Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
returning memember (Read 592 times)
glen jenkins
CH.com Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x1|miramichi|Canada|canada|465|314|NB,New_Brunswick
returning memember
May 12th, 2010 at 7:58am

good day ,i`m a 46 yr old male sufferer of ch for the better part of 20 yrs,going nearly 6 yrs before dianosed.although i have possible gotten a break from them, first having them every 8 months apart at roughly 30 hours intervals to 18months apart and every 48 hrs intervals..so i say thats a relief .this cycle doesn`t seem as intense as others have been but maybe i just don`t recall them as its been nearly 2yrs since my last cycle..i`m sure i`ll dance with the beast and he`ll certainly lead
so to all my ch suffers keep the faith and hoping many many pfd`s to you all . god bless

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register n841460386_1624.jpg (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

ClusterSteve35
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Re: returning memember
Reply #1 - May 12th, 2010 at 12:24pm

Hey glen,
     I'm a 17 year sufferer myself..  Right Now I'm at the beginning/middle of my cluster period.  I'm still running around to doctors looking for effective (and hopefully safe) treatment.  Trying to get a script for 02 today..  6:30am this mornng my head was exploding.  Maxalt seems to shorten its duration, but it takes too  long to work.
Oh well, we keep fightin'
Stay strong, bro....

-Steve-

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #2 - May 12th, 2010 at 12:30pm

Hey Glen, what are you doing to treat your attacks? Do you have a decent prevent medication, Verapamil, Topomax, Lithium etc? Do you have oxygen? The 02 is proving a miracle abortive for many, definitely worth a try. If you have not tried energy drinks yet, any containing caffeine and taurine, many are having luck with aborting or at least reducing attacks with those.

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

bejeeber
CH.com Hall of Famer

Gnashville
Reply #3 - May 12th, 2010 at 4:00pm

Hey Glen,

If you're certain you'll dance with the beast, I have to wonder if there are still may be some more things you can find out about here to throw at said beast.

After getting a bunch of critical info and advice here I tend to be hopeful that I won't dance with the beast - at least not for a full length/full blown hit. I've gone through 2 episodes now where this has been the case. [Disclaimer]: It did take some real scrambilng, vigilance, assistance from others, and plain old good fortune to achieve this though...

« Last Edit: May 12th, 2010 at 5:12pm by bejeeber »  

CH according to Bejeeber:

Strictly relying on doctors for CH treatment is often a prescription that will keep you in a whole lot of PAIN. Doctors are WAY behind in many respects, and they are usually completely unaware of the benefits of high flow 100% O2.

There are lots of effective treatments documented at this site. Take matters into your own hands, learn as much as you can here and at clusterbusters.com, put it into practice, then tell this CH beast Jeebs said hello right before you bash him so hard with a swift uppercut knockout punch that his stupid horns go flinging right off.
bejeeber bejeeber Enter your address line 1 here  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!