Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Hello fellow sufferers (Read 1408 times)
tidnee
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Hello fellow sufferers
May 11th, 2010 at 6:51pm

I am sadly one of those that has cluster headache/migraines as well. I'm currently having a headache that has lasted three weeks.
I am so glad to know there is somewhere to find support for this. Some people just do not understand unless you have it. Undecided

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Re: Hello fellow sufferers
Reply #1 - May 11th, 2010 at 7:29pm

We have a couple of your brothers/sisters in pain on this board who have the dual diagnosis of CH and Migrains. I thank my lucky stars I'm not one of them as either is a big enough millstone around a persons neck!

When you get a chance, give us a rundown of what you use for your CH. Maybe we can throw an idea or two your way. Do you have oxygen yet? A real life saver for a rapidly growing number of us.
Glad you found us! Smiley

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

bejeeber
CH.com Hall of Famer

Gnashville
Reply #2 - May 11th, 2010 at 9:58pm

What Joe said.  Smiley

CH according to Bejeeber:

Strictly relying on doctors for CH treatment is often a prescription that will keep you in a whole lot of PAIN. Doctors are WAY behind in many respects, and they are usually completely unaware of the benefits of high flow 100% O2.

There are lots of effective treatments documented at this site. Take matters into your own hands, learn as much as you can here and at clusterbusters.com, put it into practice, then tell this CH beast Jeebs said hello right before you bash him so hard with a swift uppercut knockout punch that his stupid horns go flinging right off.
bejeeber bejeeber Enter your address line 1 here  
IP Logged

Erin
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #3 - May 13th, 2010 at 8:29pm

I tried to explain these Cluster Headaches to friends and they all looked on my like I was not even on this planet...It's hard, there is a letter I believe I found it on this board, that explained it to where my friends could understand....instead of them saying oh booohooo she has a headache, they said HOLY CRAP....how can we help! 

Can someone point tidnee to the letter?? I will look for it too, when I found it was in the middle of a cycle so I am not completely sure where it saw it... Smiley  All I can say to you Tidnee, is the advice I received when I first joined here was absolutely life saving!  The information given to me from these kind people is priceless....and easy to understand.... so don't be afraid to ask, someone here can point you in the right direction....I can't be a lot of help, as I haven't been here for only a few weeks, but I come every day! Just to see the information again, so that it's firmly planted in my brain!   Cool   

IP Logged

bejeeber
CH.com Hall of Famer

Gnashville
Reply #4 - May 14th, 2010 at 2:17pm

Here ya go Erin:

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Smiley

CH according to Bejeeber:

Strictly relying on doctors for CH treatment is often a prescription that will keep you in a whole lot of PAIN. Doctors are WAY behind in many respects, and they are usually completely unaware of the benefits of high flow 100% O2.

There are lots of effective treatments documented at this site. Take matters into your own hands, learn as much as you can here and at clusterbusters.com, put it into practice, then tell this CH beast Jeebs said hello right before you bash him so hard with a swift uppercut knockout punch that his stupid horns go flinging right off.
bejeeber bejeeber Enter your address line 1 here  
IP Logged

coach_bill
CH.com Hall of Famer

"Dont expect me to lay
down for this"

x0|euclid|USA||0|0|OH,Ohio
Reply #5 - May 14th, 2010 at 9:39pm

Welcome from another clusterhead.

Coach Bill

boy i cant wait till it's my turn to give him a headache. paybacks a bitch
IP Logged

wimsey1
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

MA
Reply #6 - May 18th, 2010 at 8:37am

Hey there, Tidnee, and welcome.  You are right-most people absolutely do not understand CHs. And sometimes we make matters worse when we are unable to articulate why we want them to understand. Do we want pity or sympathy? Yes and no. I don't mind a little pity and sympathy from time to time, but ultimately, no. What I want is support. Support from colleagues, bosses, family and friends. No more chicken soup remedies, PLEASE! So I've come up with a list of things I do want from those closest to me:

1.  Take a little time and read this website; I am neither crazy nor suffering from a hangnail.
2.  Assist me with abortives when the pain is too great for me to be able to think straight.
3.  Shield me from "unwanted" outside contacts who may not like my "dance with the beast."
4.  Remind and encourage me to continuously evaluate the preventatives I am taking, and to seek out other, better ways to deal with this.
5.  Talk to me; don't let me sink into a black hole pity party which so easily comes.

Curious if others have something similar to this list?  To be quite honest, our loved ones really do want to help. Being helpful, however, can be very frustrating if it isn't immediately helpful.

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #7 - May 18th, 2010 at 9:10am

Had never done one but damn....I like that. Smiley

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!