Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Shadows are on the increase... worried (Read 1285 times)
JackieTreehorn
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Shadows are on the increase... worried
Jul 13th, 2010 at 4:03pm

Hi,

It's been two and half yrs since my second cycle so i'm not as well acquainted with the beast as most of you out there. But i fear its back and wanted some advice from the veterans.

Over the last 3 days i've been getting shadows that have been increasing in frequency, from a couple a day to once every 30 mins or so. I'd put them at 2 1/2 on the kip scale.

Should I prepare for the worst? Is there a chance the shadows could subside and this is all just a false alarm?

Cheers

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Re: Shadows are on the increase... worried
Reply #1 - Jul 13th, 2010 at 4:48pm

Yes, yes and yes! Cheesy

It might be shadows and nothing more, it might stay at shadows, or a full on attack may be imminent. And even history doesn't help you much because the damned things morph so often.

I'm the eternal optimist, every attack is my last of that cycle, every cycle is the last one I'll ever have! But I ALWAYS have oxygen, imitrex jabs and a healthy supply of my prevent on hand just in case. Given that it almost always takes 2-4 weeks to get in to see a neuro, it's just good sound practice.

Hoping you get a few more annoying shadows and the beast disappears for a while. But I'd still strongly recommend you load up for war.

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Skyhawk5
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Ypsilanti, Mi. USA
Reply #2 - Jul 13th, 2010 at 8:28pm

Prrepare for the worst and hope for the best. A wise old saying. Being prepared is the best thing you can do. I've been caught more than once, unprepared and it's not a good thing.

My cycles now come at different times of the year so being as ready as I can helps a lot.

Good luck,  Don

Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of the Beast , I  have O2 so I fear him not.
Skyhawk5655  
IP Logged

wimsey1
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

MA
Reply #3 - Jul 14th, 2010 at 7:53am

Ditto everything, and keep in mind it does seem clusters feed on themselves. They tend to build in frequency and intensity as they go along, so the best thing is to abort them quickly and every time. Don't give the snowball a chance in Hades of getting bigger. Blessings! lance

IP Logged

shaggyparasol
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Portland, OR
Reply #4 - Jul 15th, 2010 at 11:10am

Hard to say Jackie.  I agree with the others that it could come on strong or disappear for awhile.  If you subscribe to the clusterbusters protocals, this would be a great time take a small dose and push the cycle away for awhile.  Working for me for a couple years now, worth a look perhaps.

--Shaggy

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!