Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New to U (Read 1044 times)
bustedfor30
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

New to U
May 25th, 2010 at 11:46am

I have just become a member and this is my first message to any and all. I am 51 years old and have lived with CH since I was 17. I have been headache free for 4 years now (the longest break ever). I was told by my neurologist that people usually out grow the headaches but I am not holding my breath. It is very nice to find a site where other people understand because my wife does not get headaches, I wish. I have been married for 32 years and have 2 boys, 18 and 21.

IP Logged

Bob Johnson
CH.com Alumnus

"Only the educated are
free." -Epictetus

Kennett Square, PA (USA)
Re: New to U
Reply #1 - May 25th, 2010 at 11:52am

Glad that you found us.

A word of encouragement: I'm 74 and my last "cycle", three-years ago, was one hit, then nothing more. So, while here is no medical literature about aging out, we have had informal discussions here and it seems to be true, if erratic re. the actual age when tapering down first manifests.

Bob Johnson

IP Logged

Dallas Denny 62
CH.com Old Timer

Semper Fi !!!!

Island Bayou Mushroom Farm
Reply #2 - May 25th, 2010 at 11:52am

Welcome to the community bustedfor30!!!  Congrats on the PF time!!!  I'm 63 and have had CH for over 40 years, and was told by a doc at around age 50 that many men grow out of em in their late 50's.....latest cycle was this past August after a 3 year remission so........nah, don't hold your breath, just enjoy the PF time!!

Dallas Denny

I am lost and have gone to find myself....if you should see me before I get back....please ask me to wait until I return!!

IP Logged

George
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Black-Billed Magpie

Boise, Idaho USA
Reply #3 - May 25th, 2010 at 2:27pm

Welcome.

Sounds as if your experience is similar to mine.  I started with these when I was 13.  I'm 56 now.  I've been in remission for just under a year now.  My last four CH cycles were each three years apart.  Before that, I went through cycles that were a year apart (for ten years).  Early on, my cycles were twice a year.

Aging out?  Could be.  They're certainly becoming less frequent, although they seem to be just as nasty when they come along.  Like you, I'm not holding my breath.

Again, welcome.  Pleased to make your acquaintance.

Best,

George

"Whoever loveth me, loveth my hound."  (Thomas More, author of "Utopia", and Chancellor of England.  1477-1535)
WWW George jacox6820 7165032563  
IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #4 - May 25th, 2010 at 6:05pm

Welcome to the board busted! Do you have  a decent regimen to manage the beast? Oxygen, a good prevent etc? Glad you found us, here you don't have to start with a description of an attack....sadly everyone here understands!

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

bejeeber
CH.com Hall of Famer

Gnashville
Reply #5 - May 25th, 2010 at 8:46pm

Cycles becoming less frequent as the decades roll by appears very common to me. That has certainly been my experience.

CH according to Bejeeber:

Strictly relying on doctors for CH treatment is often a prescription that will keep you in a whole lot of PAIN. Doctors are WAY behind in many respects, and they are usually completely unaware of the benefits of high flow 100% O2.

There are lots of effective treatments documented at this site. Take matters into your own hands, learn as much as you can here and at clusterbusters.com, put it into practice, then tell this CH beast Jeebs said hello right before you bash him so hard with a swift uppercut knockout punch that his stupid horns go flinging right off.
bejeeber bejeeber Enter your address line 1 here  
IP Logged

Arde
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Dayton, TX.
Reply #6 - May 26th, 2010 at 5:49pm

I must be running in reverse as I didn't get my first CH till I was 59. Am 65 now and they hurt like hell. Been doing good for about 6 or 7 weeks now due to having used the RC seeds. Just get an occasional mild hit easily knocked out with an energy drink. Or maybe I'm getting old.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

George
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Black-Billed Magpie

Boise, Idaho USA
Reply #7 - May 27th, 2010 at 2:22pm

Arde wrote on May 26th, 2010 at 5:49pm:
I must be running in reverse as I didn't get my first CH till I was 59. Am 65 now and they hurt like hell. Been doing good for about 6 or 7 weeks now due to having used the RC seeds. Just get an occasional mild hit easily knocked out with an energy drink. Or maybe I'm getting old.

Glad to hear that your present regimen seems to be working for you, Arde.   Smiley 

Late onset is a lousy thing.  Those of us who started early with it have at least had a chance to fit it--however uncomfortably--into the rest of our lives.  Having it come on in your fifties must be a bolt from the blue. 

Every day I read the accounts from others here, I realize how fortunate I've been.  I've not had it so badly.

Best wishes,

George

"Whoever loveth me, loveth my hound."  (Thomas More, author of "Utopia", and Chancellor of England.  1477-1535)
WWW George jacox6820 7165032563  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!