Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
And so the experiment begins (Read 17765 times)
davidj35
CH.com Veteran

02 is my best friend

x0|LaGrange|USA||0|0|NY,New_York
Re: And so the experiment begins
Reply #75 - Jun 11th, 2010 at 10:30pm

Two down, Mets and Stankees, now time for team USA to step up.

David Ellicott  
IP Logged

Chad
CH.com Hall of Famer

Emmaus, PA
Reply #76 - Jun 12th, 2010 at 8:14am

I'm ready for the US vs. England game. 
Soccer/football is my top sport.

When the PAIN starts, I FIGHT back!

Rivea Corymbosa seeds were my KO punch, now D3 is the front runner!

IP Logged

bcsanders
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Reply #77 - Jun 12th, 2010 at 10:38am

David,

Glad to see you are getting some relief.  I hope it lasts.  Keep up the fight.

Brett C.

IP Logged

davidj35
CH.com Veteran

02 is my best friend

Reply #78 - Jun 12th, 2010 at 10:40am

Chad,

Gee I couldn't have guessed that from your Man U logo LOL. Hopefully a good match today, a tie would be just fine by me.

David Ellicott  
IP Logged

davidj35
CH.com Veteran

02 is my best friend

Reply #79 - Jun 13th, 2010 at 11:41pm

Post dose 5 update and then I will be quiet for a little while. Friday was my second pain free day that week, it was so perfect I went and played golf again while my "cocktail" was home soaking waiting for our 10pm rendezvous. Pretty much the same reaction to the cocktail as the previous 4 times, some lightheadedness and a little tingling but no visions or visits from guides like other therapies I have read about  . I got hit three times on Saturday, all 1 to 3s and all 3 took awhile with 02 to abort. This seems to be kind of standard that the day after the dose I get more attacks and they are harder to abort but if you look back to my first day after dose #1 what a difference in kip level, frequency and duration. Today has been great, one minor attack this afternoon that I decided to try powdered ginger as an abortive because I love experimenting on myself so much LOL. I followed the directions on the Ginger post on this site and I have to say that it worked just fine for a low level attack. I still prefer 02 but to know this is out there for those times you can't get to 02 and you are not in mid-cycle was worth the experiment, the more bullets we have the better. I am going to make up a little in a water bottle and carry it in my car with me and I also bought some ginger cookies, why the hell not. I am done dosing, I am going to let this run it's course and see if the cycle gets completely broken. If nothing else I have greatly reduced both frequency and pain level of the attacks as well as enhancing the viability of 02 (and using a hell of a lot less of it). Thank you to all who have been reading this and especially thank you to all that have posted words of encouragement and advise. I am not going to post daily results again for a little bit, as I said I am going to let it run it's course and see what is what in a week or so. This past month has been an amazing experience, I have never met a more caring, selfless, and dedicated group of people, it has almost made it worthwhile to be dealing with these things (again almost). Pain Free Days and Nights to all.

David       Smiley Smiley Smiley

David Ellicott  
IP Logged

Chad
CH.com Hall of Famer

Emmaus, PA
Reply #80 - Jun 14th, 2010 at 7:21am

All good news David.  Well the US did the best I could expect as well, a 1-1 tie against the English.  You're results with the seeds are dead on.  I took my second dose Friday night and got hit several times (3x) on Saturday which was easily aborted with my O2.  I guzzled a Monster after the O2  to seal it only during the morning hit.  Yesterday (Sunday) I had one week hit around 6:30 am easily aborted again with O2 for about 3 minutes, but stayed on the tank addition 7 to make it 10 minutes.  I'm sure it would have developed to a K6 or higher, but the sooner you get on O2, the better.  I had no more hits for the rest of the day and none through the night.  This cycle has been bizarre, but very week and I give credit to the rc seeds without a doubt.  You got to take a couple dandy hits after dosing to get success.
I'm getting more O2 today as back-up.  I will dose again tomorrow night to hopefully end this very short cycle.  Luckily, my cycles have been getting shorter and shorter after using this alternative therapy. 

Wish you all PF days!!!

Chad

GO USA!!!

IP Logged

birdman
CH.com Old Timer

Will try anything once!

x0|staten island|USA||0|0|NY,New_York
Reply #81 - Jun 14th, 2010 at 8:06am

Best of luck to you and wishes for many pain free days ahead!!!!

IP Logged

1961mom
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Eugene, Or
Reply #82 - Jun 16th, 2010 at 12:56am

My husband is at Wrigley Field tonight trying to watch a near rained out game in 83 degree weather & 90% humidity!

Just thought I'd chime in on the baseball chat too!

Thinking about you all tonight (and hoping your dosing is going well Tim)

Thanking the Airline Industry for my borrowed quote
"Put your Oxygen mask on first, then assist others"
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/profile.php?ref  
IP Logged

davidj35
CH.com Veteran

02 is my best friend

Reply #83 - Jun 18th, 2010 at 11:39am

I really don't know what to say at this point other than this really works!!!! I have been pain free all week, a little twinge, a little shadow here and there and I have not had to touch my 02 all week. The BIG test was passed with flying colors Wednesday night, red wine with dinner, 14 year old Oban single Malt Scotch after dinner. Since I haven't had a drink in almost two months it hit me like a ton of bricks, but NO CLUSTER ATTACK! No post night out attacks, went to a networking event last night and had a couple of rum and diets (didn't want a repeat of the previous night so I took it easy) and again NO CLUSTERS!!!! I truly believe I am in remission but as we all know the beast can do many strange things and attack when we least expect it. I will post once in awhile here just to keep this updated. I am going to begin maintenance dosing in a few weeks so any input on timing and how much would be greatly appreciated. This wasn't easy but I will tell anyone considering it, it was worth it. My cycles normally last up to 18 MONTHS with 4 to 8 full blown attacks a day and my experiment started only a little over 4 weeks ago, so I figure I cut out 16 months of my cycle and averaging 6 attacks a day that translates into about 3000 attacks I won't get, not to mention the money I am saving on oxygen, Imitrex, and energy drinks.Thank you again to all for your support and advice, you folks and this site have helped give me a large portion of my life back and hope for the future.

David Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

David Ellicott  
IP Logged

Chad
CH.com Hall of Famer

Emmaus, PA
Reply #84 - Jun 18th, 2010 at 12:18pm

Abosolutely fantastic news David!  I am SOOOOO happy for you Smiley

Now, get on with your life and enjoy it to the fullest.  Maybe your Mets will land Cliff Lee, a pitcher I wish the Phillies would have kept Sad

Awesome, Awesome, Awesome news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IP Logged

Potter
CH.com Alumnus

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky
Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

Blgs.Mt.
Reply #85 - Jun 18th, 2010 at 6:53pm

It's that damned M_ts hat. Try wearin a Yankees hat for awhile.  I'm bettin yer head would appreciate it.

Potter

IP Logged

bcsanders
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Reply #86 - Jun 18th, 2010 at 9:42pm

Good luck David.

I hope the pain free days stay with you. 

Brett C.

IP Logged

chwife
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Medina, OH
Reply #87 - Jun 20th, 2010 at 9:24pm

David, This is such good news.  I will be watching very closely to see how you are doing.  I am overjoyed that you have found something that works for you!!!  My hope is that soon everyone will find something that works this well.
Lynn

IP Logged

birdman
CH.com Old Timer

Will try anything once!

x0|staten island|USA||0|0|NY,New_York
Reply #88 - Jun 21st, 2010 at 8:57am

Love a good success story.  Congrats David and keep up the positive vibes!

IP Logged

davidj35
CH.com Veteran

02 is my best friend

Reply #89 - Jun 25th, 2010 at 1:49pm

It has been a week since my last post so I figured an update was in order. Great week overall, still getting twinges and shadows but I did not have to use any 02............... till last night. I had my first full attack in two weeks at about 7:30 last night up to a 4Kip aborted with 02. Today has been better however, no shadows and only a twinge or two here and there. Since I haven't dosed in two weeks I figure a maintenance dose is in order so I ground up some little guys (around 40) this morning and they have been home soaking away till I see them tonight. I am a little concerned about post dose hits and also that maybe the "remission" hasn't fully taken. I will post over the weekend with my results. Wishing all PF Days and nights.

David

PS: Changed my picture for you Potter, I hope you like the new one LOL

David Ellicott  
IP Logged

davidj35
CH.com Veteran

02 is my best friend

Reply #90 - Jun 28th, 2010 at 12:00pm

Friday night dose update. Very interesting weekend, after my attack Thursday night. I decided to dose again after two weeks Friday night, because of that attack as well as a Friday evening one. I had very similar results following the dose as my previous ones, a Saturday afternoon full blown attack which I aborted with 02 as well as my usual post dose "normal" slamming headache all day. Sunday dawned bright and clear with no shadows or twinges so I decided to play some golf in the late afternoon and I stayed attack free through out. At the end of the round I decided to continue to experiment on myself and try to see if a beer or two would trigger an attack (#1 trigger for me). No attack at all just a minor shadow that came and went, so I feel I am heading back in the right direction. These last two weeks however are making me rethink my Cluster status, am I borderline chronic? I have extremely long cycles (up to 18 months) with 8 to 10 attacks a day that will switch sides of my face 8-9 months in before I go into remission for the next 18 months. What makes me question episodic vs chronic the most however is that during my remission times I am never completely PF, I get low level shadows and twinges pretty much daily but never a full blown attack. So now I am wonder if like Bonkers son Michael (only not to his extreme) do I need to keep dosing every two weeks or so to keep the beast at bay, am I chronic? If any one else has similar experiences or thoughts please let me know, all advice other than doing head stands is appreciated. Wish all PF Days and Nights.

David

David Ellicott  
IP Logged

Potter
CH.com Alumnus

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky
Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

Blgs.Mt.
Reply #91 - Jun 28th, 2010 at 12:15pm

I like the hat better. Wouldn't you just kill for a subway series?

Potter

IP Logged

davidj35
CH.com Veteran

02 is my best friend

Reply #92 - Jun 28th, 2010 at 12:31pm

Potter,

Absolutely!!

David Ellicott  
IP Logged

Chronic
CH.com Junior

Reply #93 - Jun 28th, 2010 at 4:40pm

davidj35 wrote on Jun 28th, 2010 at 12:00pm:
Friday night dose update. Very interesting weekend, after my attack Thursday night. I decided to dose again after two weeks Friday night, because of that attack as well as a Friday evening one. I had very similar results following the dose as my previous ones, a Saturday afternoon full blown attack which I aborted with 02 as well as my usual post dose "normal" slamming headache all day. Sunday dawned bright and clear with no shadows or twinges so I decided to play some golf in the late afternoon and I stayed attack free through out. At the end of the round I decided to continue to experiment on myself and try to see if a beer or two would trigger an attack (#1 trigger for me). No attack at all just a minor shadow that came and went, so I feel I am heading back in the right direction. These last two weeks however are making me rethink my Cluster status, am I borderline chronic? I have extremely long cycles (up to 18 months) with 8 to 10 attacks a day that will switch sides of my face 8-9 months in before I go into remission for the next 18 months. What makes me question episodic vs chronic the most however is that during my remission times I am never completely PF, I get low level shadows and twinges pretty much daily but never a full blown attack. So now I am wonder if like Bonkers son Michael (only not to his extreme) do I need to keep dosing every two weeks or so to keep the beast at bay, am I chronic? If any one else has similar experiences or thoughts please let me know, all advice other than doing head stands is appreciated. Wish all PF Days and Nights.

David

My cycles are similar.  I'm 40 now, but I first started getting CHs when I was 18.  I was typical episodic, but over the years, my cycles got longer and longer.  My last cycle was for about 24 months, then I went in remission for about 16 months, now I'm back in for 7.

I also usually switch sides at a point during the cycle.  During the 24 month one, it was about half-way through...however, for this one, I switched about 3 months in.

My attacks can come as frequently as yours, but I have had some varying success with Verapamil, Nerve Blocks and IV DHE.

I'm not sure if I can answer your question, but if you are never truly pain free, it does sound like you are at least progressing towards chronic.  Even though technically they state if you have CHs for 12 months straight w/o remission you are, I currently don't consider myself chronic (even though when I created this account I thought I was).  I do go into remission.

I've been reading up on your posts and following your experiences,  I just ordered RC seeds and am going to give them a try...thanks for keeping us updated.

Chronic

IP Logged

jayhedges
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Reply #94 - Jun 28th, 2010 at 5:42pm

Chronic, I'm planning on dosing with Shrooms this weekend after detoxing all week. Have my regiment ready and planned out. O2 is aborting now but I'm trying bust the cycle. I understand seeds are legal. Where can I read about them and where do you buy them.

IP Logged

wimsey1
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

MA
Reply #95 - Jun 28th, 2010 at 7:26pm

David, this has been an amazing read-kinda like a Ludlum or Clancy thriller. OK, maybe not that edge of the seat, but I mean it-fan*****tastic! Like you, I've found some relief for the past 5 weeks. They're not gone, but I do sleep (sleep so rocks!) and easily controlled with Monster and O2. My prayers are with you, man...and for everyone who is still dancin'.  lance

IP Logged

davidj35
CH.com Veteran

02 is my best friend

Reply #96 - Jun 28th, 2010 at 10:30pm

[quote author=3F21253B2D3179480 link=1274212863/95#95 date=1277767591]David, this has been an amazing read-kinda like a Ludlum or Clancy thriller.

LMAO Lance
Grin Grin Grin
David

David Ellicott  
IP Logged

davidj35
CH.com Veteran

02 is my best friend

Reply #97 - Jun 30th, 2010 at 12:11am

Chronic,

Thanks for your response, let me know how the seeds work for you and PM me if you have any questions.

David

David Ellicott  
IP Logged

davidj35
CH.com Veteran

02 is my best friend

Reply #98 - Jul 1st, 2010 at 4:08pm

Well I have to say I am a bit discouraged today. Three days in a row with single hits of 4k plus at varying times of day (just finished getting off the 02 5 minutes ago). My last (6th) dose was Friday June 25th. I haven't read any threads about this many doses with seeds before the bust takes full force so I feel like I am in uncharted territory (please chime in if it has taken this many for someone reading this). I am going to go ahead and prepare a dose tomorrow morning and see what happens  during the day and evening before making a decision on when or if to take it. Trying to locate some Fun Guy (pun intended Bob and Bobb) to see if that does the trick if necessary. PF days and nights to all.

David     Sad Sad

David Ellicott  
IP Logged

davidj35
CH.com Veteran

02 is my best friend

Reply #99 - Jul 1st, 2010 at 10:28pm

Well the verdict is in, even though it has only been a week since dose 6 I am doing another tomorrow night. I just got off the 02 with my first multiple hit day in weeks. I am still very very much behind this therapy as my normal day would be 8 to 10 hard hits while in mid-cycle so this is working. I guess I got kind of spoiled having those wonderful Pain Free Two weeks. As I have preached now to many others starting this treatment, Patience and Persistence is the key time for me to start practicing what I preach. Happy Independence Day weekend (kinda ironic for us if you get my drift) and wishing PFDANs to all.

David

David Ellicott  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!