Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
I had 9 years pain free (Read 1468 times)
Birdebyrd
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

I had 9 years pain free
Jun 24th, 2010 at 1:48pm

I had nine years pain free. I took matters into my own hands (I'll never forget it, because it was on the same day the WTCs came crashing down). I'm 50 years old, and just started on yet another dance with this crap... I thought we were supposed to outgrow it... well, I haven't outgrown it.

IP Logged

Birdebyrd
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Re: I had 9 years pain free
Reply #1 - Jun 24th, 2010 at 1:53pm

I should have mentioned the treatment involved dried p. cubensis. I also used to frequent this board in the late 90s early 00s and remember some of the older folks on here but lost contact with most of them. I stockpiled some imitrex injections back then, and had some left, most of which are about 10 yrs out of date. It still works, though. I just doubt it'll last me before my alternative therapy is available

IP Logged

George
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Black-Billed Magpie

Boise, Idaho USA
Reply #2 - Jun 24th, 2010 at 1:54pm

Birdebyrd wrote on Jun 24th, 2010 at 1:48pm:
I thought we were supposed to outgrow it... well, I haven't outgrown it.

Neither have I.   Tongue

Welcome to CH.com.  Sorry to hear you're getting beaten up again, however.  Nine years is a darn good run.

Best,

George

"Whoever loveth me, loveth my hound."  (Thomas More, author of "Utopia", and Chancellor of England.  1477-1535)
WWW George jacox6820 7165032563  
IP Logged

anthony g
CH.com Old Timer

I Love CH.com!

manhattan nyc
Reply #3 - Jun 24th, 2010 at 4:29pm

HEy man
I had 10yrs cluster free until this past christmas it came back with avengance! I too will be 50 next week,so I guess we dont outgrow it!  Wink Sorry and happy your back! Alot has changed so much more out there for help! 02 is a lifesaver! Imitrex tip help's alot too!
keep strong my friend!
Anthony

IP Logged

jayhedges
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Reply #4 - Jun 24th, 2010 at 5:08pm

I'm 56 and on day 14 of my first CH. Getting a handle on the o2 and looking for a long term plan after this cycle. I'll be prepared next time. Sorry to hear its back for you. I think the age thing is crap.nThere a lot of info here now so hopefully things will get better fast. Red Bull is new since 2001 so give that a shot.

IP Logged

GrandPotentate
CH.com Old Timer

mmmmmmmmmm

Michigan City, IN  USA
Reply #5 - Jun 25th, 2010 at 10:37pm

I was annual for a while, then I've had a couple breaks of several years each.  I guess we might outgrow it when we get old.  There are still no magic cures.  I hope your cycle is quick and easy.

Jon

IP Logged

wimsey1
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

MA
Reply #6 - Jun 26th, 2010 at 8:03am

I started when I was 36, and 23 years later, there stilll heeere! The thought used to be they didn't last past 15 years. Oh well. Now, I'm chronic and have been for 3 years. But I am managing the pain. Hooray for O2 and Monster energy drinks. I particularly like Sniper...kind of like taking a shot at the beast! Sorry you're back; and glad to have you back! Prayers for another pf 9 years! lance

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #7 - Jun 27th, 2010 at 11:03am

wimsey1 wrote on Jun 26th, 2010 at 8:03am:
The thought used to be they didn't last past 15 years.

Source? I've never heard that before.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #8 - Jun 28th, 2010 at 10:08am

There's sure a lot of old farts on this board! I'm 50...in month 7 of a cycle STILL hoping I'll outgrow the damned things! Smiley

I'll continue the oxygen chant. Been a life changer for me. Read the link on the left, oxygen info" and give it a shot. Has all but eliminated my trex useage.

Joe

We should start an AARP CH Group! Grin

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

BobG
CH.com Hall of Famer

St. George, UT
Reply #9 - Jun 28th, 2010 at 12:40pm

At about age 52 my clusters stopped, except for a few random attacks, until age 59. Then they came back with a January to March cluster each year for the last 4 years. The good thing is the Kip is only in the 5 to 7 range and usually only one attack each night instead of the 3, 4, 5 attacks of the past.

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.

IP Logged

wimsey1
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

MA
Reply #10 - Jun 28th, 2010 at 6:39pm

Brew wrote on Jun 27th, 2010 at 11:03am:
wimsey1 wrote on Jun 26th, 2010 at 8:03am:
The thought used to be they didn't last past 15 years.

Source? I've never heard that before.

Sorry, Brew, it's lost in my pre-CH.com days when I was getting bad info. Could have been my neuro at the time? It was wrong as so many of us old farts attest. I'll rack my brains a little bit but I'm guessin' it's gonna remain anecdotal, and worth nothing anyway. Blessings! lance

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!