Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Restart the Countdown: Sumavel worked (Read 1186 times)
Mike Bernardo
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Chesterfield, NJ
Restart the Countdown: Sumavel worked
Apr 9th, 2010 at 9:08am

Last night was bad. Cumulative pain was just too much. After 116 days of headaches, I took the Sumavel shot. Guess what? It worked. First 15 minutes, the edge was off; within half hour, the headache was gone. 12 hours later, I'm still headache free. It was worth every penny, even if I have to use another one tonight. either way, I'm hoping tonight will be without HA. The doctor started me on Indocin today as well, so I'm hoping for good results from that, as well. More to come.....

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Re: Restart the Countdown: Sumavel worked
Reply #1 - Apr 9th, 2010 at 10:56am

I swore I wasn't going to use trex this time..........that lasted until the first time I got creamed. Grin That being said, you have 02 yet? The other attacks, and sadly there's been a sh%$ load this round, I've managed to abort with 02.

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Mike Bernardo
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Chesterfield, NJ
Reply #2 - Apr 9th, 2010 at 11:28am

I have O2. it works temporarily, but doesn't even keep the pain away the entire night, just a few hours. It's now 11:30 and still no HA. I'm hopeful it will continue through tonight, but we shall see......

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #3 - Apr 9th, 2010 at 11:47am

Mike Bernardo wrote on Apr 9th, 2010 at 11:28am:
I have O2. it works temporarily, but doesn't even keep the pain away the entire night, just a few hours. It's now 11:30 and still no HA. I'm hopeful it will continue through tonight, but we shall see......

If you're expecting more from O2, you're expecting too much. It only aborts the current attack and does nothing to prevent future attacks.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #4 - Apr 9th, 2010 at 11:56am

I have the problem with headaches coming back within 20 minutes of shutting off the oxygen. Now I drink a Red Bull as I start the oxygen. So far it's blocked the come backers. Might be tough at night depending on how sensitive you are to caffeine.

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Mike Bernardo
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Chesterfield, NJ
Reply #5 - Apr 9th, 2010 at 1:49pm

I did that with Monster. Same thing, it aborts/relieves the attack, but then I can't sleep from all the caffeine.

IP Logged

OneEyeBlind
CH.com Hall of Famer

Yea, I can do this

x0|Marysville|USA||0|0|PA,Pennsylvania
Reply #6 - Apr 9th, 2010 at 6:29pm

I love Imitrex ..... it works when nothing else will.  I do have to say though, that taking Relpax (pill form, similar to Imitrex I think) before bedtime kept the bangers way down, so I at least got some sleep.  Ahhhh, restful 5-6 hours sleep.  There's no price for that.  I am trying to ween off the Relpax though, and I'm gonna give my o2 with the higher regulator a good shot for it's money.  I figure, o2 never causes rebounds ... some of the other meds might.  I'm going naturally .... until that kip 10 shows up.  Cheesy

One cannot step twice in the same river, for fresh waters are forever flowing around us.
topnoodle  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!