Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Physiology of pandiculation? (Yawn/stretch) (Read 2365 times)
mikey-de
CH.com Junior

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x1|Courtenay|Canada|canada|50|361|BC,British_Columbia
Physiology of pandiculation? (Yawn/stretch)
May 20th, 2010 at 5:27pm

Hello everyone,

Its been some time since I've been to the board to post anything, but I may have stubled across something of interest to us all that might merit further study.

Since its been several years, I though I might start out with a bit of history and bring you all up to date on my Rx-free treatment regimen that works for me most of the time. I stopped taking prescription meds in 2005-06 because I was sick of being a guinea pig for Big Pharma.

My primary abortive treatment is medical O2, my prophylaxis is shrooms. I have been in cycle for 13 weeks and so must be near the end of my cycle, they come in like a lamb and go out like a fire breathing dragon at the end...so right now I'm a hurtin' unit. Have had lots of problems this cycle with funding for the O2 so have had to go without when I can't get to the hospital (got lots of shrooms though). Shrooms gave me almost 3 consecutive pain free weeks this cycle.

O2 is a godsend, but it doesn't work well unless I'm doing full exhale and full inhale (with no room O2)...it usually works within 20 lung-fulls of med-O2.

What I have noticed with my O2 treatments is that if I do my first 10-15 breaths sitting and then lie down I get the urge to stretch and yawn (pandiculation) and within 30 seconds of the pandiculation my CH is absolutely GONE! Also I have noticed that when I am dosing on the mushrooms, I also yawn waaayyy more than usual and almost never have a CH while dosing shrooms.

So the question I pose to you all is this...
What is the mechanism of pandiculation and why does it work to abort a CH so quickly?
Has anyone else experienced this? Have you noticed this before? It has to be the genuine urge to yawn and stretch, it cannot be forced...lol...believe me I've tried and it doesn't work. I have had little luck with finding much information on this, so I ask that you maybe look around and see what you all can find in this regard...I also ask that you take note of when you are aborting with the O2 if you pandiculate and then time how long it takes for your HA to go away.

I appreciate all feedback in regards to this...anyways...off to the chiro for a thoracic adjustment and maybe a pop on the ol' atlas...I am quite out of whack right now and am looking forward to hearing from all of you about this.

Food for thought.

Mushrooms and O2. lotsa O2.&&Avatar from wiki&&Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Re: Physiology of pandiculation? (Yawn/stretch)
Reply #1 - May 20th, 2010 at 8:09pm

Interesting question. I get the yawns really bad when an attack is coming on. I feel like if I could fill my lungs full enough I could avert the attack. Never works that way but it's funny that's frequently my bodies first response.

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

shaggyparasol
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Portland, OR
Reply #2 - May 21st, 2010 at 2:19am

I'm with Joe.  Lots of yawns when it's inbound.

I'm interested in the mushroom regimen.  You had plenty but couldn't abort the cycle?  Size and frequency of doses??  Care to lay it out there for us.  There has been so much positive commentary on the busting methods, I am curious to hear of the ones that didn't work.  Especially if they were per the standard cluster buster protocol (and yes, I know nothing is 100%, just want more info please Tongue). 

--Shaggy Angry
« Last Edit: May 21st, 2010 at 2:19am by shaggyparasol »  

IP Logged

black
CH.com Old Timer

I Love CH.com!

Greece,Athens
Reply #3 - May 21st, 2010 at 8:37am

well not always but sometimes on an incoming attack i get the yawn too(no shrooms or O2 using)
here is some interesting reading for yawn(not the most scientific one but anyway)

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

i think its our way expressing to the beast
we are very bored for him to come again Cheesy Grin

Oh come on!it's just water.It can't be that bad!

IP Logged

mikey-de
CH.com Junior

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #4 - May 21st, 2010 at 11:06am

The yawn/stretch doesn't "always" happen for me, but when it does, the HA is gone within a minute...I've never noticed it without O2 or shrooms. I don't recall yawns ever setting them off for me.

Shaggy - I have no set dosage or schedule to the shroom dosing. I typically will take 1/4-1/2gram, usually in the evening or right before bed when it won't interrupt my daily functioning for work or if I will be interacting with other people. Can you give me a few links to abortive techniques using shroomies, please?

I've never had a cycle abort with shroom usage, but I have had some nice long PF periods during cycle (I had a 3 week break, and a few 3-5 day breaks in this cycle).

Had 4 HA's last nite all aborted with O2 in 5-15 min, 2 ending with pandiculation.

It seems that there may be some similarities between yawn/stretch & water x 3 inthat both seem to cause that  feeling as though my internal pressure is out of whack for a moment causing some sort of resetting of the internal pressure regulating system? Kind of hard to describe, but I'm sure you get it. Water x 3 doesn't work very often for me unless I drink more than 4-6 8 ounce cups non-stop which in itself can be uncomfortable...as well as I gotta keep getting up all nite to pee! lol
Some things that seem to work for me (even if only occasionaly) involve this system of autonomic internal pressure regulation. Is the hypothalamus involved with this regulatory system?
there is a common denomintor here somewhere, this is what we need to find...I think...lol...I hope.

Is there anything that works for any of you that does not involve prescriptions? Please let me know so I can integrate these with my experiments and research.

Thanks allaya!

mikey-de

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register scientist.jpg (Attachment deleted)

Mushrooms and O2. lotsa O2.&&Avatar from wiki&&Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

shaggyparasol
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Portland, OR
Reply #5 - May 21st, 2010 at 12:41pm

Mikey-de what up?  Dude (yea I said it) check out the Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register if you haven't yet.  All things fungal, seeds etc. 

People are using more in the 1-2.5g doses with some of the hardcore chronics bumping up even more.  Read up over there.  I would suggest (if you're up for suggestions) that you take a 6 hour chunk of time and take a dose. 

Couple caveats:  if there is a reason not to, then don't.  ie psilocybes are not recommended for certain people and conditions/disorders, covered on the site.  Also you are well into your cycle and it could end soon or another month or more, so some of this info is for the next time.

For next time, dose during your shadow period.  The week or so before your cycle starts, when you feel the pressure in your head, but not the full blown attack.  A week or so of these usually means brace for the attack.  Of course for you it means counter-attack! by taking a light dose.  Before the cycle starts it doesn't take that much to break it.

Beware of busting your cycle: the next cycle can come back a month or 2 later or any other random time.  It is my theory that once we start medicating the CH does strange stuff.  The pharmaceutical takers have said similar things too (not all, but some). 

Once the cycle starts it takes a lot to break it.  3 fairly big doses last time for me, 5-7 days apart.  Anywho, check out what has worked for others and adjust good sir! Cheesy

--Shaggy

IP Logged

-johnny-
CH.com Sponsor

theres no smoking on the
dock

fayette county ohio
Reply #6 - May 21st, 2010 at 8:08pm

speaking of yawning i thought this was interesting.Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

man o2 with shrooms or seeds has got to be better on your body than experimenting with all the Rx drugs and it seems more effective. if you don't like to trip the seeds are a good option. either way its all natural.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

mikey-de
CH.com Junior

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #7 - May 22nd, 2010 at 11:33am

Thank you Shaggy, johnny and Dallas for the good info! I will do a 1.5g dose today and get into the garden and do some bedding out plants and giggle for awhile...lol

Been getting hit lots the last few nights...5 last nite..all aborted with O2 within 10 minutes after waking up with a knife in my neck and the beast pushing my eye out from behind.

its true, seems easier to knock out with shrooms early in the cycle with smaller doses....I can even have beers...and I sure do love a cold one or 6 after a long day of work! heh heh

Thanks again for the links and the info and inbox messages! We gonna get this beastly batsnerd eventually...its up to us to find the "cure" since the medical system is a frickin' joke. How can mushroom be schedule 1 (ie. no medicinal value as a drug) when it is so effective in treating the most painful condition known to humans??? To make it illegal is tantamount to torture for all of us. We might as well be in Guantanamo getting waterboarded...which might even be preferable to what we get...lol

Cheers to you all!
PF wishes from Vancouver Island Canada!

Mikey-de

IP Logged

mikey-de
CH.com Junior

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #8 - May 22nd, 2010 at 2:31pm

Ok, here we go!!!

Measured off 1.1 on the triple beam.

Made lots of coffee.

Mikey-de has left the building to do battle with the beast! Smiley  Wish me luck! I wish you all luck too...and if there is ANYTHING I can do to help you, inbox me...I'll be back later this evening to check up on ya!...hehehe[smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]

Thanks for the cheers and info!Smiley

PF wishes and hugs Smiley for all....woow...everything is so beautiful Smiley!! lol

Cheesy Cya soon!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!