Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
new here. (Read 1493 times)
kobzar
CH.com Newbie

cluster headaches suck!

new york state
new here.
Jul 28th, 2010 at 2:00pm

hi, I'm 45, male, blessed with beautiful wife for 23 years. with two boys, 19 and 23. have been a cluster headache victim for 20 years now. i just found this site a week or so ago. nice to know I'm not the only one with alot of the same pains and feelings that i have. GOD Bless!

IP Logged

Agostino Leyre
CH.com Sponsor

"Hit like a phillips head
into my brain."

Madison WI USA
Re: new here.
Reply #1 - Jul 28th, 2010 at 2:06pm

It is nice to find this place.  I cried when I first started reading the stuff here.  Finally some one who really understands.....

Triptans cause increased number of hits and increased intensity.  Learn it, believe it, live it.  I use triptans as the absolute LAST RESORT when treating my CH.&&

IP Logged

feneq
CH.com Junior

uncommented

germany
Reply #2 - Jul 28th, 2010 at 2:35pm

welcome to this huge cluster-family, i already started to love this forum because it is very dynamic, scrutinizing, sympathetic and caring (more than my family ever did)

my cluster is my partner - loyal, laying me down often enough and can make me cry !!
feneq.fox  
IP Logged

Agostino Leyre
CH.com Sponsor

"Hit like a phillips head
into my brain."

Madison WI USA
Reply #3 - Jul 28th, 2010 at 2:40pm

feneq wrote on Jul 28th, 2010 at 2:35pm:
it is very dynamic, scrutinizing, sympathetic and caring

That's a pretty fair description.
« Last Edit: Jul 28th, 2010 at 2:41pm by Agostino Leyre »  

Triptans cause increased number of hits and increased intensity.  Learn it, believe it, live it.  I use triptans as the absolute LAST RESORT when treating my CH.&&

IP Logged

feneq
CH.com Junior

uncommented

germany
Reply #4 - Jul 28th, 2010 at 2:58pm

thanks, it is very much how i see & feel  it Wink

my cluster is my partner - loyal, laying me down often enough and can make me cry !!
feneq.fox  
IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #5 - Jul 28th, 2010 at 3:25pm

Hey Kobzar welcome to the board. Do you have an effective treatment regimen for your CH? A doc who cares? Wink Do you have oxygen yet? Glad you found us hope we can help you out!

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

shellcory
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Victoria, Australia
Reply #6 - Jul 29th, 2010 at 2:42am

Welcome! The people here, their information, experience and support are truly awesome! May your journey through life be a little easier now that you have found this wonder. Goodluck with it all and if you ever need to chat just drop us a line.
                                           Regards Shell Smiley

IP Logged

kobzar
CH.com Newbie

cluster headaches suck!

new york state
Reply #7 - Jul 29th, 2010 at 10:43am

thanks for the welcome everyone. yes i am on depakote and verelan year round. i have imitrex injections, this year doc has added imitrex pills which do work but not as quick as the injections. when it gets to where i  am in the worst of the cycle i am put on prednisone also, sometimes before then. once  prednisone is added they fade away and i usually am good to go for another 2 years. i did try years ago botox injections. big mistake, ended up getting 4-6 a day short time after. thanks again for the welcome. wish you all the best.

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #8 - Jul 29th, 2010 at 4:22pm

Kobzar.

Please check out the following link on how to obtain a properly written prescription for oxygen inhalation therapy as an abortive for your cluster headaches:

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

It contains a couple downloads that are helpful to take along when you see your doc and ask for an Rx for oxygen.

Take care and hang in there,

V/R, Batch

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

bejeeber
CH.com Hall of Famer

Gnashville
Reply #9 - Jul 29th, 2010 at 6:46pm

Hey Kobzar, 'ol Batch and Giussepi aren't kidding around when they bring up the newer, more effective approach to O2 therapy - you'll want to look into that over at the oxygen info link to the left of this page.

Hopefully you've learned about how to stretch those imitrex injection doses? If not, this is a must read: Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

People often come here for the community and camaraderie, only to end up learning  some valuable new ways to fight this beast!

CH according to Bejeeber:

Strictly relying on doctors for CH treatment is often a prescription that will keep you in a whole lot of PAIN. Doctors are WAY behind in many respects, and they are usually completely unaware of the benefits of high flow 100% O2.

There are lots of effective treatments documented at this site. Take matters into your own hands, learn as much as you can here and at clusterbusters.com, put it into practice, then tell this CH beast Jeebs said hello right before you bash him so hard with a swift uppercut knockout punch that his stupid horns go flinging right off.
bejeeber bejeeber Enter your address line 1 here  
IP Logged

wimsey1
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

MA
Reply #10 - Jul 30th, 2010 at 8:49am

And you've read about the aborting effects of Red Bull, or Monster, or any energy drink with caffeine plus taurine? And melatonin? All good interventions when coupled with proper O2 use. lance

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #11 - Jul 30th, 2010 at 10:41am

And to add to Wimsey's.....I use 02 to abort, but drink a sugar free red bull while I'm aborting. 02 knocks it down, the red bull seems to prevent the "come backer" that I'm prone to within 10-20 minutes of shutting off the 02. Been an effective 1-2 punch for me. Red Bull also works  well for those annoying shadows between hits.

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

kobzar
CH.com Newbie

cluster headaches suck!

new york state
Reply #12 - Aug 1st, 2010 at 8:31am

thanks everyone for the advise. i have asked doc before about oxygen, oh must have been like 15 years ago. cant remember why he didn't want to have me try it. seems to me be safer than the shots. though i would not be able to have it at work. i will look into it more. thanks again GOD Bless  Cool

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!