Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Canines and Clusters (Read 1123 times)
Joni
CH.com Old Timer

Knowledge is Power

Canines and Clusters
May 1st, 2010 at 2:08am

My last cycle (Aug 09) was started by visiting Lab puppies for an afternoon.  The same thing happened 12 years ago when I got the Lab I now have.  The good news is that I researched and got a Vizsla this time and even with sleeping with her, I am fine so far.  This is certainly not scientific, but it is a big relief!!!

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register 082.JPG (Attachment deleted)

Experience:  That most brutal of teachers.  But you learn, my God do you learn.  -C. S. Lewis

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Re: Canines and Clusters
Reply #1 - May 1st, 2010 at 11:14am

I've had labs for about the last 15 years. I don't have allergies and so far at least, they don't seem to be a trigger of any sort.

How could you look into those loving puppy eyes and accuse them of causing ch!!! Wink

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Bob Johnson
CH.com Alumnus

"Only the educated are
free." -Epictetus

Kennett Square, PA (USA)
Reply #2 - May 1st, 2010 at 11:31am

NO, NO, NO! It's their sweet nature which soooothes you as you (they?) sleep.......
« Last Edit: May 1st, 2010 at 11:34am by Bob Johnson »  
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register Project2__1.jpg (Attachment deleted)

Bob Johnson

IP Logged

Bob Johnson
CH.com Alumnus

"Only the educated are
free." -Epictetus

Kennett Square, PA (USA)
Reply #3 - May 1st, 2010 at 11:33am

The full-face guy. Now 9-yrs.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register L_e_mail_11_08.jpg (Attachment deleted)

Bob Johnson

IP Logged

Joni
CH.com Old Timer

Knowledge is Power

Reply #4 - May 1st, 2010 at 11:53am

OMG Bob, he is beautiful.  Aren't they wonderful?!  How old is he?  Do you hunt?  This is my second one.  I got one back in 1976 that lived for 10 years.  They are sooo precious!  I had picked out a white Lab this time (and have a Lab now), but had to cancel due to the headaches since it was the second time it happened so I thought I shouldn't push it.  It is only the puppy stage with some breeds that bother me.  After 6 mo to a year, I'm okay.  I love both breeds!

2 Labs=Headaches both times.  2 Vizslas=No headaches either time.  Too coincidental to try again (at least for now)  Smiley

I'm in dog heaven!
Joni

Experience:  That most brutal of teachers.  But you learn, my God do you learn.  -C. S. Lewis

IP Logged

Joni
CH.com Old Timer

Knowledge is Power

Reply #5 - May 1st, 2010 at 11:56am

Joe, I agree with you.  I love Labs, too!!!  I have one now and she is a great dog (and smiles, of course).  They are so special!!!  There is just nothing like a Lab!  Thank goodness I have enough love for other breeds, too, since I am so allergic to them.

IP Logged

George
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Black-Billed Magpie

Boise, Idaho USA
Reply #6 - May 1st, 2010 at 2:24pm

Bob, that is one fine-looking fella.

Joni, there's a guy up the road from us who breeds Viszla's.  We see quite a few of them in consequence.  They're great dogs.   Smiley

Best,

George

"Whoever loveth me, loveth my hound."  (Thomas More, author of "Utopia", and Chancellor of England.  1477-1535)
WWW George jacox6820 7165032563  
IP Logged

Joni
CH.com Old Timer

Knowledge is Power

Reply #7 - May 1st, 2010 at 5:38pm

Thanks, George.  Animals are wonderful!

IP Logged

Sandy_C
CH.com Sponsor

There is no such thing
as a stupid question.

Jamestown, NC
Reply #8 - May 2nd, 2010 at 3:42pm

Oh, both dogs are absolutely gorgeous!

I have always - since I was a toddler, had a dog of some sort - first one was a Boston Bull Terrier names Wrinkie (because his face was wrinkled).  I've run the gamut of breeds from Wrinkie to dachshunds, a Schnauzer and several mutts from the shelters over the years.

When our daughters were very young, we were without dog at the moment and looking for a new pet.  Saw an ad for a female black lab less than a year old. Went out to meet the dog, taking the kids with us.  This beautiful animal had been terribly abused by someone and left abandoned in a farmer's field.  She was afraid of any human and would not even look at my husband and me.  But, the two girls laid on the floor and she came right over and laid down with them.  She was ours! We named her Duchess - our first lab.  It took quite a while for Duchess to accept Tarey and I, but she loved the girls.  She was smart, and gentle.  We had her for 12 years.

My daughters are now in their 30's and Tarey and I are now on our 4th lab.  Since Duchess, at one time we had two labs, a white Husky, and nine cats!

No wonder I have allergies! Grin

Sandy 

Lean on me, when you're not strong, cause we all need somebody to lean on.

IP Logged

Joni
CH.com Old Timer

Knowledge is Power

Reply #9 - May 2nd, 2010 at 11:25pm

Sandy-You sound like my kind of animal lover!  Thanks for sharing!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!