Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Beer test (Read 9012 times)
midwestbeth
CH.com Sponsor

Edwardsville, IL
Beer test
Apr 17th, 2010 at 4:19pm

Had a few beers last weekend with no problems........can't say the same thing about last night.  Sad

Dum vita est spes est
midwestbeth midwestbeth http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id  
IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Re: Beer test
Reply #1 - Apr 17th, 2010 at 4:32pm

Sucks.

I'm planning to test my head this week while in the land of bourbon.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

Sandy_C
CH.com Sponsor

There is no such thing
as a stupid question.

Jamestown, NC
Reply #2 - Apr 18th, 2010 at 3:24pm

Those bourbonites bitterly bite you in the buttocks if you imbibe beyond better brainpower.  So, be brave, be blissful, but beware, my buddy!  Kiss

Sandy

Lean on me, when you're not strong, cause we all need somebody to lean on.

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #3 - Apr 18th, 2010 at 3:34pm

Sandy_C wrote on Apr 18th, 2010 at 3:24pm:
Those bourbonites bitterly bite you in the buttocks if you imbibe beyond better brainpower.  So, be brave, be blissful, but beware, my buddy!  Kiss

Sandy

Damn......just damn woman!!!!! Grin

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Reply #4 - Apr 18th, 2010 at 7:51pm

What a weird mob we are. I mean, what other dread disease comes with it's own beer test?

(Though I have it on good authority that PMS comes with a 'chocolate and flowers' test.)

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

DennisM1045
CH.com Alumnus

One wave at a time!

Haverhill, Massachusetts, USA
Reply #5 - Apr 19th, 2010 at 12:14pm

AussieBrian wrote on Apr 18th, 2010 at 7:51pm:
(Though I have it on good authority that PMS comes with a 'chocolate and flowers' test.)

And changes the greeting from husband to wife at the end of the day from "How was your day honey" to "You're right babe, I know, I'm sorry and I'll never do it again". Wink

-Dennis-

Where there is life, there is hope.
Where there is Oxygen, you must use proper caution.
So be safe, don't smoke while using O2. Kill the pain and not yourself.
dennism1045 dennism1045 524417261 DennisM1045 DennisM1045  
IP Logged

-johnny-
CH.com Sponsor

theres no smoking on the
dock

fayette county ohio
Reply #6 - Apr 20th, 2010 at 6:40pm

i havent been hit in over 2 years and its still a testy for me.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

midwestbeth
CH.com Sponsor

Edwardsville, IL
Reply #7 - Apr 20th, 2010 at 7:51pm

Weird....did the test with scotch and vodka and no visit from the beast.  Must be just beer and red wine for me.  If I was in high cycle, I wouldn't even think of tempting the beast.

Dum vita est spes est
IP Logged

-johnny-
CH.com Sponsor

theres no smoking on the
dock

fayette county ohio
Reply #8 - Apr 20th, 2010 at 8:20pm

What a weird mob we are. I mean, what other dread disease comes with it's own beer test?

brian i wonder if there is some significant ingredient in american beer that Aussie beer doesnt have that makes it a trigger.

IP Logged

Arde
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Dayton, TX.
Reply #9 - Apr 21st, 2010 at 5:23pm

-johnny- wrote on Apr 20th, 2010 at 8:20pm:

brian i wonder if there is some significant ingredient in american beer that Aussie beer doesnt have that makes it a trigger.

Don't think so. When I first started getting CH's I was drinking Miller High Life. I began to link the beer drinking with the headaches and thought maybe it had something to do with the brand I was drinking. I switched to Fosters and thought I had the problem licked. I got away with it a couple of times. But the inevitable happened and I sadly had to say goodbye to beer. The Australian beer hurt as bad as the American beer.

IP Logged

Sandy_C
CH.com Sponsor

There is no such thing
as a stupid question.

Jamestown, NC
Reply #10 - Apr 21st, 2010 at 9:08pm

Whoever your good authority is - she has it perfectly right!   Grin

Sandy

Lean on me, when you're not strong, cause we all need somebody to lean on.

IP Logged

black
CH.com Old Timer

I Love CH.com!

Greece,Athens
Reply #11 - Apr 26th, 2010 at 5:45am

last drink i had was eastern of ...2007 Shocked
no way i am touching this thing again Wink

Oh come on!it's just water.It can't be that bad!

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #12 - Apr 26th, 2010 at 7:38am

Sandy_C wrote on Apr 18th, 2010 at 3:24pm:

Sandy

Well, the best laid plans of mice and men - I never did test drive the bourbon. Ended up getting hit twice the night we arrived, and was gun shy the remainder of the trip. Maybe someday.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

Lefty
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #13 - Apr 26th, 2010 at 8:37am

Quote:
midwestbeth wrote on Apr 17th, 2010 at 4:19pm:
Had a few beers last weekend with no problems........can't say the same thing about last night.  Sad 

It's a strange one Beth, why this time and not last weekend... Undecided I know as soon as the stuff touches my lips I'm off...

lefty

"When money's tight and is hard to get
And your horse has also ran,
When all you have is a heap of debt
A PINT OF PLAIN IS YOUR ONLY MAN."
— Flann O'Brien

IP Logged

chewbaccamonkeylunch
CH.com Junior

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Weatherford, TX
Reply #14 - Apr 27th, 2010 at 3:14pm

Arde wrote on Apr 21st, 2010 at 5:23pm:
Don't think so. When I first started getting CH's I was drinking Miller High Life. I began to link the beer drinking with the headaches and thought maybe it had something to do with the brand I was drinking.

I started my first cycle while on High Life too. I have since switched to Natural Light!

IP Logged

midwestbeth
CH.com Sponsor

Edwardsville, IL
Reply #15 - Apr 28th, 2010 at 12:05pm

The beast is back in my life.  Sad  Even when I only think about having a drink, I'll get hit.  I was out of town for a week and had no 02, but I did grab a few Zomigs on the way out just in case.  Good thing I did.  Time to dose and keep my fingers crossed.

I was reminded that night time hits are the worst.  I think that is because by the time I wake up, the ch has already ramped to the upper kip level.  I wish it was only a bad dream.

Dum vita est spes est
IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #16 - Apr 28th, 2010 at 12:12pm

midwestbeth wrote on Apr 28th, 2010 at 12:05pm:
The beast is back in my life.  Sad  Even when I only think about having a drink, I'll get hit.  I was out of town for a week and had no 02, but I did grab a few Zomigs on the way out just in case.  Good thing I did.  Time to dose and keep my fingers crossed.

I was reminded that night time hits are the worst.  I think that is because by the time I wake up, the ch has already ramped to the upper kip level.  I wish it was only a bad dream.

Wow. Sucks. How long has it been since you last dosed?

IP Logged

Jeannie
CH.com Sponsor

Live, Laugh, Love....

St Louis, Missouri
Reply #17 - Apr 28th, 2010 at 1:12pm

Beth,

I'm so sorry about the hits.  I think the only thing that even compares to the pain of a hit is knowing that others  I care so deeply about know that pain as well.

Love and hugs and PF wishes to you, sister.  And to all of you, for that matter...

Love,

Jeannie

"It's all a grand illusion when you think you're in control." ~ Kenny Chesney

IP Logged

Chad
CH.com Hall of Famer

Emmaus, PA
Reply #18 - Apr 28th, 2010 at 1:23pm

midwestbeth wrote on Apr 28th, 2010 at 12:05pm:
Beth I am sorry to hear this.  I know what you mean about those night time hits.  They're really nasty.  Every cycle I get usually starts as a middle of the night surprise....NOT!

Dose as soon as you can.

When the PAIN starts, I FIGHT back!

Rivea Corymbosa seeds were my KO punch, now D3 is the front runner!

IP Logged

PGHgirl
CH.com Newbie

Sewickley, PA   USA
Reply #19 - Apr 28th, 2010 at 1:32pm

Last drink for me was in 2004 and I do not smoke either never did and the beast still gets me every two years.

IP Logged

midwestbeth
CH.com Sponsor

Edwardsville, IL
Reply #20 - Apr 28th, 2010 at 2:00pm

It's been awhile since I last dosed.  Life has been so busy lately, I really can't remember.  I do have some fresh rc seeds in the freezer, so I'm all set!

My cruise down de-nile is over.

Dum vita est spes est
IP Logged

Jeannie
CH.com Sponsor

Live, Laugh, Love....

St Louis, Missouri
Reply #21 - Apr 28th, 2010 at 2:08pm

midwestbeth wrote on Apr 28th, 2010 at 2:00pm:
It's been awhile since I last dosed.  Life has been so busy lately, I really can't remember.  I do have some fresh rc seeds in the freezer, so I'm all set!

My cruise down de-nile is over.

I do the same thing.  " It's not a cycle.  They are rogue hits!"   

It took me three weeks to finally admit I was back in cycle last time.  I'm glad to see you are a faster learner than I!

"It's all a grand illusion when you think you're in control." ~ Kenny Chesney

IP Logged

gsxraddict
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #22 - May 19th, 2010 at 6:30pm

I enjoy drinking 1-2 beers out in public, but the beer results in an even more agonizing headache then normal.

The only thing I've noticed is if I am going to have a drink with friends, it needs to be liquor.

If I am brave enough to drink beer (which I prefer), and I feel one coming on I have to drink as much and as fast as I can. Normally within 5-6 beers I am pain free...so it is either be sober, or get drunk. Rarely I can enjoy beer without pain.

This sucks.
« Last Edit: May 19th, 2010 at 6:31pm by gsxraddict »  

IP Logged

-johnny-
CH.com Sponsor

theres no smoking on the
dock

fayette county ohio
Reply #23 - May 19th, 2010 at 8:05pm

well beth did the seeds help?

IP Logged

PlayDoh
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Reply #24 - May 23rd, 2010 at 3:00am

I used to be a casual drinker, even for years after I started getting CH's, although it was impossible not to notice a connection.

Since I just learned about vascular dilation being a possible culprit, this would make the alcohol trigger more understandable.

I'll admit its tempting to have a beer once in a blue moon, yet the possible price to pay keeps my lips dry. When I did drink I did what gsxraddict does, and go hard or go home, yet even pi$$-drunk I've been hit, and it still hurt just as bad as being sober.

For years I would tell my Doctors that Alcohol was a trigger, without a doubt, knowing that it should make a diagnosis easier, yet all I ever got was, "don't drink".  Angry

As strong and tough as CH's are, I AM STRONGER!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!