Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Hey everybody! 30 year old male with 3rd go-around (Read 2218 times)
macjob79
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Hey everybody! 30 year old male with 3rd go-around
Mar 24th, 2010 at 12:14pm

Hi Guys/Gals, My name is Mike. I'm so happy I've come across this website! Reading some of the stories actually brought tears to my eyes because I've never met another person who suffers from what we suffer from. I live in the North Shore of Massachusetts.

I first was attacked by cluster headaches when I was 22, and I had no idea what was happening. For a few months, all I could do was cry in my mother's arms every night. Sounds sad, but there wasn't much else to do. No medication helped at the time. No immitrex, percs, vics, nothing.

Then when I was 26 they came back for a second time, this time I was married and my wife was in shock as to how much pain I would have to go through. Again, I had no treatments or medication to help and had to suffer through several weeks of this ridiculous pain.

Well, now I'm 30, single, and they've come back again. Determined to figure out a way to beat these things, I came across a remedy that most people laugh at, but as you guys know, we get pretty desperate for anything to stop the pain. Thanks to wikipedia (and I know a lot of the stuff isn't necessarily true on there), they recommended sex, in particular an orgasm, to kill the pain. Intrigued as to how this worked, I read a little more and figured I'd at least try it. I started getting the attacks 10 days ago. I've had (est.) 40 or so attacks in those 10 days, and I've only had to suffer through 2 of them. I've nabbed almost every single one just a few minutes into it by masturbating. I'm kind of embarrassed to say it. But if it helped me, it has to be able to help others.

It takes your mind away from the pain and focuses on another part of your body, which is what difuses the pain. My friends that know of it make fun of me (in a friendly way), but I can guarantee if it was their only option, they'd be doing the same thing.

I'm glad to meet and hopefully talk with some of you going forward. Clusters are such a terrible thing to suffer from, it's nice to know there are people who are here to support.

Thanks,
Mike

Sorry if any of that sounds perverted, it's not meant to.

IP Logged

Potter
CH.com Alumnus

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky
Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

Blgs.Mt.
Re: Hey everybody! 30 year old male with 3rd go-around
Reply #1 - Mar 24th, 2010 at 12:30pm

I guess this gives meaning to " There I was with my dick in my hand"

Oxygen is actually the preferred method for aborting these headaches.

Potter

IP Logged

shaggyparasol
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Portland, OR
Reply #2 - Mar 24th, 2010 at 12:59pm

Well, Mike I can honestly say that oxygen is not my preferred method.  Your technique, which I have had success with seems more compelling to me than being hooked up to a tank and wearing a funny mask Wink (and a wink it is!)

I read a similar post during my last cycle, tried it and there were times when sex etc (because our friends aren't always around when we need them) seems to push away the oncoming attack.  To me it is like caffeine or cold air or whatever; one more tool in the toolbox, or as I like to say "one more missile in my silo". 

And maybe the world would be a better place if we all had more sex and were less caffeinated?  I can't prove that, just a feeling.  I am reconfiguring my bedroom with a coffee maker, oxygen tank (with all the attachments), redbull fridge, ice cube maker, shower, treadmill, growbags and bunk beds so I can have friends stay over just in case they are needed! Smiley

To be serious, it has worked for me.

--Shaggy

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #3 - Mar 24th, 2010 at 1:15pm

Don't worry about taboo topics...between Verapamil making us constipated and causing erectile Dysfunction for some....masturbation/sex/orgasm working as abortives....there's not much we're afraid to talk about!!!!

Do look into oxygen. I tried to convince my wife that frequent sex would possibly eliminate my CH.....she assisted me in obtaining 02!!!!! Now after 31 years of these damned things I no longer have to fear them. 6-10 minutes on the 02 and that bad boy is gone. Do take the time to read the oxygen info link on the left and give it a shot.

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

neuropath
CH.com Veteran

Same Hit, Different Day

Reply #4 - Mar 24th, 2010 at 2:04pm

macjob79 wrote on Mar 24th, 2010 at 12:14pm:
they recommended sex, in particular an orgasm, to kill the pain. Intrigued as to how this worked, I read a little more and figured I'd at least try it.

The actual process is rather straightforward and has been practiced by most mammals since the stone ages. Notwithstanding, I was sorry to hear that it has taken you 30 years to get started...Wink

It's less a case of "taking your mind away from the pain" than it is a case of your hypothalamus overriding your serotonin levels after an orgasm. The specific chemical process is (as always) complicated, but in a nutshell you are giving yourself an "Imitrex Shot".

No taboo topics here; It's helping you, it is helping many others, its certainly holistic and other than blisters I am not aware of too many side effects.

Wishing you many PF days.

IP Logged

bejeeber
CH.com Hall of Famer

Gnashville
Reply #5 - Mar 24th, 2010 at 3:53pm

Guiseppi wrote on Mar 24th, 2010 at 1:15pm:
I tried to convince my wife that frequent sex would possibly eliminate my CH.....she assisted me in obtaining 02!!!!!

Good one.  Grin

CH according to Bejeeber:

Strictly relying on doctors for CH treatment is often a prescription that will keep you in a whole lot of PAIN. Doctors are WAY behind in many respects, and they are usually completely unaware of the benefits of high flow 100% O2.

There are lots of effective treatments documented at this site. Take matters into your own hands, learn as much as you can here and at clusterbusters.com, put it into practice, then tell this CH beast Jeebs said hello right before you bash him so hard with a swift uppercut knockout punch that his stupid horns go flinging right off.
bejeeber bejeeber Enter your address line 1 here  
IP Logged

coach_bill
CH.com Hall of Famer

"Dont expect me to lay
down for this"

x0|euclid|USA||0|0|OH,Ohio
Reply #6 - Mar 24th, 2010 at 10:16pm

Welcome,

You know, I would drink a gallon of cat piss if it would make them stop.

Your idea sounds alot better, and your not the 1st i have read about getting success with that, But there is no way i would be able to pull that off (lol).

But i do respect the way you took matters into your own hands... Cool Embarrassed

coach Bill

boy i cant wait till it's my turn to give him a headache. paybacks a bitch
IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #7 - Mar 24th, 2010 at 11:35pm

Mommy says you'll go blind....just saying!! Grin

IP Logged

macjob79
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #8 - Mar 25th, 2010 at 8:43am

Hahaha! You guys are great, and funny! That made me laugh. Being up from 1am-4am last night pacing in the streets of my neighborhood didn't make me laugh though. Sometimes it just doesn't work.

I need to get my hands on one of those oxygen tanks.

IP Logged

Dollyhair
CH.com Newbie

I Love 02!

Reply #9 - Mar 25th, 2010 at 8:55am

Hi Mike,

Shame you don't live in England.................maybe you could have asked for a "Lady Friend" on the NHS  Cheesy

On a serious note, my partner mentioned a few months ago that when we have sex I don't seem to get a h/a. Still good to have 02 though!

Take care

Caron

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #10 - Mar 25th, 2010 at 10:38am

I hate to start sounding like a tape recorder but yeah, get your mitts on some 02. It's had an incredible effect on the quality of life for the majority of people who try it. With the lack of side effects it's a no brainer to give it a shot. Wishing you luck and some pain free time. These things suck! Wink

Joe

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!