Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Zomig users. How long PF? (Read 2031 times)
Skyhawk5
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Ypsilanti, Mi. USA
Zomig users. How long PF?
Apr 15th, 2010 at 3:53pm

Just got samples of 1 nasal and 4 disolvable. Wondering how much PF time you get from these?

Thank you for any advice, Don

Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of the Beast , I  have O2 so I fear him not.
Skyhawk5655  
IP Logged

Potter
CH.com Alumnus

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky
Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

Blgs.Mt.
Re: Zomig users. How long PF?
Reply #1 - Apr 15th, 2010 at 6:37pm

In my case it was every four hours, so I was eatin six a day times forty days, twice a year.  Then I found this place and with some gentle prodding by jonny I plugged into oxygen.  I haven't been the same since.

Potter

IP Logged

Marc
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Apr 15th, 2010 at 7:00pm

It varies, but close to what Potter said is true for me.  Sometimes a little more, often a bit less.

Zomig NS is still my favorite for fast acting when I need it. Amerge is the one that will almost always give me 8 hours sleep.

« Last Edit: Apr 15th, 2010 at 7:04pm by Marc »  

IP Logged

jon019
CH.com Alumnus

"Ya gotta believe!"

USA
Reply #3 - Apr 15th, 2010 at 9:21pm

Never tried the tabs...figuring 20 min minimum to act...that just aint gonna cut it...

Now then...the 5mg NS is my abortive of last resort (AFTER O2/energy drink)....99+% success rate...8-12 hrs buy in to PF time....I love me some of THAT little bullet.

Best,

Jon

The LARGE print giveth....and the small print taketh away.    Tom Waits

IP Logged

neuropath
CH.com Veteran

Same Hit, Different Day

Reply #4 - Apr 16th, 2010 at 12:25am

If your hits come like clockwork and if you are not a nighttime hitter, Zomig pills can work. Both being the case for me, if I am on the road without access to O2, I pop one an hour before "showtime" and can completely forgo an attack. This generally buys me a 3-4 hour PF window.

Since I live in a part of the world where neither injects nor NS are available and I am therefore reduced to pills only, one way of activating them quicker is to crumb them and to wash them down with a red bull, followed by a double espresso. This can get them started within 15 min. 

IP Logged

Skyhawk5
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Ypsilanti, Mi. USA
Reply #5 - Apr 16th, 2010 at 6:24pm

Thanks guys, now I need the nerve to try it. I have the DHE inj. that I know work. My Neuro wants me to try to do the DHE only every other day so I'm looking to find a fill in med.

Imitrex doesn't work for me so I fear the same for Zomig, then I wouldn't be able to take a shot for 24hrs.

Don

Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of the Beast , I  have O2 so I fear him not.
Skyhawk5655  
IP Logged

Jackie
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Go For It!!!

Goshen, IN
Reply #6 - Apr 16th, 2010 at 8:17pm

Don,

Blake could get 6 to 8 hours out of a Zomig (pill).....a couple hours less when he was in a really rough period.  He's take one before bed sometimes....like a prevent. when he was in desperate need of sleep.

IP Logged

Skyhawk5
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Ypsilanti, Mi. USA
Reply #7 - Apr 17th, 2010 at 7:47pm

Thank you, kind folks. I value any info from here. Most likely i'll try the Zomig tonight, I'll let you know.

Don

Skyhawk5655  
IP Logged

Marc
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Apr 17th, 2010 at 8:44pm

Please do let us know.

There are most certainly individual variations, but patterns do tend to show over time.

Hoping you have superb results - sleep is good........

IP Logged

Jackie
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Go For It!!!

Goshen, IN
Reply #9 - Apr 18th, 2010 at 5:04pm

Don....
How did you do last night....been thinking about you and wondering...

IP Logged

Skyhawk5
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Ypsilanti, Mi. USA
Reply #10 - Apr 18th, 2010 at 10:47pm

Jackie,
I ended up doing a shot. Chickened out I guess. I will give it a try at some point. I stopped a K-8 that was stuborn then did what I know works.

Once I get a little past this peak of mine, I'll test the Zomig. Or if I get some balls.

Thanks, Don

Skyhawk5655  
IP Logged

Skyhawk5
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Ypsilanti, Mi. USA
Reply #11 - Apr 20th, 2010 at 11:10pm

Finally got some nerve, took a Zomig ZMT melt over 2hrs ago and have been PF since. I was having some heavy shadows and had hit the O2 7 times in 3 hrs. Stopped that...

I'll post how long it lasts for me tomorrow. The O2 is still working great too.

Don

Skyhawk5655  
IP Logged

Skyhawk5
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Ypsilanti, Mi. USA
Reply #12 - Apr 21st, 2010 at 4:18pm

Zomig ZMT gave me 7.5hrs PF time. Not bad. Next time I need to time it out so I get more sleep. Took it too early.

Don

Skyhawk5655  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!