Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Thanks from montreal - not so new member (Read 860 times)
bulgroz
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Thanks from montreal - not so new member
May 2nd, 2010 at 7:02pm

Hi all supporters and C.H.ers,
I'm Max, French 30 years old guy living in Montréal, CA.

Sinceres thanks to all this CH support community, i found lot of tips that make my life more enjoyable everyday.

CH first stroke on nov.2006, i still perfectly remember this moment, and that specific pain.
Didn't know that was possible to feel such things, but in 3 months i turned to chronic, 5-7 attacks a week, around 20h.

Diagnosed a year and a half later (yep i know i'm pretty lucky, was not so long Smiley ) i tried several treatments and ended
to the most appropriate and "unobtrusive" for me : verapamil (480 to 600mg) + melatonine and of course energy drinks to deal with the beast !
Now the attacks turned to simili-episodic form, i mean i can still feel shadows 2-10 times a week, but i can have 2 weeks max without any attack.

I'm also a painter, and one of the canvas presented in my last exhibition was about that everyday fight.
I'm sharing it with you, thought that may be interesting.
it's called R.E.S.I.L.I.E.N.C.E.

Thanks again, Painfree days to all, and keep it real Smiley

Max.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register IMG_5414.jpg (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

bejeeber
CH.com Hall of Famer

Gnashville
Re: Thanks from montreal - not so new member
Reply #1 - May 2nd, 2010 at 8:02pm

Hey Max,

That is great to hear that like so many of us on this message board you have found some significant relief through tips found here.

And you are a heck of an artist! I imagine a lot of us can relate to what you have depicted on that canvas.

CH according to Bejeeber:

Strictly relying on doctors for CH treatment is often a prescription that will keep you in a whole lot of PAIN. Doctors are WAY behind in many respects, and they are usually completely unaware of the benefits of high flow 100% O2.

There are lots of effective treatments documented at this site. Take matters into your own hands, learn as much as you can here and at clusterbusters.com, put it into practice, then tell this CH beast Jeebs said hello right before you bash him so hard with a swift uppercut knockout punch that his stupid horns go flinging right off.
bejeeber bejeeber Enter your address line 1 here  
IP Logged

napa1026
CH.com Newbie

I Love CHs

Antioch
Reply #2 - May 3rd, 2010 at 12:35am

HI Max, Steve here
I'm sharing it with you, thought that may be interesting.
it's called R.E.S.I.L.I.E.N.C.E."

Interesting, a lot more than interesting..... That is great, I love It!!
I have seen other CH art, and appreciate them all, but yours is great, I give it a 10, and thanks for posting it.

Its funny that these headaches sear images and memories in our minds, like you said, you remember the moment and the pain. I have the oddest memories of midnight dances trying not to be discovered my my kids, while thinking, damn, how can the pain get any worse... That was a long time ago and I have a much better arsenal to keep me from getting to that point.
I didn't see 02 in your arsenal! Have ya tried it!

THanks again for posting the art

Steve

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #3 - May 4th, 2010 at 9:53am

WOW! I love the depiction! Congrats on the early diagnosis and what looks like a pretty effective treatment plan.

I will echo what Steve asked. Have you tried oxygen? It's been sweeping the board of late as one of the fastest and most effective aborts. I can kill an attack in less then 10 minutes, that's completely pain free, just by huffing oxygen. Read the link on the left, "oxygen info" complete with pics. Give you an idea of how simple the set up is.

Would enjoy seeing more of your art, especially those depicting CH. You have a gift for depicting what you feel!

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

bulgroz
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #4 - May 28th, 2010 at 3:45am

Thanks to all of you, was very comforting to hear all of you guys in your suuport and appreciation of my art Smiley

Thanks to Canada's governement, i already tried O2 for a couple of months, but did not "refilled" the empty tank. Just because i got better with that verapamil/melatonin/redbull medecin, and also because i couldn't stand that O2 tank anymore. As a new episodic Smiley If i was still chronic, i assure you i would have killed my neuro to keep it Smiley

Pain free days to all of you.
And thanks again for your support, you're amazing.

I'll try to do my part either Wink

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!