Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Doc appointment today (Read 881 times)
OneEyeBlind
CH.com Hall of Famer

Yea, I can do this

x0|Marysville|USA||0|0|PA,Pennsylvania
Doc appointment today
Apr 7th, 2010 at 7:54pm

Finally saw the doc today, in person, real and live.  Ya gotta love that, especially since my doc is so down to earth.  (She had been working on stuff with my every day on phone call this past week).  I walked out with Verapamil (which I started immediately).  I also have a script for a prednisone taper if I should need it.  Told her I don't do so good on prednisone as it makes me a little crazy.  We decided I could hold off on that until I get a little sleep and think about it, as long as I started the Verapamil.  Walked out with more Imitrex waiting at the pharmacy.  She also gave me a script for and anti-anxiety med to sleep.  I'm on the fence about that, but considering I haven't slept for 2 weeks ......... maybe I do need it. 

I also got some help from a friend with a high-flow regulator.  Smooches to you !  It's in the mail.  Had to call Apria and switch out some tanks, but they will be coming on Friday with the tanks to fit the regulator. 

All in all, a really good day.

One cannot step twice in the same river, for fresh waters are forever flowing around us.
topnoodle  
IP Logged

bejeeber
CH.com Hall of Famer

Gnashville
Re: Doc appointment today
Reply #1 - Apr 7th, 2010 at 10:03pm

Yay One Eye!

Sounds like are really getting those beast killing ducks in a row now!  Cool

CH according to Bejeeber:

Strictly relying on doctors for CH treatment is often a prescription that will keep you in a whole lot of PAIN. Doctors are WAY behind in many respects, and they are usually completely unaware of the benefits of high flow 100% O2.

There are lots of effective treatments documented at this site. Take matters into your own hands, learn as much as you can here and at clusterbusters.com, put it into practice, then tell this CH beast Jeebs said hello right before you bash him so hard with a swift uppercut knockout punch that his stupid horns go flinging right off.
bejeeber bejeeber Enter your address line 1 here  
IP Logged

neuropath
CH.com Veteran

Same Hit, Different Day

Reply #2 - Apr 7th, 2010 at 10:25pm

Unless you get hit badly at nights, 0.5 mg of Melatonin 30 min before bedtime can work very well for a good night sleep. Also works for me whenever I am on a pred taper and am battling insomnia as a result.

Glad to hear you have all your arsenal in place.

Good luck.

IP Logged

OneEyeBlind
CH.com Hall of Famer

Yea, I can do this

Reply #3 - Apr 8th, 2010 at 2:01am

Ok, I'm up with the third heachache of the night.  I should have known it wasn't gonna be a good day.  They are killers tonight.  I tried to do 1/3 shot of trex for the second one, and after 15 minutes shot the mother load .... only to get another wanger banger 45 minutes later.  I did do 480 mg of Verapamil today, does that piss the beast off or what ?????  Oh sweet Jesus, I was planning on making it to work tomorrow ..............  Angry

One cannot step twice in the same river, for fresh waters are forever flowing around us.
topnoodle  
IP Logged

neuropath
CH.com Veteran

Same Hit, Different Day

Reply #4 - Apr 8th, 2010 at 2:22am

Regrettably Verapamil will take some time to reach therapeutic levels. Up to 2 weeks. It is not known to aggravate CH when taken. The fast-acting formula is preferred by many here over the sustained release (SR) formula.

Until your O2 arrives and for tomorrow, get yourself some redbull or other energy drink (taurine / caffeine combo). When consumed at the very onset of the attack it can really help lower the kip level and in some instances even abort.

Some people who get hit badly during the night report benefits from Melatonin at dosages of 9-10 mg. May be worth researching here to see if its for you.

Hang in there buddy!

IP Logged

OneEyeBlind
CH.com Hall of Famer

Yea, I can do this

Reply #5 - Apr 8th, 2010 at 2:48am

I did drink a Red Bull, and got on the 02 for the one attack ... did the shot of trex and still got on the 02 for the other.  I'm hanging ... but I ain't going to sleep for a while ..... I still got that nagging feeling !  Shit this crap makes ya tired !  They were both bangers ...... on the floor with both ... swimming in my carpet (legs and arms a wagging ... you get the drift).  I'm so tired I can't do my happy dance anymore ... I don't have the energy to stand and boogie !  Smiley 

And this too shall pass ....... just how quickly we'll see.   Cry

topnoodle  
IP Logged

bejeeber
CH.com Hall of Famer

Gnashville
Reply #6 - Apr 8th, 2010 at 10:23pm

Oh no that's a rotten sounding rager you have going there - very sorry to hear that.

The first and last time I tried a 1/3 dose of Imitrex it didn't work and I got hit with a 4 straight hour slammer that nothing would quell, so I have an idea of where you're coming from.

In my case I was a little late getting to that 1/3 dose, so I've never known whether it was because I didn't catch the attack at the onset, or whether I require 1/2 doses, but I've stuck with 1/2 doses since, which have luckily always worked for me.

Melatonin didn't help me, but clearly there isn't a one size fits all approach, and I've seen several people report success with it - actually sleeping thru the night when in cycle - if you can imagine such a thing !  Shocked

CH according to Bejeeber:

Strictly relying on doctors for CH treatment is often a prescription that will keep you in a whole lot of PAIN. Doctors are WAY behind in many respects, and they are usually completely unaware of the benefits of high flow 100% O2.

There are lots of effective treatments documented at this site. Take matters into your own hands, learn as much as you can here and at clusterbusters.com, put it into practice, then tell this CH beast Jeebs said hello right before you bash him so hard with a swift uppercut knockout punch that his stupid horns go flinging right off.
bejeeber bejeeber Enter your address line 1 here  
IP Logged

OneEyeBlind
CH.com Hall of Famer

Yea, I can do this

Reply #7 - Apr 9th, 2010 at 4:42am

Yup, this in one crazy beast.  You never know what to expect !  Had a fairly decent day yesterday after a horrible night .... and then last night ..... I was only up once and aborted with o2 only !  What a relief to sleep for six hours straight !!!  I decided not to test my luck any further when I woke up at 3 am.   Cheesy  I had taken a relpax yesterday morning (cause the beast was still nagging) and then took another one before bed.    Roll Eyes  Got a new script for Flova yesterday.  I hope that works as well as the Repax.   Smiley

topnoodle  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!