Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Never had this pain before!Help anyone??? (Read 1125 times)
alanap98
CH.com Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x0|Anthony|USA||0|0|TX,Texas
Never had this pain before!Help anyone???
Apr 27th, 2010 at 3:16pm

Hi all I am in Day 6 of this cycle been about a year since my last and I had almost forgot about this excruciating pain that strikes me down1 But my lil buddy showed up with a new friend this time I have had the worst ear pain imagineable this time I have never had this with the Ch ever has anyone had this? it is like I have a 2 ton woodpecker in there trying to get out the same time his 2 ton elephant brother is sitting on my head and the lil farmer is behind my eye with a cattle prod. I am also having strange vision things its more like seeing wavy lines out of my 1 eye never had this before either. the pain is always unbearable but with the ear it has been like a double whammy and I am at my wits end anyone know anything about this? Should I head to Er? I am going nuts my poor son is wearing out his shoes following me around as I pace (its kinds cute hes like my lil shadow) I just dont knwo what to do and I know I am ramblin but ouchie Im in pain!! sorry for any typos as I am doing the rocking thing as I type  anyone have any ideas about this ear pain? kinda like a knife stabbing my ear deep down into my jaw its crazy well everythign about these dam things is crazy but this is unreal!!! Thanks for reading this if you have so far
Alana Angry Angry Cry

alanap98  
IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Re: Never had this pain before!Help anyone???
Reply #1 - Apr 27th, 2010 at 3:21pm

I've had ear pain that accompanies an attack but nothing like you're describing, ouch! A really good rule of thumb is if you use the words"Never happened before" it's a good idea to run it past your doc. My guess is it's another offshoot from the CH but never like to guess in matters of the head!

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #2 - Apr 27th, 2010 at 3:21pm

You'd be better off heading to the nearest fire station and asking them if they'll let you use their oxygen through a non-rebreather mask at 15 liters per minute or higher.

The ER is next to worthless for our condition. By the time they get to you, it'll be gone and they'll think you're a drug-seeker.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

alanap98
CH.com Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #3 - Apr 27th, 2010 at 3:25pm

I am one of the lucky unlucky ones I have an o2 concentrator in my house due to my mom is on 02 24/7 but it is not helping at all  I am able to deal with the head pain think we get used to it after so long but this Ear thing is about to get me down! it onlly happens during a Ch so I know it is realted to the headache cuase when the Head is ok the ear is fine to then I get a twinge in my ear and whammo m lil buddy is back and Im up pacing just dont knwo what to do for the ear??? Cry

alanap98  
IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #4 - Apr 27th, 2010 at 3:34pm

I find it difficult to believe that an O2 concentrator can produce the volume of gas needed to kill an attack.

And yes, I often get inner ear pain during an attack. I describe it like someone had just shoved an icepick straight into my ear canal.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #5 - Apr 27th, 2010 at 3:35pm

Quote:
I am also having strange vision things its more like seeing wavy lines out of my 1 eye never had this before either.

What you are describing here sounds to me like what is called a migrainous aura.  I get it about twice a month, it is nothing to be worried about.

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

alanap98
CH.com Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #6 - Apr 27th, 2010 at 3:41pm

The 02 has Never killed one of my attacks. I use a tank and it is wide open with a mask does not help me the concentrator only goes to 6 ltrs p/h  but the tank I use wide pen and do not receive any help from that sometimes it will mildly ease it but has NEVEr killed an attack I wish! would be great if it did

The wavy lines are like when u see a mirage in the road from heat rising up off road  but it is doing it to everything I look at just on the one eye so if I keep hand over it its ok ...its just kinda strange.

alanap98  
IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #7 - Apr 27th, 2010 at 4:09pm

alanap98 wrote on Apr 27th, 2010 at 3:41pm:
The 02 has Never killed one of my attacks. I use a tank and it is wide open with a mask does not help me the concentrator only goes to 6 ltrs p/h  but the tank I use wide pen and do not receive any help from that sometimes it will mildly ease it but has NEVEr killed an attack I wish! would be great if it did

You don't mention what the flow rate is set at on the regulator, nor do you mention if you're using a non-rebreather mask.

Some people get no benefit until the flow rate hits 25 liters per minute.

IP Logged

black
CH.com Old Timer

I Love CH.com!

Greece,Athens
Reply #8 - Apr 27th, 2010 at 4:57pm

I am not sure if we are having the same thing
but i 'll tell you in case you might find it helpful,I ve got this ear muscle spasm during ch along with this weird pain inside ear.
what i do is close nose and mouth and push the air in ears for few seconds.In release it gives a whistle and helps a bit with the pain.
the other one is i put pure alcohol(right word?i mean the medical one)in an ear swab and i put it with it in ear without getting too much inside and hurt the canal.
it gives a warm sense which reduces sometimes the pain,at least for a short time.
sorry for your pain,hope you find some relief soon.

Oh come on!it's just water.It can't be that bad!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!