Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
MRI tonight; now I'm worried (Read 808 times)
Mike Bernardo
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Chesterfield, NJ
MRI tonight; now I'm worried
Apr 2nd, 2010 at 10:53pm

110 days straight (except for a 4 day and 3 day remission during that time) of bad headaches. I was pretty sure it was CH, so I was ok, went to the doctor, ok, ordered the MRI, prescribed meds, OK. SO tonight I go for the MRI, and all of a sudden I'm worried if anything else is wrong. I know it's irrational, but I can't help. I have to try and enjoy my weekend until the results on Monday, I'm sure it's nothing, but....

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Re: MRI tonight; now I'm worried
Reply #1 - Apr 2nd, 2010 at 11:13pm

Relax, dude.

Is there anything you can do to change the results?

Calm yourself.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

OneEyeBlind
CH.com Hall of Famer

Yea, I can do this

x0|Marysville|USA||0|0|PA,Pennsylvania
Reply #2 - Apr 2nd, 2010 at 11:19pm

Yup, you can't do anything to change the results ...... so sit back and relax.  Well, maybe don't relax ... ya might get a headache.  Smiley

One cannot step twice in the same river, for fresh waters are forever flowing around us.
topnoodle  
IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #3 - Apr 2nd, 2010 at 11:27pm

Easier said then done I know but Brew said it.....aint no changing the results.

This sounds really sick....but I'll be praying it's just CH. Wink Will be waiting the news on Monday.

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Mike Bernardo
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Chesterfield, NJ
Reply #4 - Apr 2nd, 2010 at 11:31pm

Thanks all. I'm not flipping out or anything. Just that I don't usually think about it until the moment comes. It's actually good I didn't worry about it to now. It's not my style really. I just deal with what is. So now, I have nothing to deal with until I find out Monday (except this freakin' headache!!) Took my Pred, took my Topamax, gonna take a  hit of O2 and off to bed.

IP Logged

neuropath
CH.com Veteran

Same Hit, Different Day

Reply #5 - Apr 3rd, 2010 at 7:51am

I think it's rational to be worried. Totally normal. Because MRI is meant to send this signal.

On the other hand, yours was ordered NOT because they think something else is wrong, but because they have to tick the box that nothing else is.

On Monday, you will tick the box and move on.

Until then, relax!

IP Logged

angela40
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #6 - Apr 3rd, 2010 at 10:41am

Mike,
I think it is perfectly normal to be worried. I was positive my diagnosis of cluster headaches was accurate but when the doc ordered an MRI, I was very nervous. When you are having these, it is hard to comprehend that there isnt something bad wrong with your brain.

Try to relax. I think the stress of the MRI results caused my headaches to worsen. I had the worst one of my life the night before the MRI. Any docter worth their weight would order an MRI just to be sure.

Best of luck to you!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!