Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Prevents/ When & how to stop? (Read 1218 times)
Pfunk
CH.com Veteran

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Summerville,South_Carolina
Prevents/ When & how to stop?
May 5th, 2010 at 10:12am

I am new to lithium(900mg/day) this cycle and am not planing on stopping any time real soon as its not over yet. I am also taking topamax(100mg/day). I was just wondering how long I should stay on theses after the cycle stops and if there is a good way to stop as I'm sure that just stopping cold is not the best way to do so. Thanks.

Pfunk Cool

http:facebook.com/ptcimino  
IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Re: Prevents/ When & how to stop?
Reply #1 - May 5th, 2010 at 10:52am

That is true!!! Never stop cold. I do 1200 mg a day lithium for my cycle. I used to take about a week to go off. My new neuro says he wants to have me go off over 30 days!

My cycles have always gone at least 8, usually 12 weeks. So at about the 12 week period, I wait for 2 weeks without even a heavy shadow. Then I start to slowly wean off the lithium. If I get bit I go back up again.

Sadly it is equal amounts science....and art!...deciding when the cycle is over. Chat with your doc and see what system he is comfortable with as far as weaning off goes. Still waiting to get back and argue with mine about the 30 day deal!!

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

neuropath
CH.com Veteran

Same Hit, Different Day

Reply #2 - May 5th, 2010 at 11:44am

The recommended way of tapering down Topamax is 25mg every 5-7 days.

IP Logged

Pfunk
CH.com Veteran

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Summerville,South_Carolina
Reply #3 - May 5th, 2010 at 2:12pm

Thanks alot guys. It realy was the lithium I was most curious about, as I thought I remembered some of the recomendations for the top. I really do hate that stuff but I don't want to stop takin it now because I'm doin so well. I truly believe the lithium is what finally did the trick this time but I don't want to jinx anything by changing the combination now. Smiley

Much Luv and PF Wishes,
Pfunk

http:facebook.com/ptcimino  
IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #4 - May 5th, 2010 at 6:00pm

I hear you. Lithium has totally been my knight in shining armor against the beast!

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!