Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Energy drinks? (Read 1019 times)
wimsey1
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

MA
Energy drinks?
Apr 19th, 2010 at 8:05am

Here I go again. You may have already covered this in a previous question, but I haven't seen it. Many of you recommend energy drinks, like Red Bull. I understand the amount of Taurine (1000mg?) is as important as is the caffeine. So...what about quantity of liquid? I discovered the small "shot" cans have 1000mg of Taurine. Is it important though to have the larger cans for the amount of other ingredients containe, or do you find the smaller "shot" cans to be equally effective? wimsey1 Smiley

IP Logged

Ray
CH.com Alumnus

Ray

Columbus, Ohio
Re: Energy drinks?
Reply #1 - Apr 19th, 2010 at 8:31am

I don't have a good answer for you about the "energy shots".  Caffeine is a vasoconstrictor.  Somehow, it seems to be potentiated for many with the gram or so of taurine.  The amount of "liquid" in the mix doesn't logically matter other than it may effect the rate of absorption of those other compounds.

Off the top of my head,

Ray

You have my prayers and compassion-I'm right there with you.

Dum tempus habemus, operemur bonum

*While we have the time, let us do good*

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
WWW raymond.schwartz759 rayplace raymond.schwartz759 raymond759  
IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Reply #2 - Apr 19th, 2010 at 9:09pm

I personally use the 5hr Energy, a 2 1/2 oz bottle.  The carbonated stuff tears up my stomach to badly when I slam it, esp on an empty stomach.  Works very well.  The combination of caffeine and taurene is the key, not the quantity carrying it.  I also think the B complex vitamins in the 5hr Energy helps a bit.  I know it takes a lot of the edge off of my attitude, where as they other stuff does not.

Jerry

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end." Texas A&M Student (unknown)
Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

wimsey1
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

MA
Reply #3 - Apr 20th, 2010 at 7:46am

Thanks, I'll try it.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!