Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
No More Chicken Soup! (Read 401 times)
wimsey1
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

MA
No More Chicken Soup!
May 19th, 2010 at 8:16am

I thought I'd take a shot at starting this thread and see where it goes. CHs come with so many frustrations its difficult to say which is more annoying, but at the top of my list are the "well wishers" who just have to tell us about their newest idea on what is wrong with us and how to fix it. It's like gramma's chicken soup-does the trick for lunch but isn't a cure-all.  The flip side of this are the supporters and loved ones who really want to support and love but aren't sure what to do. So...this list.

I've come up with a list of things I do want from those closest to me:

1.  Take a little time and read this website; I am neither crazy nor suffering from a hangnail.
2.  Assist me with abortives when the pain is too great for me to be able to think straight.
3.  Shield me from "unwanted" outside contacts who may not like my "dance with the beast."
4.  Remind and encourage me to continuously evaluate the preventatives I am taking, and to seek out other, better ways to deal with this.
5.  Talk to me; don't let me sink into a black hole pity party which so easily comes.

Curious if others have something similar to this list?  To be quite honest, our loved ones really do want to help. Being helpful, however, can be very frustrating if it isn't immediately helpful. Blessings!

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Re: No More Chicken Soup!
Reply #1 - May 19th, 2010 at 8:28am

Lance,

You left out one of the more important things folks closest to you can do...  Like... "Hey dummy, get on the oxygen, you're getting hit."

Most of the close supporters can spot a CH coming long before you will.  Listen to them.

Take care,

V/R, Batch

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!