Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Loud Noise Trigger? (Read 1257 times)
ClusterHK
CH.com Junior

Ouch!

Now in Sydney, Australia!
Loud Noise Trigger?
May 22nd, 2010 at 1:05am

Am I the only one whose CH's are triggered by loud noise?

I've got some of the common triggers - alcohol, certain times of the day and of course the random ones that occur for no reason.

At the very start of a cycle, I could be drinking at a bar without problems until the band fires up. The combination of two triggers will then set off a headache. Mid-cycle, turning up to a concert will easily trigger a headache without alcohol.

I'm thinking of keeping some disposable foam earplugs in my cluster kit - I can already imagine the funny looks that I'll get when I tell people it's for preventing headaches. Smiley

Now trying a beer test - fingers crossed.

IP Logged

-johnny-
CH.com Sponsor

theres no smoking on the
dock

fayette county ohio
Re: Loud Noise Trigger?
Reply #1 - May 22nd, 2010 at 3:51am

you know loud noise never bothered me. seems like i could run a 90# jack hammer all day long, breath the dust and never get hit. 20 minutes into my ride home i'd get hit.

i don't think it the noise of the bar so much as it is the beer. when you were at the bar/club were you dancing and being active or just sitting there drinking a beer?

for me physical activity keeps my attacks at bay. when i sit down and relax, thats when i get hit.
« Last Edit: May 22nd, 2010 at 3:55am by -johnny- »  

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

ClusterHK
CH.com Junior

Ouch!

Reply #2 - May 22nd, 2010 at 4:52am

Noise alone will trigger it. At the height of the cycle, even being in a noisy Chinese restaurant will trigger.

IP Logged

FramCire
CH.com Alumnus

Life like a froward child
must be humored a little

Bolivar, MO USA
Reply #3 - May 22nd, 2010 at 9:38am

It's funny.  Loud noise helps me when I get a headache.  It doesn't make it better, per se, but helps it from getting worse.

You've overstayed your welcome since the day we met but it doesn't seem to matter to you.  No medications are your master, nothing makes you fret, it's a helpless feeling having nothing I can do

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #4 - May 22nd, 2010 at 10:18am

Triggers...definitely one of the more individualized  aspects of the beast! Loud noises have never been an issue for me. Physical activity used to work as a prevent for me but now I've had to start carrying Trex on my longer rides as I've gotten hit twice will bicycle riding!

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #5 - May 22nd, 2010 at 3:17pm

Maybe it was the MSG in the Chinese restaurant....

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

-johnny-
CH.com Sponsor

theres no smoking on the
dock

fayette county ohio
Reply #6 - May 22nd, 2010 at 4:31pm

Brew wrote on May 22nd, 2010 at 3:17pm:
Maybe it was the MSG in the Chinese restaurant....

i was gonna say. MSGs will set your a blaze too

IP Logged

ClusterHK
CH.com Junior

Ouch!

Reply #7 - May 22nd, 2010 at 11:31pm

Fortunately MSG isn't a trigger for me... living in Hong Kong would be a deathtrap!   Shocked

Yeah, definitely noise - I've spent a day in the countryside away from car fumes and alcohol and other characteristics of urban life, only to have an attack start as soon as a concert started.

Perhaps I'm the first clusterhead with this peculiar trigger.  Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!