Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Despair (Read 6794 times)
George
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Black-Billed Magpie

Boise, Idaho USA
Re: Despair
Reply #25 - May 20th, 2010 at 1:25am

Well, you're not the first newbie (oops, sorry) we've had who wants to move the furniture around and change the wallpaper, first thing.

Most of the people here are a lot more interested in trying to help than they are in offering sympathy.  I've been over this thread several times, and that's all I can see here.  People trying to help--after you expressed your frustration and despair.  Pity you don't see it that way.

I wish you good luck, and best wishes,

George    

"Whoever loveth me, loveth my hound."  (Thomas More, author of "Utopia", and Chancellor of England.  1477-1535)
WWW George jacox6820 7165032563  
IP Logged

bonkers
CH.com Old Timer

What is THIS?

San Diego, California
Reply #26 - May 20th, 2010 at 5:03am

My understanding is that this is a forum for the sharing of information about cluster headaches; how and why we get them and what the current science is as to their resolution. Our new Shakespearean friend apparently knows all that and is instead looking for a shoulder to cry on; someone who understands his plight and the depth of his suffering. Well, I've got news for him. This isn't a tea party where everyone sits around with rheumy eyes, patting each others shoulders and saying how sorry we are for each others sad states of affairs. Most people here are in the same f*cking boat and some of their boats are sinking a lot faster than his.

Like most any human being who isn't totally self-obsessed, if I see someone drowning, I reach in and pull him out of the water. I don't ask why he's drowning or if he'd like someone else to save him; how much he knows about others who have drowned or even if he knows how to swim. I don't even offer him sympathy. I just pull him out of the water. His history and the specifics of his particular circumstance don't really matter until the immediate problem of his life or death has been resolved. Iago wasn't clear why he came here - even to himself. He came off like he had reached the end of his rope; that he was drowning and asking for help. I read all the posts. No one asked anything of him. No one forced anything on him. Everyone was just trying to pull him out of the water, offering suggestions about things that he didn't mention having tried, that had worked for them. Having cluster headaches isn't the worst of his problems.

Iago, if you happen to come back and read this, please know that I sincerely hope that you find your way out of this Hell, and soon. There are many of us there with you, also looking for a way out. We only differ from you in feeling that by sharing what we've learned with each other we can find our way out faster. If you ever decide to return, you'll be welcomed and you'll find us eager to share what we've learned with you.

Excessive sorrow laughs. Excessive joy weeps.
  -Blake

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #27 - May 20th, 2010 at 7:27am

I think I'm gonna cry.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

deltadarlin
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Downsville LA
Reply #28 - May 20th, 2010 at 8:04am

Offers brew a kleenex.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #29 - May 20th, 2010 at 8:19am

[Sniff...sniff] Thanks, sister.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

anthony g
CH.com Old Timer

I Love CH.com!

manhattan nyc
Reply #30 - May 20th, 2010 at 8:23am

AMEN! Brew i hate it when u have sniffles Grin Cheesy

IP Logged

FramCire
CH.com Alumnus

Life like a froward child
must be humored a little

Bolivar, MO USA
Reply #31 - May 20th, 2010 at 5:23pm

Iago:  Bottom line is that you don't know what you want (you said that).  Chances are no matter what people posted, you were going to bite back.  That is what happens to a lot of CHers when the pain gets us to a certain point.

You can take advice 1 of 2 way from this point forward:

1.  You can look at it all, see if there are news things that can help you with your suffering, whether medicine or other things.  Take the information and maybe get some relief.  Take the rest of the support that comes with it.  Life for you gets no worse and possibly much better.  In this scenario, you post more and read more andbecome part of this crazy family and maybe find some real people to give you want you  NEED.

2.  You keep fighting and arguing and get nothing from your posting (or you storm away).  A "whoa is me" thread of pure support aint gonna help you in any way.  Leaving will give you the same NOTHING.

Your call.  Grab an oar and join the crew, fight everyone, or walk.  Good luck any way you choose.

You've overstayed your welcome since the day we met but it doesn't seem to matter to you.  No medications are your master, nothing makes you fret, it's a helpless feeling having nothing I can do

IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Reply #32 - May 20th, 2010 at 6:25pm

What Jimi said.  I wish I had CH for 28 years and was episodic!  That would give me bout 6 years of my life back, and I'm grateful for all the advice I can get here.  If Iago doesn't want it he doesn't have to take it.  The same door he came in will get him back out.  I hope he will stay, but if he does he will need a serious attitude adjustment.

Jerry

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end." Texas A&M Student (unknown)
Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #33 - May 20th, 2010 at 8:06pm

Damnit Bonkers.......I have never heard it said that perfectly clear. Well done sir.

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

mikey-de
CH.com Junior

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x1|Courtenay|Canada|canada|50|361|BC,British_Columbia
Reply #34 - May 20th, 2010 at 8:22pm

I guess its time for me to throw out a long overdue thanks to all the people who have offered advice on their experiences and what has worked for them...

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU ALL !!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks to you people, I have been treating my CH's for 5+ years now with absolutely ZERO prescriptions, I only use O2 for abortive and mushrooms for prophylaxis! I discovered that I can abort 95% of my HA's with 6-10LPM O2 putting the end of the hose in my mouth (I have a thick beard and non-rebreather doesnt work for me) and letting the tank inflate my lungs. The most important tip I got was from a nice lady named Roxy who informed me that it is most important to force all air out of the lungs and breathe in until completely full and repeating. I use the lower flow rate because I find it forces me to relax (is that irony or oxymoron? hehehe) and concentrate on my breathing and not the pain. And of course Jhonny mule(not here anymore?) suggesting the shrooms for a preventative.

I live on Vancouver Island, so shrooms are not hard to find...I guess I'm lucky that way.

Iago, I realize this group can seem adversarial on certain subjects, but generally are just as miserable with the CH beastly condition as you are, we all go there...but we dont all make it through...I hope you can make it through this very difficult time, I know what you are going through...I am episodic and in week 13, I am near the end and can barely wait for my remission - CH'ing out for 18 years and deperately seeking resolve to this condition that we suffer from. This is the only place I can go where people understand...I have no one near me that has this that I can talk to about it...and none of these not a very nice person doctors take my pain seriously...makes me wanna choke their dumb asses sometimes.
There is good information, good people and good intentions galore on this site...even if you only lurk and read without posting...you will NEVER find a better place with as much information dedicated to our condition.

Good luck and I hope you find resolve wherever you may find it...and if you do find something good, please come back and let us know too...we will ALL appreciate it!

Once again, thanks to ALL of your for you ideas and your support...you have saved my life!!

Best regards,
Mikey-de

Mushrooms and O2. lotsa O2.&&Avatar from wiki&&Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

-johnny-
CH.com Sponsor

theres no smoking on the
dock

fayette county ohio
Reply #35 - May 21st, 2010 at 12:59am

mikey-de wrote on May 20th, 2010 at 8:22pm:
Thanks to you people, I have been treating my CH's for 5+ years now with absolutely ZERO prescriptions, I only use O2 for abortive and mushrooms for prophylaxis! I discovered that I can abort 95% of my HA's with 6-10LPM O2 putting the end of the hose in my mouth (I have a thick beard and non-rebreather doesnt work for me) and letting the tank inflate my lungs.

thats what i do. i don't have a big grizzly beard, i just stand to have anything touch my face. one option you can use if you have a beard or a sensitive face is this Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
this mouth piece allows you to use a reclaimer bag.

the mushrooms seem to have less side effects and they don't tear up your insides. like mikey-de said.  if it weren't for this site would have never connected with mr. Wold nor would i have a place to discuss ideas. i believe mushrooms and o2 work the best for treating this ailment and i would have never learned about this from a doctor. + i'm not dependent on a bunch of expensive drugs that may or may not work.

thanks for the post mikey-de Smiley

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

mikey-de
CH.com Junior

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x1|Courtenay|Canada|canada|50|361|BC,British_Columbia
Reply #36 - May 21st, 2010 at 1:33am

Johnny said:
Quote:
the mushrooms seem to have less side effects and they don't tear up your insides.

I much prefer the side-effects of the shrooms...matter of fact...I quite enjoy the side-effects...heh heh Smiley as well as enjoying the pf time during and after dosing! Grin

Sooooo...frigging woohoo!! I just got my new M tank!!! yeeeehawww!!! no more trips to the hospital so no more of the same crap with different damned fools. Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

I'm stoked AND stocked...figgers, almost done this cycle...lol

PF wishes to you all!

mikey-de

Mushrooms and O2. lotsa O2.&&Avatar from wiki&&Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

-johnny-
CH.com Sponsor

theres no smoking on the
dock

fayette county ohio
Reply #37 - May 21st, 2010 at 2:36am

hell yeah.

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #38 - May 21st, 2010 at 9:18am

mikey-de - could you do us a favor and go in and update your "User CP" to reduce or eliminate the line that shows where you're from? it crosses over into the body of each of your posts and obliterates the first few words of one of the lines. look above if you don't see what i'm talking about. thanks.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!