Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Trigeminal Nerve Block/Gamma Knife Radiosurgery (Read 2477 times)
zoieeliz
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Trigeminal Nerve Block/Gamma Knife Radiosurgery
Jun 7th, 2010 at 11:18pm

My son suffers horribly from the BEAST!  He is 36 years old.  The BEAST has been with him for over 10 years.  He has been  taking Imitrex & O2.  Topamax has been prescribed but he does not want to take it due to the weight loss, as he cannot afford to lose anymore weight.  Has anyone tried the trigeminal nerve block  or the gamma knife radiosurgery to permanently block the trigeminal nerve?  If so, please let me know how it went.......Thanks for your input.....and/or suggestions.

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Re: Trigeminal Nerve Block/Gamma Knife Radiosurgery
Reply #1 - Jun 8th, 2010 at 9:05am

Surgery is a last resort. I think I'd maybe consider letting them cut into my head if I had tried every other alternative. And I mean every single one of them.

Poo-pooing Topamax tells me that he's not even close to having tried every alternative.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #2 - Jun 8th, 2010 at 9:25am

I don't know of any success stories with that technique. There may be, I just don't know of them. The risks...as I'm sure the docs told ya, are extreme.

Your story sounds eerily similar to a father who recently came to the board and his son was getting slammed, nothing was working for them. He went to an alternative site       clusterbusters.com      and they have had tremendous success! Might be worth a shot.

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

davidj35
CH.com Veteran

02 is my best friend

x0|LaGrange|USA||0|0|NY,New_York
Reply #3 - Jun 10th, 2010 at 12:02pm

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register; Please check it out before any surgery, it can be a god send!

David

David Ellicott  
IP Logged

shaggyparasol
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Portland, OR
Reply #4 - Jun 10th, 2010 at 1:32pm

I second that emotion Wink

clusterbusters it is good sir!  Turned my life around.  They advocate for cluster pain relief through the use of plants and fungus.  Some of these have a stigma attached to them, but after reading tales of traditional Shaman/medicine people throughout the hemisphere I was willing to try. 

It is not 100% for everyone, but very effective for most.

--Shaggy Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!