Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
O2 & Lithum.... (Read 2687 times)
Pfunk
CH.com Veteran

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Summerville,South_Carolina
O2 & Lithum....
Apr 5th, 2010 at 2:45pm

Went back the doc today and finally got some things accomplished. After some time and my being hit 8-10 times daily for the last month, I got him to write me a script for lithium. 600mg/day for a week, then up to 900 after that. Also after some pokin' and proddin', he re-wrote the O2 script as stated on this site. The only problem is I'm having problems finding somewhere to get the bigger tanks. I can get by the regulator but  have to find something bigger than the E tank that I have at home now. But at least I'm making a little progress. Maybe it means a break or some SLEEP might be comin Shocked

Pfunk Cool

http:facebook.com/ptcimino  
IP Logged

Iddy
CH.com Alumnus

Smile

Toronto,Canada
Re: O2 & Lithum....
Reply #1 - Apr 5th, 2010 at 3:32pm

I sure hope so!!!!!! Smiley

Iddy

Walk in Peace

"If you can, help others, if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." Dalai Lama

IP Logged

QnHeartMM
CH.com Sponsor

I AM a Phoenix!

San Diego, CA
Reply #2 - Apr 5th, 2010 at 5:40pm

Pfunk, when they deliver they will likely leave more than 1 tank. Joe gets 8 E-tanks when they deliver.

Treat people with kind words.

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #3 - Apr 5th, 2010 at 6:00pm

Airgas National Welders - Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
5580 Dorchester Road, North Charleston - (843) 767-9495 at the following link appear to have all the CGA-540 oxygen cylinders you need...  They may even supply one of the local home oxygen providers near you.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
« Last Edit: Apr 6th, 2010 at 9:22am by Batch »  

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

Pfunk
CH.com Veteran

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #4 - Apr 6th, 2010 at 12:47pm

Wow! Thank you for the Air Gas link. My insurance co. has finally agreed and a local company came this morning with an M tank with the right regulator and 3 non-rebreathermasks. I could not believe it. I started on the lithium yesterday and the tremors have already started. However, last night I woke up 5 times in pain and went o the bathroom jumped in the tub filled with scalding hot water as I usually do and only had to abort with trex one time. Each of the other 4 times the HA just seemed to ease off before I could ease my way into the tub. After the last one I was actually able to achieve-4 hours of uninterrupted sleep. Not jumping to any conclusions just happy to have gotten some sleep.

Much Luv and PF Wishes to All,
Pfunk Cool

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #5 - Apr 6th, 2010 at 1:51pm

Lithium doesn't typically build up to therapeutic serum levels for 10-14 days. And I would think that 600mg/day is not even close to where you'd need to be to develop tremors (unless you weigh, like, 45 lbs.).

Is there anything else that may have caused the tremor? Sometimes I'm convinced I can only hold my hand perfectly still when nobody has asked me to and I've not thought about it (i.e., the power of suggestion).

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #6 - Apr 6th, 2010 at 7:08pm

I take 1200 mg a day and don't really get the tremors. If I hold my hand in front of me and try to stay perfectly still, there is a slight tremor. Nothing that i find annoying. Now the having to go pee every 2-3 hours the first week or so...that's annoying! Wink

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Skyhawk5
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Ypsilanti, Mi. USA
Reply #7 - Apr 6th, 2010 at 7:44pm

Just checking, NON-rebreather masks have a bag on them, Rebreathers don't.

Don

Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of the Beast , I  have O2 so I fear him not.
Skyhawk5655  
IP Logged

E-Double
CH.com Alumnus

Are we ourselves?

Commack,New_York
Reply #8 - Apr 7th, 2010 at 9:31am

Good luck funkadelic brother.

Verapamil and lithium combo was the only med coc ktail that seemed to help me, however I did develop toxicity which started with tremors and then some other weird shit and that was at 600mg. the point is we all metabolize meds differently.

That was the last profolactic med I took and that was in 2005.

Best of luck!

Ex2

I can't believe that I have to bang my Head against this wall again. But the blows they have just a little more Space in-between them. Gonna take a breath and try again.
Edoubleitk Edoubleitk1  
IP Logged

Pfunk
CH.com Veteran

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #9 - Apr 7th, 2010 at 10:21am

Yea. Not to sure about the tremors as I don't seems to have them all the time just for the first bit of time right after the med starts workin. I seem to be havin some stomach issues as I can't stay out of the bathroom. But, I slept through the night last night and that hasn't happened in a long, long time. Don't know why it happened. Maybe, it's just that I know that I finally have what I need here to help me now and I'm feeling secure that will get relief. It was just really nice to wake up rested.

Pfunk Cool

IP Logged

Pfunk
CH.com Veteran

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #10 - Apr 7th, 2010 at 10:22am

I'm up to 900mg after this week on the lithium

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #11 - Apr 7th, 2010 at 10:23am

Pfunk wrote on Apr 7th, 2010 at 10:22am:

That was my magic number - along with 480mg verapamil.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

on my knees
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Apr 7th, 2010 at 10:52am

im with you brew brew and the only tremors i get are when i am writing and once in a whiile one comes from no where,   i am on the same meds as you are

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #13 - Apr 7th, 2010 at 11:08am

Quote:
im with you brew brew and the only tremors i get are when i am writing and once in a whiile one comes from no where,   i am on the same meds as you are

...except I'm not on them anymore. When I WAS on them, that was the magic combination.

IP Logged

Pfunk
CH.com Veteran

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #14 - Apr 8th, 2010 at 11:12am

Brew wrote on Apr 7th, 2010 at 10:23am:
Pfunk wrote on Apr 7th, 2010 at 10:22am:

That was my magic number - along with 480mg verapamil.

I was taking 540mg of verap until about 2 weeks ago. At that point we noticed that very time I took one of the pills, I got slammed with a huge hit., no matter what time of day it is. So my doc and I decided to try the topamax again and monitor in case of kidney stones from last time. I did have some success with top last time but stopped because of the stones. I regret to report that as I seem to finally  seem to be seeing some relief, my  back is beginning to hurt bad as it did when I had the stones last time. Hopefully, as I am drinking more water than I think might be humanly possible, I might be able to keep them away. The pain comes and goes so maybe they break up as fast as I get them. I dunno.

Pfunk Cool

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!