Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Newbie from Wisconsin. So glad I found this site (Read 790 times)
atosh
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Newbie from Wisconsin. So glad I found this site
Apr 17th, 2010 at 11:25pm

My name is Angela and I have been suffering from clusters since I was about 7, I am now almost 21. I fist started noticing these when I got a trampoline, I would jump on it and BANG headache that wouldn't go away completely for weeks on end. I went to a nuerologist and they put me on at least 20 different drugs before setteling on nuerontin which messed me up pretty bad. I was on that till I was 12 when they switched me to Zongran, which wasn't much better. I took that till I was 17 and then gave up, no matter what I told them they kept telling me it was migraines and I kept telling them I've had migraines and these ARE NOT migraines. I was off drugs completly for 3 years until I recently had 2 horrific attacks. One lasted 2 weeks with absolutly no breaks, the most recent one is on it's 7th day and still going, I get breaks in this one though every now and again. I went in last week and even though I gave them EVERY symptom of clusters he still didn't listen and rushed me out of the office with a prescription for some new drug. I have now transferred out of that town to a new neurologist who actually listens to what I have to say and is helping me cope with this.

IP Logged

bejeeber
CH.com Hall of Famer

Gnashville
Re: Newbie from Wisconsin. So glad I found this site
Reply #1 - Apr 18th, 2010 at 10:44pm

Hi Angela,

Glad to hear that at least the new Neurologist is listening and helping.

CH according to Bejeeber:

Strictly relying on doctors for CH treatment is often a prescription that will keep you in a whole lot of PAIN. Doctors are WAY behind in many respects, and they are usually completely unaware of the benefits of high flow 100% O2.

There are lots of effective treatments documented at this site. Take matters into your own hands, learn as much as you can here and at clusterbusters.com, put it into practice, then tell this CH beast Jeebs said hello right before you bash him so hard with a swift uppercut knockout punch that his stupid horns go flinging right off.
bejeeber bejeeber Enter your address line 1 here  
IP Logged

Skyhawk5
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Ypsilanti, Mi. USA
Reply #2 - Apr 18th, 2010 at 10:55pm

Have you taken the "cluster quiz"? You can see it at the link below.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Read all you can on this site and Good Luck.

Don

Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of the Beast , I  have O2 so I fear him not.
Skyhawk5655  
IP Logged

coach_bill
CH.com Hall of Famer

"Dont expect me to lay
down for this"

x0|euclid|USA||0|0|OH,Ohio
Reply #3 - Apr 19th, 2010 at 9:40pm

Welcome,

Im glad we found you!!!

Coach Bill

boy i cant wait till it's my turn to give him a headache. paybacks a bitch
IP Logged

clusterica
CH.com Junior

Israel
Reply #4 - Apr 20th, 2010 at 12:03pm

Hey Angela...

i was told that energy drinks are helpful and i tried to drink the minute that i feel that attack is comming..

i must say - it really helped me...

next week i'm gonna start acupuncture and i'll tell you how it will go..

feel good..

Anna

Don't take life too serious.
You'll never escape it alive anyway Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!