Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
You're real (Read 1839 times)
Danny A
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Springfield, MO
You're real
Apr 17th, 2010 at 9:56pm

Thank you for being here.  I needed you to be.  Everything feels different now.  You wont judge me for being weakened by this thing.  I felt so victimized but now I feel like I have a place to go.  I don't know who you are, but I do know enough about you that I start crying.  You are real.  I'm not crazy or weak.  It's not just me.  Thank you so much.  My name is Danny.

IP Logged

Racer1_NC
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

"Well, let's go see."

Lewisville, NC
Re: You're real
Reply #1 - Apr 17th, 2010 at 9:58pm

Yeah....we are real alright. Welcome....pull  up a chair and tell us about yourself.

“We see what we believe, not the other way around." — Varga
Racer1_NC  
IP Logged

bejeeber
CH.com Hall of Famer

Gnashville
Reply #2 - Apr 17th, 2010 at 10:11pm

Hey Danny, glad you're here now.

The more you read here, I think the more you'll sense that for many of us (the lucky ones) this CH thing can be dealt with, and that there are many ways of doing so that you won't likely be advised about (or at least won't be correctly advised about) at the doctors office.

You might want to read through some of the other "Getting To Know Ya" topics - I wish I woulda thought of doing that when I first got here - there are some common threads running through the replies in them that  can give you a quick idea of what has most commonly helped others.

Yep this a good spot for comparing notes and getting advice about how to get some real relief.

What treatments/meds etc.have you been on so far?

CH according to Bejeeber:

Strictly relying on doctors for CH treatment is often a prescription that will keep you in a whole lot of PAIN. Doctors are WAY behind in many respects, and they are usually completely unaware of the benefits of high flow 100% O2.

There are lots of effective treatments documented at this site. Take matters into your own hands, learn as much as you can here and at clusterbusters.com, put it into practice, then tell this CH beast Jeebs said hello right before you bash him so hard with a swift uppercut knockout punch that his stupid horns go flinging right off.
bejeeber bejeeber Enter your address line 1 here  
IP Logged

Danny A
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Springfield, MO
Reply #3 - Apr 17th, 2010 at 10:31pm

I am 34 years old.  I work in sales and pretty good at it when I can be.  I have never been diagnosed with Cluster Headaches.  Which is really making me mad the more I identify with the symptoms and sufferers.  This has been happening to me since I was about 20. I have tried: Imitrex, Ibuprofen, Acetaminophen, Vicodin, cloth bags filled with hot rice (my lulu), scalding hot showers, blunt force trauma, and sex.  They all help sometimes.  Lately nothing does.  I was fine for about two years.  But now the pain is back and is worse then ever before.  The part that hurts the most is the way my family looks at me.  Nothing seems to help that but ... then there is you.  I am going to log for the night I have a guest coming over later on I need to prepare for.  Thank you for the welcoming community.  I really needed someone else to relate to.

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #4 - Apr 17th, 2010 at 10:56pm

Well it's quite possible you are crazy! Wink But welcome to the board. In order:

1: Get yourself to a neuro who specializes in headaches.

2: If it turns out it is CH you must take a 2 pronged approach towards dealing with it.

A: A good prevent, that's a med we take daily while on cycle to reduce the number and the intensity of your hits. I use lithium, Verapamil is a typical first round try which enjoys a high rate of success. Topomax is also effective for many.

B: An abortive strategy.....first line abortive should be oxygen. I can halt the beast in his tracks in less then 10 minutes. Read the oxygen info link on the left as it must be used correctly or it's useless.

For now try chugging an energy drink at the first sign of an attack. I use sugar free red bull cuz the taste isn't too awful, but any containing the combo of caffeine and taurine wil work. I've been having great luck this cycle quelling smaller attacks that way.

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

neuropath
CH.com Veteran

Same Hit, Different Day

Reply #5 - Apr 17th, 2010 at 11:25pm

Joe hits the nail on the head. Since it looks like you are working mainly with abortives you should definitely add O2 to your arsenal and discuss the recommended prevent options with your doc.

IP Logged

Lefty
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #6 - Apr 18th, 2010 at 1:46pm

Yeah Danny boy we are definitely real... Wink I'm nearly sure we have all felt like you at some stage untill we  found this site. As racer said tell us a little more about yourself...

Lefty

"When money's tight and is hard to get
And your horse has also ran,
When all you have is a heap of debt
A PINT OF PLAIN IS YOUR ONLY MAN."
— Flann O'Brien

IP Logged

coach_bill
CH.com Hall of Famer

"Dont expect me to lay
down for this"

x0|euclid|USA||0|0|OH,Ohio
Reply #7 - Apr 18th, 2010 at 5:53pm

welcome,

Yep im as real as they come.

Just got 1 question? you put cooked rice in your clothes for the treatment of clusters??

Coach Bill

boy i cant wait till it's my turn to give him a headache. paybacks a bitch
IP Logged

angela.lambert
CH.com Veteran

Support Alaska Commercial
Fisherman

petersburg,alaska
Reply #8 - Apr 18th, 2010 at 9:33pm

Hi Danny,

I'm really from Alaska, born and raised... still here and a sufferer.  GET ON THE O2 ASAP!!!

PFDN!!
Angela

The Beast, the Beast, the Beast is on Fire!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=name&id=15  
IP Logged

bejeeber
CH.com Hall of Famer

Gnashville
Reply #9 - Apr 18th, 2010 at 10:27pm

Danny A wrote on Apr 17th, 2010 at 10:31pm:
....... I have tried: Imitrex......

Was your imitrex in the injectible form, or at least inhaler?

I'm asking because dufus doctors constantly, erroneously, prescribe pill form for CH, and it is generally too slow to work very well..

« Last Edit: Apr 18th, 2010 at 10:40pm by bejeeber »  

CH according to Bejeeber:

Strictly relying on doctors for CH treatment is often a prescription that will keep you in a whole lot of PAIN. Doctors are WAY behind in many respects, and they are usually completely unaware of the benefits of high flow 100% O2.

There are lots of effective treatments documented at this site. Take matters into your own hands, learn as much as you can here and at clusterbusters.com, put it into practice, then tell this CH beast Jeebs said hello right before you bash him so hard with a swift uppercut knockout punch that his stupid horns go flinging right off.
bejeeber bejeeber Enter your address line 1 here  
IP Logged

shaggyparasol
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Portland, OR
Reply #10 - Apr 19th, 2010 at 1:01pm

Welcome to the club Danny!  Nobody wants to be in our club, but whatever, you are here you might as well enjoy it. 

Counter attack!  In your pain free moments read all you can on this site and counter attack!  There are many things we all do to ease the pain and live mostly pain free.  Oxygen and caffeine/taurine seem to top the list and then your choice of meds. 

After a diagnosis some get on the prescription meds and some use the natural meds presented well at clusterbusters.com.  You choice of course, but don't let this thing victimize you!  There are options for you, not cures, but good options to alleviate most of the pain most of the time.  It is all here, just keep reading.

Good luck daddy-o! Cool(and a sunglass guy for you).

--Shaggy

IP Logged

Danny A
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Springfield, MO
Reply #11 - Apr 20th, 2010 at 2:41am

I have read all the side bar topics and did the quizzes/polls.  I haven't felt this good in awhile.  I read "the devil" and woke up my wife laughing.  Sorry for saying so but, it feels pretty good knowing that you guys are going through the same thing.  And it really does hurt that bad.  Not my imagination or lack of strength.  You guys are AWESOME!

Oh and for the record...

Quote:
..you put cooked rice in your clothes for the treatment of clusters??

LOL.  I had a cloth "pillow" that had uncooked rice in it.  I would throw it in the microwave to heat it up and try and burn/sooth away the pain.

Quote:
Was your imitrex in the injectible form, or at least inhaler?

No just pills.  They stopped working for me too.  I was only supposed to take one pill per day.  I ended up taking three a few times and my doctor freaked out.

IP Logged

lorac
CH.com Old Timer

Imagine

Tennessee
Reply #12 - Apr 23rd, 2010 at 6:43pm

welcome Danny    Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!