Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Dual insurance (Read 844 times)
OneEyeBlind
CH.com Hall of Famer

Yea, I can do this

x0|Marysville|USA||0|0|PA,Pennsylvania
Dual insurance
Apr 4th, 2010 at 7:14pm

Here's the deal.  I got insured on my own for scripts starting in January, but wasn't sure when that would kick in ... so I kept hubby's insurance (which I pay out of pocket for).  Anyways, I currently have two perscription plans ......... can I use both to fill for the same drug but not have the limitation of one insurance company affect the other. 

In other words ... my company limits me to two shots of imitrex.  Hubby's company limits me to two shots of imitrex.  Can I get four shots since I have two plans ????

One cannot step twice in the same river, for fresh waters are forever flowing around us.
topnoodle  
IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Re: Dual insurance
Reply #1 - Apr 4th, 2010 at 8:37pm

No clue.

Call 'em and ask.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Reply #2 - Apr 4th, 2010 at 9:42pm

One will act as a secondary policy that will pay only after the other has paid out.  You probably can, but laws in each state differ, so you will need to check with them to be sure.

Why don't you get oxygen.  You probably won't have to worry about the trex then.

Jerry

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end." Texas A&M Student (unknown)
Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Reply #3 - Apr 6th, 2010 at 2:52pm

The doc's office has a form they can send to the ins. co. telling them that "this is what I ordered and why! - now pay for the damn thing and quit trying to practice medicine!" 

But ya gotta get 'em to do it...  Kiss

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stronger!

IP Logged

OneEyeBlind
CH.com Hall of Famer

Yea, I can do this

x0|Marysville|USA||0|0|PA,Pennsylvania
Reply #4 - Apr 6th, 2010 at 3:56pm

Barb. they did that.  But when I called today to find out where they were with it, the girl on the phone told me to be patient ... you know, it takes a few days.  I hung up on her ........ guess I shouldn't have called right after getting hit with a good one.  I was still crying and thought .. omg, I can't do this.  My bad.  I see the doc tomorrow, so I'm gonna try and hold out with the 02 until then.  Then I'll just cry like a baby.  Smiley

One cannot step twice in the same river, for fresh waters are forever flowing around us.
topnoodle  
IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #5 - Apr 6th, 2010 at 4:30pm

Hit your doc up for as many samples as he/she can part with.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

FramCire
CH.com Alumnus

Life like a froward child
must be humored a little

Bolivar, MO USA
Reply #6 - Apr 6th, 2010 at 7:48pm

Brew wrote on Apr 6th, 2010 at 4:30pm:
Hit your doc up for as many samples as he/she can part with.

In the past Imitrex inj, maxalt mlt, and now the air injection triptan have all been sampled.  ALSO, if your Primary Care Physician has a decent relationship with a Merck rep, you might be able to get a coupon or two for discount or free Maxalt MLT.

You need to ask and have a CH friendly doc!

You've overstayed your welcome since the day we met but it doesn't seem to matter to you.  No medications are your master, nothing makes you fret, it's a helpless feeling having nothing I can do

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!