Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
High/Low cycle and shadows (Read 762 times)
Headache Boy uk
CH.com Old Timer

Matthew ch 11 v 28

Mersea Island nr Colchester
High/Low cycle and shadows
Apr 27th, 2010 at 9:42pm

I've been out of cycle since the end of December but I still get shadows 5-6 times a day . Mostly they are just annoying with my right eye watering a little and the muscles around my right eye feeling stiff and that damned annoying twitchy eye thing but mostly no pain and then some times I get a dull ache with it as well , nothing worse than a bog standard headache but with all the other stuff as well I usually crack open a red bull just cos it's getting so annoying.

Dose Any one els get this or are you shadow free when out of cycle.

I have also noticed that they start after doing strenuous work or drinking alcohol or even getting to hot  (noticed that one today, it got up to 21 C today ).

Do you think this could be like a low cycle period as apposed to a remission period ?

I did see a post a while ago from Bob J. which mentioned some thing about high and low cycles but after searching for an hour I still couldn't find it , may be I dreamt it .

Any way your thoughts would be much appreciated.

Nigel

You can't speak a kind word too soon, For you never know how soon it will be too late.

Some people cause happyness wherever they go, others whenever they go

IP Logged

neuropath
CH.com Veteran

Same Hit, Different Day

Re: High/Low cycle and shadows
Reply #1 - Apr 27th, 2010 at 9:49pm

Are you on any medication such as Verapamil?

IP Logged

Headache Boy uk
CH.com Old Timer

Matthew ch 11 v 28

Reply #2 - Apr 27th, 2010 at 9:58pm

I was on verap whilst in my last cycle but the 40mg a day dose that I was on didn't agree with me at all and didn't do much good for the ch ether. Now I'm off all meds and keeping shadows at bay with the red bull although my GP has prescribed gabapentin for when they come back proper.

You can't speak a kind word too soon, For you never know how soon it will be too late.

IP Logged

neuropath
CH.com Veteran

Same Hit, Different Day

Reply #3 - Apr 27th, 2010 at 10:09pm

Are you a smoker?

IP Logged

Headache Boy uk
CH.com Old Timer

Matthew ch 11 v 28

Reply #4 - Apr 27th, 2010 at 10:12pm

funnily enough yes but i'v not noticed that it makes a difference to how often I get shadows though.

IP Logged

OneEyeBlind
CH.com Hall of Famer

Yea, I can do this

x0|Marysville|USA||0|0|PA,Pennsylvania
Reply #5 - Apr 27th, 2010 at 10:34pm

I had residual headaches (the stab in the eye feeling) for about a month after going out of cycle.  It was annoying, but nothing like the headaches I had gotten while in full cycle.  I'm already noticing them while awake this cycle ... so I'm hoping I am on my way out of cycle.  I never notice them when "I'm full steam ahead" with the headaches and getting the kip 10's every time I sleep  I call them tweeks, cause I sure wouldn't call them headaches.   A headache journal helps a ton to track this stuff.

One cannot step twice in the same river, for fresh waters are forever flowing around us.
topnoodle  
IP Logged

neuropath
CH.com Veteran

Same Hit, Different Day

Reply #6 - Apr 27th, 2010 at 10:57pm

I have found that, taking it easy with smoking has improved shadows in off-cycle periods.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!