Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
And so the experiment begins (Read 17719 times)
davidj35
CH.com Veteran

02 is my best friend

x0|LaGrange|USA||0|0|NY,New_York
Re: And so the experiment begins
Reply #100 - Jul 6th, 2010 at 11:35am

Sorry that I haven't updated since my evening of magic but I was away for part of the weekend and I wanted to see how I was after a few full days. Friday night my first time with the fungi was interesting to say the least. I had two great conversations with mad6string and 1961mom helping me along with recipes and support. I ended up combining two different tea recipes and the effect was interesting to say the least. I brought 1 cup of water to s simmer and then threw the fungi in for a few minutes while it was still on the heat, I then added a good amount of lemon juice, removed the whole thing from the stove and poured it straight into a coffee cup, cover that with aluminum foil and let it seep for 15 minutes. I drank the tea and ate the fungi, which with the lemon juice was not bad at all. The effect was less than recreational but Definitely stronger than the seeds, but no guided needed. My balance was way off, and things looked a little brighter and I was a "bit" giggly, but no "tripping". Overall not a bad experience. One minor post dose hit about 2am, then another at 4pm on Saturday. Sunday was completely Pain free   till 2am again with a minor hit easily aborted. The only attack of significance happened around 5pm yesterday and I think part of the reason it was fairly strong is I fell asleep (naps are big triggers for me) and when it woke me up it was at a 4k before I could get to my 02 but it stayed there till I knocked it out. I am going to try to stretch the time out between doses and see where that leads. I hope everyone had a good holiday weekend (at least  us living in the States) and I will post again in a few days. Thanks Donnie, Denny, Tim, and Cindy for your help on Friday I can't tell you how much your support means and Cindy you are strong, hang in there and don't beat yourself up you had no choice. You are in my prayers,

David

David Ellicott  
IP Logged

davidj35
CH.com Veteran

02 is my best friend

Reply #101 - Jul 9th, 2010 at 1:19pm

Quick update before the weekend as I take another step. The week has been a 90% success, very minor hits every other day aborted easily with 02 and my normal shadows and twinges which I can live with. I have gotten two differing opinions from multiple people on when to dose again. My last dose and first with fungi was last Friday night. I have stretched my doses out as long as two weeks plus but I am going to go for the knockout punch tonight. I feel the switch from seeds to the magic has been effective and I want to see if I can end it here and now as I have been busting for two months or so . I am going with the same recipe and timing and we shall see what we shall see (double meaning LOL). I have additional medicine on the way in case I need to continue, but with the way I have felt this week I think the end of this cycle is very near. I will probably post Sunday night or so with some results. Pain free weekend to all.

David Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley
« Last Edit: Jul 9th, 2010 at 4:00pm by davidj35 »  
David Ellicott  
IP Logged

Jimi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Don't feed the moderators

Madisonville, KY
Reply #102 - Jul 9th, 2010 at 3:44pm

Great news David. Keep us posted. Smiley

I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/ Hendrix1473  
IP Logged

alleyoop
CH.com Hall of Famer

Am I self-centered or
is it just me?

Hiawassee, GA USA
Reply #103 - Jul 9th, 2010 at 8:34pm

Good luck David!!!

I know that the Good Lord won't put any more on you than you can stand, but sometimes I wish He weren't quite so PROUD of ME!
alleyoop_49  
IP Logged

davidj35
CH.com Veteran

02 is my best friend

Reply #104 - Jul 11th, 2010 at 11:11pm

So here we go and nothing earth shattering as far as the dose effects Friday night. I made tea out of about 1.5 grams, same recipe as before, a hybrid of two of them. The effect was pretty mild, no Jim Morrison sightings and no guide needed. Light headed and rubbery legged and definitely below the recreational stage, but very pleasant. I had a post dose hit at 2am and then another at 6am, both were fairly hard hits due to the fact I was sleeping and didn't get to the 02 till the pain was enough to wake me, however the 02 aborted it fairly quickly. I got hit again at about 3pm Saturday, again aborted pretty quick with the 02, and that was it for 24 hours, no more hits, slept through the night and woke up shadow free. I had a mild hit today around 4pm, 02 kicked it's butt and that has been it. Some shadows and twinges but no other attacks. I have had a strange sharp pain off and on all day on the OTHER side of my face and eye area, no clue what that could mean. I am not really sure what my next step is going to be, the fact I am not completley pain free after 7 doses poses the question if this is as good as it is going to get until I cycle out? I am not complaining, this is a huge positive as I am usually an 8-10 attacks a day kind of guy and my cycles go for a year or longer, and 1 a day is pretty damn cool and I can live with it. Or do I keep at the dosing for a while longer and see if I can get a complete bust out of this? I should be resupplied next week so any of you long timers please chime in, your advice would be greatly appreciated as always. Oh and the Mets won today so that was a positive as well, all you Georgia folk you still got 2 out off 3 Smiley. PFD and Nights to all.

David

Smiley Smiley Smiley

David Ellicott  
IP Logged

davidj35
CH.com Veteran

02 is my best friend

Reply #105 - Jul 14th, 2010 at 4:08pm

Pain free days are gone, I got hit a 11pm last night, not to bad and just came off a bitching kip 6 hit. I keep reading how people have busted after 2 or 3 doses and I have done 7 so I am starting to think that this may be as good as it gets. Don't get me wrong, if that is the case I am still way better off than I was when I started this 2 months ago, I am just resigning myself to the fact that in MY case this may be only 85% effective. Since my cycles last linger than most people I may fall under the chronic category at least for the difficulty in busting. I am going to try to hold off on dosing again till I start getting multiple hit days and see where that gets me.

David Undecided

David Ellicott  
IP Logged

davidj35
CH.com Veteran

02 is my best friend

Reply #106 - Jul 23rd, 2010 at 11:56am

Quick update. Did a small RC seed dose on the 14th, had a small afternoon hit on the 15th and have been PF since!!!! I hope it holds this time. Wishimg all PF dats and nights.

David Smiley Smiley Smiley

David Ellicott  
IP Logged

bejeeber
CH.com Hall of Famer

Gnashville
Reply #107 - Jul 23rd, 2010 at 5:46pm

That's about 7 days PF - awesome!  Smiley Smiley

CH according to Bejeeber:

Strictly relying on doctors for CH treatment is often a prescription that will keep you in a whole lot of PAIN. Doctors are WAY behind in many respects, and they are usually completely unaware of the benefits of high flow 100% O2.

There are lots of effective treatments documented at this site. Take matters into your own hands, learn as much as you can here and at clusterbusters.com, put it into practice, then tell this CH beast Jeebs said hello right before you bash him so hard with a swift uppercut knockout punch that his stupid horns go flinging right off.
bejeeber bejeeber Enter your address line 1 here  
IP Logged

bonkers
CH.com Old Timer

What is THIS?

San Diego, California
Reply #108 - Jul 23rd, 2010 at 9:43pm

Good for you David! 7 days PF is a milestone along the way to hopefully longer and longer periods as the beast weakens. Michael has yet to extend his PF time past 3 or 4 days and he's been at it for several months now. Don't be disappointed that it's taking longer than you had hoped. Look where you were 3 months ago.

Excessive sorrow laughs. Excessive joy weeps.
  -Blake

IP Logged

davidj35
CH.com Veteran

02 is my best friend

Reply #109 - Aug 1st, 2010 at 3:41pm

Still pf and loving my new life, thanks Cluster Busters.

Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

David Ellicott  
IP Logged

davidj35
CH.com Veteran

02 is my best friend

Reply #110 - Aug 4th, 2010 at 2:36pm

Another milestone, passed my beer test after golf (went easy on it however) no shadows no twinges. Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley I am now 3 weeks completely pain free, no drugs, no surgery. My normal cycle can go for 16 to 18 months so I figure I just saved myself about 13 months of hits at around 8 a day which works out to 3120 attacks prevented if my remission holds. For those of you willing to try it, Alt therapy can be a godsend.

David Smiley Smiley Smiley

David Ellicott  
IP Logged

Chad
CH.com Hall of Famer

Emmaus, PA
Reply #111 - Aug 4th, 2010 at 2:47pm

FANTASTIC news David!  You did everything by the book and doing a journal should help others coordinate
their busting plan.  I wish you many, many months/years of PF time.  Now, if only your Mets could get their act together Wink

When the PAIN starts, I FIGHT back!

Rivea Corymbosa seeds were my KO punch, now D3 is the front runner!

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #112 - Aug 4th, 2010 at 2:49pm

WOW!!!!!! Lord knows we love our success stories around here. Enjoy the hell outta all your pain free time! Wink

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!