Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print
And so the experiment begins (Read 17673 times)
davidj35
CH.com Veteran

02 is my best friend

x0|LaGrange|USA||0|0|NY,New_York
And so the experiment begins
May 18th, 2010 at 4:01pm

First I want to say thank you before hand to all of the people (too many to name) who have given me advice on RC Seeds. The detox is over, 5 days no imitrex, the 02 is in place, the red bulls are in the fridge and the seeds are crushed and soaking, zero hour is 5:30pm est. I am starting with 25 seeds since I have seen so many different amounts. I figured that was a little on the bold side without getting crazy. For people thinking of trying this I will keep posting my results whether positive or not till all of my seeds are gone or I achieve remission which will then be shouted from the roof tops (first thing would be a beer). Thanks again to all who answered my posts from Australia, the UK, and the USA; what a fantastic support group we have here. I hope to have good news over the next few days/weeks.

David

David Ellicott  
IP Logged

Jimi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Don't feed the moderators

Madisonville, KY
Re: And so the experiment begins
Reply #1 - May 18th, 2010 at 4:19pm

So do I. Keep us posted.

I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/ Hendrix1473  
IP Logged

davidj35
CH.com Veteran

02 is my best friend

Reply #2 - May 19th, 2010 at 2:22pm

A little mid day update to my experiment. Had a good night, got attacked about 7:30pm prior to drinking the mixture. I was pain free the rest of the night and through the early morning. Got an attack at 10:30am (which is an odd time for me) while driving so by the time I got to my 02 it peaked out around a 6 or a 7 and took 15 minutes at 12 lpm with a little 15 thrown in to abort. Drank a red bull at 11:30 prior to a lunch appointment, then two diet cokes during lunch praying the beast would be held at bay. So far so good at 2:15pm est, no shadows or attacks since this morning, however I am bouncing off my freakin walls from all of the caffeine. Tonight is a big test and I will be posting an update after my networking event tonight. PFD's to all reading this.

David

David Ellicott  
IP Logged

Chad
CH.com Hall of Famer

Emmaus, PA
Reply #3 - May 19th, 2010 at 3:47pm

This is a great start David.  If you continue to get hit, use that energy drinks and O2 to abort as much as possible (I know I already told you that).  Dose again in 3-5 days using a higher dosage (whatever you're comfortable with).  If your hits are out of whack, that could be a sign that the seeds are doing something.
Eventually you'll know your body and how to manage it with seeds and the rest of your arsenal.  Keep up the journal as you go.
I'm excited to hear your results.

PF wishes!

Chad

When the PAIN starts, I FIGHT back!

Rivea Corymbosa seeds were my KO punch, now D3 is the front runner!

IP Logged

davidj35
CH.com Veteran

02 is my best friend

Reply #4 - May 19th, 2010 at 10:19pm

Let me start this with the word encouraging. Just finished aborting my second hit of the day no worse than 3k and using 02 only. That was almost 12 hours between hits with no shadows and no imitrex. I had a 4pm meeting so at 3:30 I drank a red bull to be safe and hope that would hold me till after the meeting. The meeting was followed by a networking event (hard to be sober surrounded by people that aren't really sucks LOL) which went from 5:30 till 9:00 armed with nothing more than a prayer that I wouldn't have to run out to my car for 02 and many diet cokes (thought the caffeine might help as well). Made it home with no shadows or hits till getting attacked at 9:55 and aborted within 7 minutes(no red bull way to wired as it is from the 2 earlier today and the mass quantities of diet coke).  That's it for tonight I am very hopeful at this stage and I am already planning my Sunday night dose (thanks for the pepper mill idea form my other post) going to go to 40, soak for 12 hours and maybe use wine instead of water that time. I hope I am not getting to detailed in the post but I feel my success's and missteps may help others. Wishing all a PF night and we shall see what my sleep time brings.

David

David Ellicott  
IP Logged

Melissa
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give up!

Central WI, USA
Reply #5 - May 20th, 2010 at 7:31am

Just my own opinion, but maybe just soak in the water again since you're already upping the dose?  Might not want to go all gung ho soaking in wine if you don't have to, especially now that you're going from a soak time of 2.5hrs to 12 hrs.

Anyway, it seems to be doing something to the CH's for you.  I'm following this because I'll be trying the seeds again come late August.

Good luck!

Diseases can be our spiritual flat tires - disruptions in our lives that seem to be disasters at the time but end by redirecting our lives in a meaningful way.  ~Bernie S. Siegel
https://www.facebook.com/mellymoo92  
IP Logged

davidj35
CH.com Veteran

02 is my best friend

Reply #6 - May 20th, 2010 at 9:23am

Thanks Melissa, I actually ended up doing a 6 hour soak after a few messages from people advising that. I am still up in the air on the whole wine thing so if anyone wants to chime in please feel free. I will be posting an update later today on my night after my last post and today.

PFD to all
David

David Ellicott  
IP Logged

fightguy
CH.com Junior

Mesa, Arizona
Reply #7 - May 20th, 2010 at 12:26pm

Good luck! I have had amazing success with HBWR seeds, so hopefully the RC seeds work just as well for you!

WWW 1775274236  
IP Logged

davidj35
CH.com Veteran

02 is my best friend

Reply #8 - May 20th, 2010 at 11:18pm

Here is my latest update since my last one at 10:20pm last night. Got hit at about 11:30 just as I went to bed, it got up to about a 6k and took twenty minutes on the 02 to abort. Fell asleep after 12 and was awoken at 1:10am by another hit, however it never got over a 2k and was aborted with 02 in about 6 minutes. Now the better news, was pain free from the time I awoke till 8:30 tonight. Had a shadow at about 10:30am, thought I was getting hit and drank a red bull then waited....... nothing. Shadow went away and I went about my day. Had another event to attend in the afternoon had a red bull just in case (2 a day is my limit) drank a few diet cokes and just a shadow or two but nothing developed. Got home and got my first  hit of the day at 8:30pm, kip3 took 6 minutes to abort with 02, got hit again at ten, again 02 abort in 7 minutes. I am not sure how much the red bull and the caffeine in the cokes is helping prevent hits along with the rc seeds, but I have to say I am extremely encouraged. I get between 4 to 8 attacks a day when in cycle starting at mid-afternoon and through 3am so I am very happy to have gotten through two separate days with attacks at minimum 12 hours apart, how freakin cool is that? Wishing all many PFDs, talk to you tomorrow.

David

David Ellicott  
IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #9 - May 21st, 2010 at 9:50am

That's great news! Hoping this is the beginnning of the end to the beasts reign this round!

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Chad
CH.com Hall of Famer

Emmaus, PA
Reply #10 - May 21st, 2010 at 2:19pm

David, you should post this journal on the Clusterbuster board if you haven't already.  There are some experts over there with great ideas.  Keep the journal going here though because i'm following this.  There is nothing better than reading success stories.

When the PAIN starts, I FIGHT back!

Rivea Corymbosa seeds were my KO punch, now D3 is the front runner!

IP Logged

1961mom
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Eugene, Or
Reply #11 - May 21st, 2010 at 8:57pm

I'm hooked!  Keep posting and keep busting. 

This is most likely my next move...and I find your personal journal very encouraging. 

1961mom

Thanking the Airline Industry for my borrowed quote
"Put your Oxygen mask on first, then assist others"
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/profile.php?ref  
IP Logged

davidj35
CH.com Veteran

02 is my best friend

Reply #12 - May 21st, 2010 at 11:26pm

Well I guess the best thing to do is to start with the good news first. Last night after my last post I got hit at 11:30pm, only a 2.5k and aborted in 7 minutes. Slept through the night (yea) and woke up feeling great. Went to work and stayed away from the red bull till a shadow around 2:30 which never amounted to anything. I came home early to help my wife as our daughter was getting ready for the prom and her date and his parents were coming here for pictures at 5PM. Got absolutely slammed at 4:10 7k hit that took 25 minutes at 15 lpm to abort. I had to beg off driving my beautiful daughter and her date to the rendezvous of the party bus so my wife went without me to take more pictures. Started getting shadows and twinges around 6:40 and then got hammered again at 7:10 8k with running nose, tearing eye the whole gamut, took almost a half hour of 15 lpm to abort and it felt like the peak would never end. I finally relented and had a red bull at 8pm as I only have 2 e tanks for the weekend like an idiot as my m tank is out for a refill and since I am due for my next dose soon I have to stay away from the imitrex. Since the red bull two small hits an hour apart and both were easily aborted with 02 at 12 lpm. I am afraid to go to sleep tonight to be honest with you. It has been a little over three days since the initial dose and I was hoping to do my next Sunday night. Instead I crushed 40 RCs tonight to soak for 12 hours and I will be dosing tomorrow late morning. I know a lot of people out there would be happy with only two major hits that they could abort with 02 so I am not crying over it merely chronicling (hate to use any part of the word chronic in a sentence) my experience, though I am pissed off at the dirty bastard for making me miss part of my daughters evening. I am still very encouraged by my experiment and I am looking forward to my "cocktail" tomorrow. I wish you all a pain free night and weekend and my prayers to birdman on his trip out of state today. I hope he is well. See you tomorrow night.

David

David Ellicott  
IP Logged

davidj35
CH.com Veteran

02 is my best friend

Reply #13 - May 22nd, 2010 at 11:59am

Quick morning update before the dose, I actually slept from 2am till 9am with only a minor 5am phantom hit (woke up felt something jumped 02 gone in seconds). The reason I was up so late....... prom night waiting for my daughter to get home, safely arrived  at 1:20am

David Ellicott  
IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #14 - May 22nd, 2010 at 1:37pm

Can't your oxygen supply house just swap a full one for an empty? I'd certainly ask....

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

davidj35
CH.com Veteran

02 is my best friend

Reply #15 - May 22nd, 2010 at 2:11pm

They had none, all were out with patients. I will get my M back on Tursday and I have 1 and 3/4 full Es and 1 full D so I think I should be okay till I can get some more Es on Monday. Thanks

David Ellicott  
IP Logged

birdman
CH.com Old Timer

Will try anything once!

x0|staten island|USA||0|0|NY,New_York
Reply #16 - May 22nd, 2010 at 4:44pm

Thanks for the well wishes!  Things are actully better then I thought.  Only two zomig nasal sprays so far.  Red bulls for everything else.  Hope your cocktail has some great results for you.  Sadly, I cant wait to get home as the o2 was delivered in my absence.  Let us know how everything goes!  Even out of state I am thinking and praying for all of us.

IP Logged

davidj35
CH.com Veteran

02 is my best friend

Reply #17 - May 22nd, 2010 at 11:16pm

Well here is my Saturday wrap up ,and it has had some good and not so good  so far. Had a good morning and drank my "cocktail" at around 11am after an overnight soak of about 14 hours. Some reaction to it, kinda of giddy and some words came out funny. Those effects wore off after a few hours and had a normal (or abnormal since no hits all afternoon) afternoon and dinner. Had my first hit at 6:30 no worse than 2.5k and 02 for about 8 minutes did the trick at 15lpm, same at 7:50 then 9:03 came, though the hit only got to a 4k it took 15 minutes at 15lpm to abort. To finish off the evening before my post I just finished a lovely 8k hit that took over 25 minutes to abort and my night is not over. I would like to know if maybe I dosed too soon (today is day 4) or soaked them too long. Any opinions of those who have come before me down this road are greatly appreciated. Wishing you all a pain free Sunday and to birdman a safe and pain free trip home to his 02 .

David

David Ellicott  
IP Logged

davidj35
CH.com Veteran

02 is my best friend

Reply #18 - May 24th, 2010 at 12:08am

Warning to any one reading this. it may be a little long. To paraphrase the Grateful Dead "what a long strange trip today has been". If you have been reading this journal you know I did my second dose yesterday and had some issues. Well one thing I am learning fast is that dosing changes your attack times and sometimes the strength for both the good and bad. I  usually get my attacks starting in the afternoon through the night so when a friend invited me to play golf at 7:15 this morning I guessed I should be fine. Normally when I know I can't get to my 02 for awhile I will take a 50mg imitrex pill as a preventive and I KNOW I am good for a few hours and that I can take another if I am going to be away from the 02 a little longer. Of course I got an attack on the 18th hole on the golf course ( had a chance at a 39 on the back 9 for any golfers out there) and by the time I got to my car and my tank it was already a kip 4, needless to say I blew through an entire E tank, maxing out at around a kip 9 for a lovely 30 minutes or so. Being as I only had 1 E tank left at home I called the emergency # for my 02 company and they sent somebody to their facility to meet me where I was able to pick up 3 E tanks (God bless them). I continued to have small hits throughout the early afternoon till 2:00 when again I got hammered. This one I got to the tank quickly but it still ramped up and would not abort. I got as close to a 10 as I have been since using 02 with the moaning and rocking etc, you know the drill. It aborted after blowing through most of another E tank at about 2:35. I got another hit at 3:15 , but not horrible and it continued that way till 6:30 every hour on the hour at about kip 5 and a 15 minute abort. At this point I want to insert a quote my wife gave me after watching me go through this all day. "Suffering produces endurance, endurance produces character, character produces hope and hope does not dissapoint us". Now I think that anyone who has suffered through what we do has had enough of suffering that we have character by the boat load. However the final line is really my point. Since 6:30 pretty much nothing, a twinge here a shadow there. So while I was in the middle of this day questioning my decision to try this and give up my imitrex etc I now have hope again. Well tomorrow is another day as my adventure in cluster-busting continues. Hope everyone has a pain free week and I will talk to you tomorrow night.

David

David Ellicott  
IP Logged

neuropath
CH.com Veteran

Same Hit, Different Day

Reply #19 - May 24th, 2010 at 9:20am

Dear David,

Am going through precisely the same situation. Took my second shrooms dose 2 days ago to bust a chronic CH and things are out of control and very rough. Am being hit all over the place and completely random.

O2 doesn't seem to work right now and I am consuming more oxygen than most commercial greenhouses produce, to little avail.

The temptation of popping a triptan for a few hours peace is enormous but I am hanging in there, knowing that what is happening to us may be a good sign.

I am keeping my fingers crossed for you and hope that you have seen the worst of it.

IP Logged

davidj35
CH.com Veteran

02 is my best friend

Reply #20 - May 25th, 2010 at 12:17am

Well here we go with my before bed nightly post. I had to wait till my daughter finished her chemistry homework to get on the computer, kinda of ironic that it was chemistry keeping me from posting. Similar to my first go round with dosing the second full day has been encouraging. My hits went back to their normal times but were mostly mild and easily aborted with 02. I never touched a red bull today since I have been having trouble sleeping with all of those wonderful ingredients coursing through my veins. The only hit of any significance was a kip 4 at 6:23 that took 17 minutes to abort but after yesterdays merry go round I will take it. Just out of curiosity does anyone else get a feeling of wellness and joy about 20 seconds before the pain snaps shut? I find this happens at times and I know before the pain ends that I am only moments away. When this occurs the pain just snaps off like shutting off a light (this happened on the 6:23 hit and has happened before). Other times the pain subsides slowly and lingers for a few minutes before ebbing away. Though that has nothing to do with my adventure in cluster-busting I was just curious. My hope is I get a few days like today and I can hold off till Thursday night before doing round 3. I haven't decided on a dose yet but again any one who has gone before me please chime in with your opinion. So far I have done 25, hand crushed with a rolling pin, and 40 ground up in my coffee grinder. For round 3 I have invested in a an electric seed mill for flax and sesame seeds (if they only knew) which has to be better than the other two ways. I had also purchased a pepper mill but when I saw this I HAD TO HAVE IT. As to the advise to try shrooms (post from clusterbusters.com) I would love to and we certainly have plenty of cow pastures where I live but I would not know what the heck to pick and would probably poison myself which would definitely end my cycle but the stopping breathing side effect forever would kind of suck LOL. That's it for tonight, I hope everyone has a great nights sleep and and great day tomorrow.  Smiley

David Ellicott  
IP Logged

George
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Black-Billed Magpie

Boise, Idaho USA
Reply #21 - May 25th, 2010 at 12:30am

davidj35 wrote on May 25th, 2010 at 12:17am:
I would love to and we certainly have plenty of cow pastures where I live but I would not know what the heck to pick and would probably poison myself which would definitely end my cycle but the stopping breathing side effect forever would kind of suck LOL.

A person could conceivably do what the mycologists do, and use a key:

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Just sayin'.   Wink

Best,

George
« Last Edit: May 25th, 2010 at 12:32am by George »  

"Whoever loveth me, loveth my hound."  (Thomas More, author of "Utopia", and Chancellor of England.  1477-1535)
WWW George jacox6820 7165032563  
IP Logged

davidj35
CH.com Veteran

02 is my best friend

Reply #22 - May 25th, 2010 at 9:02am

Quick post-script to my post last night, I forgot to mention that Sunday Night I did not have any nocturnal hits and ditto for last night.    Smiley

David Ellicott  
IP Logged

davidj35
CH.com Veteran

02 is my best friend

Reply #23 - May 25th, 2010 at 11:05pm

Tuesday night at 10:45 and I have to say overall an extremely good day. Started getting hit at about 1:15pm but was able to abort in just 7 minutes. The day continued like that, hits every hour (you could have almost set a clock by them) but each one easily aborted except my 6:30 hit which was my fault. I had just finished cooking dinner and was sitting down with my wife and daughter to eat when I could feel the bastard creeping up. I wanted so badly to have dinner with them instead of running to the 02 I tried to tough it out and of course the beast would have none of it. Nothing horrible just a 5 but it took me 15 minutes to get rid of it, I guess I was a little spoiled by all of my 5 minute aborts all day LOL. The rest of the night was good, I got to watch my Mets thrash the Phillies and I was able to actually watch the game while using the 02 which in itself is highly encouraging. Like most everyone else I usually need to sit in a dark room with solitude and concentrate on my breathing. Not tonight, just sat there and watched the game with mask on, 02 at a nice low 12 lpm and abort in 5 minutes. At this rate I am bound and determined to not dose again till Thursday night before bed, that will give me 6 days between doses and a nice long weekend to deal with any post dose major attacks. I am hoping the streak of no nocturnal attacks continues tonight and I wish you all a pain free night and day .

David     Smiley

David Ellicott  
IP Logged

birdman
CH.com Old Timer

Will try anything once!

x0|staten island|USA||0|0|NY,New_York
Reply #24 - May 26th, 2010 at 1:09pm

Hey David!  So psyched that you are having success.  Thanks again for the well wishes while I was out of state.  It was interesting to say the least but nothing worse then a K4.  Came to an oxygen tank but the wrong type regulator.  Hope to be getting the right one tonight, or else I am just gonna buy one.  I cant dose till Saturday, but am following this thread closely.  Good luck!!!!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!