Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Does this happen to anyone? (Read 873 times)
Mike Bernardo
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Chesterfield, NJ
Does this happen to anyone?
Apr 1st, 2010 at 11:52pm

I think I'm in my first cycle, started in late December, peaked in January, and has been on a very slow decline. Even had some days where I thought it was gone. I'm thinking it may have been two or more cycles back to back based on my symptoms. Anyway, the nighttime willies woke me up nearly every night. I'm tired. So now, I notice I just wake up, and feel like the pain just exited, but I never really feel the bad pain. I think I'm so groggy, I dont' realize the bad pain, but it just wakes me up. Anyone else have this happen?

IP Logged

coach_bill
CH.com Hall of Famer

"Dont expect me to lay
down for this"

x0|euclid|USA||0|0|OH,Ohio
Re: Does this happen to anyone?
Reply #1 - Apr 2nd, 2010 at 12:08am

Hello,

I wake many times a night anyway.  Do u wake at the same time as when u were get those willys??
Could be the endeing of the cycle??

Coach Bill

boy i cant wait till it's my turn to give him a headache. paybacks a bitch
IP Logged

Mike Bernardo
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Chesterfield, NJ
Reply #2 - Apr 2nd, 2010 at 12:12am

When I wake up, it's not just a wake up, it's almost always accompanied by that, what I describe as, residual headache pain I usually get after those severe headaches. I'm also a heavy sleeper; basically, if you punched me in the face in my sleep, I'd wake up and be in pain,  but never know you punched me; if that makes sense.

IP Logged

Scorpion
CH.com Junior

lemons to lemonade

KCMO
Reply #3 - Apr 2nd, 2010 at 4:49pm

Yep. When I'm ending a cycle, I often wake after 2 hours of sleep feeling like I had a hit in my sleep. Then two hours later, I just wake up for no good reason, no pain, nothing.

Have you tried melatonin?

john

Life's a garden, dig it.

IP Logged

burnt-toast
CH.com Hall of Famer

economy|USA|PA
Reply #4 - Apr 2nd, 2010 at 10:13pm

I've reasonably addressed this issue with a prescription for Ambien.  It won't block night attacks, it just makes me drowsy enough to quickly return to sleep between attacks.  Additionally it helps me gain sleep when my body's clock has become too accustomed to waking during those hours that attacks normally occur.    My only observation - if you take it less than 4 hours before you have to get up it can make you feel a little groggy.

Discuss this option with your doctor.  It has been a blessing for me in that it helps me obtain much needed sleep without the drug becoming a requirement for sleep.

burnt-toast
(Tom)   

Would the owner of the propane torch, egg beater, pipe expander and vise grips please claim these items. They're lodged in my head and I need the space.

IP Logged

Mike Bernardo
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Chesterfield, NJ
Reply #5 - Apr 2nd, 2010 at 10:50pm

Thanks for the tip. I will ask him when I go back in 6 weeks if the beast is not back in his cage by then. If it's still really bad in 2 weeks, I'll just call him.

IP Logged

George
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Black-Billed Magpie

Boise, Idaho USA
Reply #6 - Apr 3rd, 2010 at 12:51am

I suspect that your cycle is on its way out.

After a CH cycle has run its course, I frequently wake up--briefly--during every period of REM sleep throughout the night.  This pattern usually lasts a few weeks, then goes away.

REM sleep is typically when I get hit. 

Whether the after-cycle waking is caused by some internal CH-related mechanism that has not yet run its course even though the cycle has ended, or whether it's simply that I'm "gunshy" of sleep after 6 weeks of purgatory, I don't know.

YMMV.

Best,

George

"Whoever loveth me, loveth my hound."  (Thomas More, author of "Utopia", and Chancellor of England.  1477-1535)
WWW George jacox6820 7165032563  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!