Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Seriously, my life is out of control (Read 2403 times)
OneEyeBlind
CH.com Hall of Famer

Yea, I can do this

x0|Marysville|USA||0|0|PA,Pennsylvania
Seriously, my life is out of control
Apr 14th, 2010 at 8:49pm

Seriously, the dog just ate my 02 mask. (She's just 6 months old and still trying to tell me she is in charge).  I thought I might kill her.  Seriously.  There I am with a headache, ramping up ... run out of 02 in one tank, have to switch tanks (please someone, remind me that you should always check the level of the tank ahead of time while you are feeling good).  Switch the tanks.  In the meantime, the headache takes off.  I'm sucking, sucking, sucking, while the dog is trying to lick my face.  I guess I got a little to aggressive with her.  I mean, seriously, who wants a dog licking their ear and face when you are ramped up ?  Anyways, didn't stay on the o2 long enough after getting rid of the headache ... run to the bathroom .... it's coming back .... and there lays my o2 mask shredded .....  needless to say, the dog ran for her life.  OMG, I seriously need to get it together here !   Roll Eyes 

I didn't do the verapamil today (even at half does) , only because it was making me so tired I couldn't function.  I still had a tired day, but I guess the beast found a way in without the verap!   Tongue  Gonna start over and figure out what works for me, cause I know I can't do this much longer.   Shocked

One cannot step twice in the same river, for fresh waters are forever flowing around us.
topnoodle  
IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Re: Seriously, my life is out of control
Reply #1 - Apr 14th, 2010 at 9:08pm

Make your own "mask" by punching a hole in a corner of a big plastic bag (yes, even a garbage bag) and duct tape the hose into it. Scrunch the open end together and hold it in your hand. Squeeze it tight, turn on the O2, and let the bag fill. Then start breathing out of the scrunched open end. Close it off with your hand each time you exhale (don't exhale into the bag).

Do this until you can replace your mask.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

donna mae
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Bolingbrook, Il
Reply #2 - Apr 14th, 2010 at 9:15pm

Sorry to hear about your "out of control" episode with the dog... made me remember a situation we had. A few months back while I was in high cycle, sleeping on the couch or trying to, my husband on the other couch watching over me, what a sweetie  Kiss , he (my husband)  had taken out his false teeth in his sleep and dropped them on the floor. Needless to say... the dog ate them!  :' (They will eat the darnedest things.)  Poor hubby had to wait 3 weeks for a new set of teeth!  Grin  We laugh now but at the time OMG!
     Hope you get back on track soon. I just started Verapamil, 1 week now and no change, actually feel like my head pressure and nerve pain is ramping up! Last 2 days had no relief, all day pain. I'm confused.

Better days are coming soon I hope

Donna Mae

Donna Haynes junebug57  
IP Logged

OneEyeBlind
CH.com Hall of Famer

Yea, I can do this

Reply #3 - Apr 14th, 2010 at 10:12pm

Donna Mae, I gotta say the Verapamil stared working right away for me .... it's just that my BP dropped so fast and so hard.  I guess we are all different.  I'm gonna stick with the half dosage after today and feel like the doped up queen.  Good luck to you with whatever you find that works. 

Brew, I do have the nasal canuks (sp? which I will stick in my mouth, held my nose and breath) or the regular mask Apria so kindly gave me which I didn;t ask for but took.  You think I would let a mask go unwasted ?  Smiley  I'll be fine till Friday when they come to replenish my supply of o2 (with a non-rebreather mask hopefully). 

Shit happnes, and then ya gotta go to sleep eventually .......  Shocked

One cannot step twice in the same river, for fresh waters are forever flowing around us.
topnoodle  
IP Logged

OneEyeBlind
CH.com Hall of Famer

Yea, I can do this

Reply #4 - Apr 14th, 2010 at 10:16pm

Brew, do you seriously need the bag ............... I'll know later on if you don't respond.

topnoodle  
IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #5 - Apr 14th, 2010 at 10:22pm

It's the only way to ensure you're getting 100% O2.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

Skyhawk5
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Ypsilanti, Mi. USA
Reply #6 - Apr 14th, 2010 at 10:31pm

Brew is right and the bag stores enough O2 to get a full breath. With just the tube or mask without a bag you are very limited on O2 available.

The difference between drinking from a straw or from the glass..

Don

Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of the Beast , I  have O2 so I fear him not.
Skyhawk5655  
IP Logged

Cathi_Pierce
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x0|Oregon City|USA||0|0|OR,Oregon
Reply #7 - Apr 14th, 2010 at 10:41pm

Nan, dear, the cannula is not going to deliver the volume of 02 you need, Brew's suggestion will do that!
I just HATE that this is going on still. you were my CH HERO......overcoming the beast for FIVE years!!

As for Verap, it takes time to get into your system, so, whatever you do, don't give up completely! YES, it lowers your BP, yes it makes you feel like a slug on the Susquehanna, but, YES, it will work......give it time.......meanwhile.......02 in high-flow delivery.....and I know you didn't hear it from me first!

(scratching my head, don't know whether to comfort you or the frightened pup first!)

YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!
  Help, RED!!!!!!!!!!

I love ya both!
Cathi(if it weren't you, I'd never believe this ) Cheesy

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

IP Logged

OneEyeBlind
CH.com Hall of Famer

Yea, I can do this

Reply #8 - Apr 15th, 2010 at 5:17am

Holy shit, this has to be the worst night of my life.

topnoodle  
IP Logged

Kevin_M
CH.com Sponsor

withered branches grow
green again.

Michigan, USA
Reply #9 - Apr 15th, 2010 at 6:55am

OneEyeBlind wrote on Apr 14th, 2010 at 8:49pm:
There I am with a headache, ramping up ... run out of 02 in one tank, have to switch tanks

This is why I keep a second regulator, it's hooked up and ready when the tank being used is low.  No more switching in the dark of night when woken and needed.  I don't care for the lights on much at that time.      Smiley

IP Logged

OneEyeBlind
CH.com Hall of Famer

Yea, I can do this

Reply #10 - Apr 15th, 2010 at 7:18am

Good advice, Kevin.  And what won't kill us will make us crazy if we let it.  My dog is still looking at me, like, WTF ?  And life goes on.  I'm just waiting until Apria opens so I can order a new mask for tomorrow.   Cheesy

topnoodle  
IP Logged

Mr. Happy
CH.com Alumnus

If I can do it, it ain't
art.

Media, PA
Reply #11 - Apr 15th, 2010 at 7:21am

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Till Friday....

May those who don't want any&&Have memories of never getting any.&&
WWW Mr. Happy 6108764393 Randy Piscatorus  
IP Logged

OneEyeBlind
CH.com Hall of Famer

Yea, I can do this

Reply #12 - Apr 15th, 2010 at 7:22am

Brew, I'm getting my garbage bag ready ............ I haven't slept a lick.   Lips Sealed

topnoodle  
IP Logged

Kevin_M
CH.com Sponsor

withered branches grow
green again.

Michigan, USA
Reply #13 - Apr 15th, 2010 at 7:54am

Mr. Happy wrote on Apr 15th, 2010 at 7:21am:
Till Friday....

If I can do it, it ain't art.

yet the artifice of smartificial intelligence.

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #14 - Apr 15th, 2010 at 9:21am

Mr Happy posted the pic I was looking for. There are a hundred versions, you need a bag to store the 02 as it flows, and a place to suck it out. That way you're still getting 100% 02.

And sadly you're not alone. Most of us don't get REAL serious about back ups to our back ups until we get a good a$$ kicking. Stupid human nature. Cry

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

OneEyeBlind
CH.com Hall of Famer

Yea, I can do this

Reply #15 - Apr 15th, 2010 at 11:50am

You guys are the best !  I posted before I saw the pic,   Thank you Mr. Happy. I did get my mask back together with some tape & perserverance ... after the headaches stopped. I can't remember ever having a night like that.  I ordered two new ones from Apria this morning.  Delivery Friday.  Hubby just took the dog for a long walk .......... hopefully she won't get into anything else today.  I took a Frovia this morning and the other half of the Verap for today ....... I certainly can't do another night like last night.  Don't care how the meds make me feel.

topnoodle  
IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #16 - Apr 15th, 2010 at 12:06pm

OneEyeBlind wrote on Apr 15th, 2010 at 11:50am:
I certainly can't do another night like last night.

Yes, you can. And you will. Because sometimes there is no alternative.

There are people on this board who have done nights like that every night for years at a time.

Sometimes it helps to break time down in your mind: "I can get through the next hour - it's only one hour," or "I can get through the next minute - it's only one minute." That kind of thing.

The other thing that will help is being prepared for anything life may throw at you. You might want to look at ordering an O2ptimask or two from the ch.com store link over on the left. I have three.

IP Logged

Pfunk
CH.com Veteran

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Summerville,South_Carolina
Reply #17 - Apr 15th, 2010 at 1:16pm

OneEyeBlind wrote on Apr 15th, 2010 at 11:50am:
   I certainly can't do another night like last night. 

I'm with Brew on this one. You can an you will get through it. I/we're here for you as you have been so much for me. None of us will let you go at this alone bro. So just fight the fight and stay strong. We'll conquer this beast one day at a time. Prayers and PF wishes hoping relief is headed your way.

Pfunk Cool
« Last Edit: Apr 16th, 2010 at 11:22am by Pfunk »  
http:facebook.com/ptcimino  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!