Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Tired all the time (Read 2179 times)
Mike Bernardo
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Chesterfield, NJ
Tired all the time
Apr 21st, 2010 at 9:19am

I'm sleeping more than before, but I'm more tired than ever. I'm only on Topomax now (started again last night). I think I'm sleeping OK, no worse than before. I'm definitely in cycle. Anyone else get tired from CH? I get a lot of people telling me how tired I look. I think "pained" is a better description, but I don't go into detail with too many people.

IP Logged

clusterica
CH.com Junior

Israel
Re: Tired all the time
Reply #1 - Apr 21st, 2010 at 9:29am

HI Mike

i do not take Quote:
Topomax
but i do feel tired most of the time..
i think it's because of CH but i don't know, i think my body take too much energy with these attacks so it might be..

Undecided

Don't take life too serious.
You'll never escape it alive anyway Smiley

IP Logged

Mike Bernardo
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Chesterfield, NJ
Reply #2 - Apr 21st, 2010 at 12:11pm

I was wondering that, too. If it's just the constant, dull pain that is wearing me out. I am definitely more tired at night, but I do also wake up tired. I also just fall asleep early, which I never did before, because I'm so exhausted by 9PM. maybe it will pass if the cycle ever ends.

IP Logged

George
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Black-Billed Magpie

Boise, Idaho USA
Reply #3 - Apr 21st, 2010 at 1:09pm

Far as I'm concerned, being tired during a cycle is pretty normal.  This stuff wears a person right out.  Meds or no meds. 

So if other people mention that you look as if you've been dragged backwards through a knothole, there's a good reason.  You have.

Best wishes,

George

"Whoever loveth me, loveth my hound."  (Thomas More, author of "Utopia", and Chancellor of England.  1477-1535)
WWW George jacox6820 7165032563  
IP Logged

anthony g
CH.com Old Timer

I Love CH.com!

manhattan nyc
Reply #4 - Apr 21st, 2010 at 1:32pm

George wrote on Apr 21st, 2010 at 1:09pm:
Far as I'm concerned, being tired during a cycle is pretty normal.  This stuff wears a person right out.  Meds or no meds. 

So if other people mention that you look as if you've been dragged backwards through a knothole, there's a good reason.  You have.

Best wishes,

George 

AMEN! That's exactly it!!

IP Logged

JHK07
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Reply #5 - Apr 21st, 2010 at 2:12pm

These things will wear you out, period.  A 15 minute battle can make you feel exhausted.   

IP Logged

angela40
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #6 - Apr 21st, 2010 at 10:29pm

My second biggest issue during my last cycle, after the pain, was extreme fatigue. I was exhausted. The headaches wore me out and because mine only hit after I fall asleep, there was no catching up on sleep for me. Even a short nap would trigger one.
I think it is normal to feel fatigued after fighting the battle.

IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Reply #7 - Apr 22nd, 2010 at 1:53am

What George said!

The drugs just make it worse.

Jerry

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end." Texas A&M Student (unknown)
Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

wimsey1
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

MA
Reply #8 - Apr 22nd, 2010 at 7:31am

That you are sleeping at all is a good thing. CHs love REM so often even if you are sleeping but waking up during Deep Sleep, you will feel tired. Also, I agree with everything said previously. The attacks themselves can be so violent you are grateful they are over and exhausted. They do have a post-ictyl quality about them just as if you have had a seizure. If you have ever seen someone after a grand-mal you know sleep often accompanies the ending of one.

IP Logged

Dirt
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #9 - Apr 22nd, 2010 at 11:19pm

Yep, CH's are exhausting. Embarrassed

IP Logged

Ray
CH.com Alumnus

Ray

Columbus, Ohio
Reply #10 - Apr 26th, 2010 at 9:00pm

I agree with all of the above.  In addition, I just had a sleep study conducted, and I have moderate sleep apnia.  I am not the overweight type that is typical of apnia, just happen to have it.  I'll be getting a CPAP machine and hopefully get better sleep.

Ray

You have my prayers and compassion-I'm right there with you.

Dum tempus habemus, operemur bonum

*While we have the time, let us do good*

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
WWW raymond.schwartz759 rayplace raymond.schwartz759 raymond759  
IP Logged

black
CH.com Old Timer

I Love CH.com!

Greece,Athens
Reply #11 - Apr 27th, 2010 at 5:31pm

the need for more sleep than usual is the topamax if you ask me,as far as i can remeber back when i was on it too.just my personal opinion.

Oh come on!it's just water.It can't be that bad!

IP Logged

OneEyeBlind
CH.com Hall of Famer

Yea, I can do this

x0|Marysville|USA||0|0|PA,Pennsylvania
Reply #12 - Apr 27th, 2010 at 6:42pm

I'm exausted, but I figure it's been 6 weeks since I slept through the night.  Plus, when I do sleep, getting attacked is just exausting in itself.  Just try and fuel your body with good food while in cycle, cause the extra energy you expend is crazy !! Hopefully you can use O2 to abort, and just wait the cycle out.  At this point, when I truly need a little sleep, I try for the 5 minute naps .... any more and I'm out, and get the headache.  Hope this helps.

One cannot step twice in the same river, for fresh waters are forever flowing around us.
topnoodle  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!