt slighted Carrie my sincere apologies and please know nothing was directed at you personally.

Again your input on the topic of the implant was invaluable and much appreciated!!

Smiley
Ging...

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
M.K. Gandhi

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #30 - Aug 11th, 2010 at 7:43pm

Crass replies (as you have said they were) ...are usually tolerated from friends and family who have known us for years and years. Not so much when someone you don't even know, have ever met, etc.

EXAMPLE:  I can poke fun at DJ for for being bald and having a zipper on the sides of his head because I have known him for years and he knows I love him.   I also know the hell he went through to have those scars/zippers. 

suppose for a min.  DJ is at a gas station pumping gas into his truck and a perfect stranger says "hey Zipperhead"   totally different ballgame!!!!!   

When you meet someone face to face, like at a convention or a get-together and get to  know them and the struggles they went through, it gives a totally different perspective.

My personal thoughts on the matter Ginger.

Carrie, your experiences are an inspiration to all of us who are hopeful that something can help us, especially us,  who are chronic.  You keep on keeping on girl.   Kiss

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

JustNotRight
CH.com Sponsor

CH version 15.0.8 member

Wilkes-Barre, Pa (USA)
Reply #31 - Aug 11th, 2010 at 8:24pm

Linda_Howell wrote on Aug 11th, 2010 at 7:43pm:
Crass replies (as you have said they were) ...are usually tolerated from friends and family who have known us for years and years. Not so much when someone you don't even know, have ever met, etc.

EXAMPLE:  I can poke fun at DJ for for being bald and having a zipper on the sides of his head because I have known him for years and he knows I love him.   I also know the hell he went through to have those scars/zippers. 

suppose for a min.  DJ is at a gas station pumping gas into his truck and a perfect stranger says "hey Zipperhead"   totally different ballgame!!!!!   

When you meet someone face to face, like at a convention or a get-together and get to  know them and the struggles they went through, it gives a totally different perspective.

My personal thoughts on the matter Ginger.

Carrie, your experiences are an inspiration to all of us who are hopeful that something can help us, especially us,  who are chronic.  You keep on keeping on girl.   Kiss

Um...   Shocked
JustNotRight wrote on Aug 11th, 2010 at 5:12pm:
I live and die by my sense of humor and even if crass at times, it is how I deal with CH and the more difficult things in life. 

Ging...

I did not say my replies were crass nor were any of them intended that way. 
Nor was I ever poking fun at Carrie!!!

I Am VERY SORRY If Carrie was offended. believe me when I say "NO Offense was meant towards her or anyone else" needless to say.  

I think we can all agree that Keeping a sense of humor in dealing with the beast and all related meds, treatments etc. is a better way to deal with it than not. 

M.K. Gandhi

IP Logged

black
CH.com Old Timer

I Love CH.com!

Greece,Athens
Reply #32 - Aug 11th, 2010 at 8:48pm

i would like to abort with 02 in three min or less(and five and six and seven)
where do i sign?Sad

damn o2 suppliers Cry

Oh come on!it's just water.It can't be that bad!

IP Logged

JustNotRight
CH.com Sponsor

CH version 15.0.8 member

Wilkes-Barre, Pa (USA)
Reply #33 - Aug 11th, 2010 at 8:52pm

You and me both Black, now I just need A Dr to prescribe the damned O2  Shocked

I Hope you Feel Better Soon!

M.K. Gandhi

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #34 - Aug 11th, 2010 at 8:56pm

LMAO...a sense of humor is indeed mandatory around these parts.

Black, can you not get 02? Go here and print it off for your Dr.   Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

Lizzie2
CH.com Sponsor

"L'Chaim"~Hebrew Toast~"To
Life"

Boothwyn, PA
Reply #35 - Aug 11th, 2010 at 11:03pm

Linda - that was very sweet of you to say!  Thank you!! Smiley

And thanks to everyone else as well!!

Ginger - As I said via PM about this - I tend to be very sensitive even to jokes about the nerve stimulator surgery.  Yes, it's surgery and I know that turns people off...but I've been jumped on enough times about how "barbaric" it seems that I get a bit touchy about it.  It was wonderful to get to do the talk in Atlanta because I think people respond a bit differently when they hear you actually talk about it rather than just read what you wrote. Smiley

No worries - it's all good. Smiley

Black - I don't know that anyone gets 3min or less, tho the people who use the demand valves and the very high flows just might!!  I just know that even 3 min still wouldn't help me on the job! Smiley

PF wishes to all!! Smiley
Carrie Smiley

~~"Don't know much about your life. Don't know much about your world, but Don't wanna be alone tonight on this planet they call Earth."~~
Lizzie2 Lizzie2 Lizzie52004 NeoNurseChic  
IP Logged

Racer1_NC
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

"Well, let's go see."

Lewisville, NC
Reply #36 - Aug 11th, 2010 at 11:46pm

Lizzie2 wrote on Aug 11th, 2010 at 11:03pm:
Black - I don't know that anyone gets 3min or less, tho the people who use the demand valves and the very high flows just might!! 

I do about 60% of the time.  Wink

“We see what we believe, not the other way around." — Varga
Racer1_NC  
IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #37 - Aug 13th, 2010 at 11:28am

I use a demand valve and at about the 3 minute mark the pain usually stops building, and as early as the 6 minute mark it's gone. 10 minutes for me is unusually long.

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!