Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Thanks for the advice (Read 658 times)
Righteye
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Vacaville, CA
Thanks for the advice
May 30th, 2010 at 2:27pm

I appreciate very much the replies to my post last nite.  It was a very rough nite, 1am-415am, nuff said.  The O@ co. hasn't got me regulator yet that works, although they're supposed to be on their way.  So my O2 therapy should start tonite.  My Dr. never has mentioned injections of Imitrex??  I've never specfically asked because I didn't think it was...Idk?
I'm still breaking pills in half and trying to figure out if it's worth it to pay the $200 Walgreens wants for 6 inhalers.  I have alot more knowledge and focus on this now that I've found this site.  I need the injectors.  I will also try melatonin....thanks again for the support.

IP Logged

bejeeber
CH.com Hall of Famer

Gnashville
Re: Thanks for the advice
Reply #1 - May 30th, 2010 at 3:12pm

The inhalers can work for some people, and having a few on hand can be pretty darn convenient for when you're stuck in some public environment and an attack hits.

One thing to keep in mind about the injectible is that if you use the initrex tip - 1/3 to 1/2 doses - it will seriously reduce the substantial hit to the wallet that these expensive buggers can cause.  Cool

CH according to Bejeeber:

Strictly relying on doctors for CH treatment is often a prescription that will keep you in a whole lot of PAIN. Doctors are WAY behind in many respects, and they are usually completely unaware of the benefits of high flow 100% O2.

There are lots of effective treatments documented at this site. Take matters into your own hands, learn as much as you can here and at clusterbusters.com, put it into practice, then tell this CH beast Jeebs said hello right before you bash him so hard with a swift uppercut knockout punch that his stupid horns go flinging right off.
bejeeber bejeeber Enter your address line 1 here  
IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #2 - May 30th, 2010 at 4:10pm

I am an Imitrex Injector user but since figuring out 02, I only use trex when I get caught away from my oxygen tank....which I assure you on cycle is pretty damned rare!

If you do not get a mask by tonight do the following:

Take a 1 gallon freezer ziplog bac. Cut a small hole in the bottom, insert tube from oxygen tank into bag, tape the crap out of it so it's more or less air tight. Ziplock the top shut, poke a slightly larger hole near the top of the bag and stick the cardboard tube from a paper towel or toilet paper roll in and tape the crap out of it.

You are now the proud owner of a non re breather mask. Turn on the 02 watch the bag fill, put your lips around the tube get you a big old lung full, remove mouth to exhale as you do not want exhaled air back in the bag...(non re breather)....suck on tube again ....repeat until headache is gone.

I'm 50, episodic for 31 years. I have been using oxygen as my primary abortive for over 20 years. Has radically changed my life and how I face the beast!! Hope it does the same for you.

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Skyhawk5
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Ypsilanti, Mi. USA
Reply #3 - May 30th, 2010 at 5:12pm

Joe's home made O2 setup will work, don't be afraid to try it. Good luck.

Don

Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of the Beast , I  have O2 so I fear him not.
Skyhawk5655  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!