Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print
And so the experiment begins (Read 17746 times)
davidj35
CH.com Veteran

02 is my best friend

x0|LaGrange|USA||0|0|NY,New_York
Re: And so the experiment begins
Reply #25 - May 26th, 2010 at 2:45pm

Birdman,

I will have an extra e tank regulator in a day or so, goes to 15 lpm. Let me know if you are still having trouble getting the right one and I will overnight it to you as soon as my new one arrives. Glad to hear you are hanging in there.

David

David Ellicott  
IP Logged

birdman
CH.com Old Timer

Will try anything once!

x0|staten island|USA||0|0|NY,New_York
Reply #26 - May 26th, 2010 at 2:58pm

This is why we CH'ers rule, we care!!!  Be more then happy to save some money.  Please let me know when you receive your new one.
Thanks!!!!!! Smiley

IP Logged

QnHeartMM
CH.com Sponsor

I AM a Phoenix!

San Diego, CA
Reply #27 - May 26th, 2010 at 8:37pm

I am fascinated by this - thank you for the journal, will be watching for more.

Wishing you PF days and nights, and some peace too.

Christy

Treat people with kind words.

IP Logged

Potter
CH.com Alumnus

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky
Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

Blgs.Mt.
Reply #28 - May 26th, 2010 at 9:49pm

davidj35 wrote on May 26th, 2010 at 2:45pm:
Birdman,

I will have an extra e tank regulator in a day or so, goes to 15 lpm. Let me know if you are still having trouble getting the right one and I will overnight it to you as soon as my new one arrives. Glad to hear you are hanging in there.

David

Good on you.

Potter

IP Logged

davidj35
CH.com Veteran

02 is my best friend

Reply #29 - May 26th, 2010 at 11:47pm

As the various snake oil salesman say on our message board.....I have found the cure for cluster headaches!!! It is the Mets taking four in a row from the Yankees and the Phillies and I feel great. Okay all kidding aside the day was good and the night has been even better. A small hit around 1pm easily aborted, a little stronger hit around 2:25 a little harder to get rid of but nothing major. No hits again till a little after 5pm and then a small one again easily aborted with 02 and then the final one at 6:45 again a little 02 and gone. The rest of the night was a twinge, a shadow, etc nothing to get on the 02 about. Actually I think the most pain I have been in today is from a horribly stiff neck which I have read on other peoples posts is a common side effect from the RC seeds. You have to understand that even though I am episodic my cycles ramp up very fast and stay with me for up to 14 months, even switching sides of my face as winter approaches. This cycle began about 3 and a 1/2 weeks ago and normally I would be getting hit a least 4 times a day up to 8 or more. I don't want to get to exited yet but it has been 5 days since my last dose and the last three have been better than the one before. I am scheduled to dose tomorrow night, I am going to grind 60 and soak them about 14 hours and drink my "cocktail" just before bed (after I do my evening post, I would hate to read what I might write if I did it the other way). I am very curious to see if the 3rd dose creates the bad attacks that I had after the first two, nothing like experimenting on ones self. That's it for tonight I hope you all have a pain free night and a great day tomorrow.

David   Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

PS: Birdman I got my new one, I will ship you out my extra tomorrow.

David Ellicott  
IP Logged

birdman
CH.com Old Timer

Will try anything once!

Reply #30 - May 27th, 2010 at 8:01am

How awesome are your results?  Glad to see such positive outlook as well.  And of course, extremely grateful for the regulator.  It will be a godsend.  Keep dosing and keep posting!!!

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #31 - May 27th, 2010 at 8:06am

I can tell you this much - whenever the Yankees lose, Potter's world makes a little less sense.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

davidj35
CH.com Veteran

02 is my best friend

Reply #32 - May 27th, 2010 at 10:19am

Don't want to tick off Potter LOL

David Ellicott  
IP Logged

davidj35
CH.com Veteran

02 is my best friend

Reply #33 - May 27th, 2010 at 10:09pm

One of these days I am going to learn not to f*&k with the devil. Started day 6 of post dose 2 with a very minor attack at 8am that was easily aborted with my trusty 02. I then proceeded to work on preparing my "cocktail" for dose 3 tonight. As I promised I am writing this prior to the dose because who the heck knows what might have come out of my typing fingers if I did this post my dose. I tried my new seed grinder and it did not work, I think these seeds are just too damn hard for it, I also had no success with the pepper mill so I used my coffee grinder again to chop 60 little guys. They have been soaking in water and lemon for over 12 hours and I am sure it is going to taste oh so good LOL. As to my opening line after my little hit this morning I attended another networking event that was to end at 1:30. I started feeling the beast lurking as the meeting was getting close to ending but I decided I could make it till the end since the last few days have gone so well. And I say again when am I going to learn. I waited to long to get to the 02 and by the time I got to my car and got on the 02 I was already ramped up to a 5 and going to a 9 fast. You know the rest, took 30 minutes and most of an e to get rid of it, is it just me or are most cluster heads stubborn? Anyway the rest of the day was okay, a few minor and medium hits, and one around 7pm that took awhile to abort but never got above a 2.5 Kip. Well, I am looking at a disgusting looking glass of brown water with things laying at the bottom of it and it is waiting for me to come drink it. If in the long run this works I don't think I will call it disgusting looking ever again. PF night to all, and I will see you tomorrow night with my post dose results.

David

David Ellicott  
IP Logged

djphrenzy
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Reply #34 - May 27th, 2010 at 10:45pm

Good luck and godspeed, sir.   Smiley

IP Logged

birdman
CH.com Old Timer

Will try anything once!

Reply #35 - May 28th, 2010 at 8:45am

Hope your cocktail was successful.  I am sending out positive vibes hoping you/we have pf days ahead.

IP Logged

davidj35
CH.com Veteran

02 is my best friend

Reply #36 - May 28th, 2010 at 10:54pm

This one will be a short post (for once). Unlike my last two post dose days of pain and suffering this day has been great. Minor attacks off and on from 2pm on but really nothing much to speak of. 02 handled everything that came at me pretty quickly. I don't want to get a ahead of myself so all I am going to say for now is I am very encouraged. Have a great and PF night.

David Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

David Ellicott  
IP Logged

Melissa
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give up!

Central WI, USA
Reply #37 - May 29th, 2010 at 12:01am

Sounds good. Smiley

Diseases can be our spiritual flat tires - disruptions in our lives that seem to be disasters at the time but end by redirecting our lives in a meaningful way.  ~Bernie S. Siegel
https://www.facebook.com/mellymoo92  
IP Logged

1961mom
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Eugene, Or
Reply #38 - May 29th, 2010 at 2:49pm

I too am so PSYCHED for you David!

It's so nice to read about your success.  The temptation to speed the process up (life without CH attacks is a blissful and imaginable truth now) is just "Proof" of the changes you "know" to be going on inside your newly "reset" hypothalamus disguising itself as "impatience"!!!!!   LOL

Enjoy the Memorial Day weekend Smiley

Cindy Cool

Thanking the Airline Industry for my borrowed quote
"Put your Oxygen mask on first, then assist others"
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/profile.php?ref  
IP Logged

Potter
CH.com Alumnus

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky
Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

Blgs.Mt.
Reply #39 - May 29th, 2010 at 4:23pm

davidj35 wrote on May 27th, 2010 at 10:19am:
Don't want to tick off Potter LOL

That's a M_ ts hat.

Potter

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #40 - May 29th, 2010 at 4:39pm

Potter wrote on May 29th, 2010 at 4:23pm:
That's a M_ ts hat.

Potter

The very same M_ts that, after one of the best pitching duels I've seen in a long time, gave up the ghost in the 9th last night.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

davidj35
CH.com Veteran

02 is my best friend

Reply #41 - May 29th, 2010 at 11:26pm

Yes the last two nights the Mets haven't helped my ch's, but at least they didn't blow a six run lead today. LOL

David Ellicott  
IP Logged

davidj35
CH.com Veteran

02 is my best friend

Reply #42 - May 29th, 2010 at 11:39pm

Another short post, another encouraging day. Three attacks in all, none bad and all easily aborted with my new optimask and regulator. I don't want to jinx anything so I am not going to say anymore, we shall see what tomorrow brings. Pain free wishes to all.

David Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

David Ellicott  
IP Logged

davidj35
CH.com Veteran

02 is my best friend

Reply #43 - May 30th, 2010 at 11:43pm

Three straight good post dose days, minor hits and very little 02 needed. It isn't quite remission but it is beginning to feel like it does when I am cycling out. I am so hopeful that this is successful, not just for me but for our whole community. It could be another example of alternative "medicine" working for what ails us. Maybe if this continues to work and others are inspired to try it with good results the powers that be will take a little more notice. Have a Happy and pain free Memorial Day and remember those who have made the ultimate  sacrifice for our country.

David

David Ellicott  
IP Logged

1961mom
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Eugene, Or
Reply #44 - May 31st, 2010 at 1:55am

Amen!

Happy to hear it feels like the downside of a cycle for you David Cool

Thanking the Airline Industry for my borrowed quote
"Put your Oxygen mask on first, then assist others"
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/profile.php?ref  
IP Logged

birdman
CH.com Old Timer

Will try anything once!

Reply #45 - May 31st, 2010 at 11:26am

First off, thanks a mil for the regulator, been a life saver this weekend already.  Secondly, happy you are getting positive reults.  Hope they continue and please keep us posted.  I must admit that I am very jealous.

IP Logged

davidj35
CH.com Veteran

02 is my best friend

Reply #46 - May 31st, 2010 at 11:29am

Birdman,

Now that you have 02 and correct regulator or you going to begin a detox and give the alt therapy a try? Hope you have a great and PF day today.

David

David Ellicott  
IP Logged

birdman
CH.com Old Timer

Will try anything once!

Reply #47 - May 31st, 2010 at 11:38am

I have fought through it the last three days,  no trex since Friday at 9:00.  Wednesday night I am gonna hit it again.  Haven't had sleep in too long.  Can't get more then two or three hours at a clip.  Melatonin not helping.  Trying to stay the fight but it is getting hard.  02 has been good but not perfect.  Had some k7-8 at least twice a day slip past the 02.

IP Logged

davidj35
CH.com Veteran

02 is my best friend

Reply #48 - May 31st, 2010 at 1:17pm

Birdman,

Sorry to here that, I hate when they get past the 02, it's almost like they take revenge for the other aborts. Good luck on the detox, I know it is hard in the short term but by the 3rd dose you really see a difference. I will post tonight on day 4 of post dose, and we shall see how it goes.

David

David Ellicott  
IP Logged

davidj35
CH.com Veteran

02 is my best friend

Reply #49 - May 31st, 2010 at 10:14pm

Day 4 of post dose: a little tougher but after reading birdmans post I am not complaining. A few more hits and a little harder to abort but again very manageable. I am planning my 4th and final (?) dose for Wednesday night which will be a full week in between. If anyone reading this had done this before please let me know if I should stop after 4 or if I am still getting attacks should I keep going? I hope everyone had a peaceful and pain free Memorial Day.

David

PS: Birdman PM me if you want to talk, I will send you my phone #.

David Ellicott  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!