Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Acid reflux (Read 6870 times)
didgens
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Re: Acid reflux
Reply #25 - Aug 15th, 2014 at 11:59am

also note there are many types of acid inhibitors and not every one works for everyone. TUMS did nothing for my son, but generic Mylanta does ,,,  Zantac, etc did nothing for me .. Nexium for 3 months did (I have esophageal erosion).  Some are PPI's (proton pump inhibitors) others are  H2 blockers ,, there are so many on the market because its not a one size fits all ,, why I dunno.  I do know that Nexium is now over the counter ,, expensive yes but you don't need a prescription for it anymore.   I will continue to watch my son closely.   

IP Logged

didgens
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Reply #26 - Aug 15th, 2014 at 12:06pm

I would also like to add my 2 cents worth ( I think I have already put in many dollars .. sorry and thanks for listening  Smiley)  In a study that's posted on another topic here Clusters were recreated by having participants inhale Nitro Glycerin. This indicated to me that something causing inflammation in the sinus cavitiy stimulates the Sphenopalatine ganglion or the Nasociliary ganglion causing inflammation and hence CH's or an otherwise like condition called Charlin's syndrome (you can google this).  I believe that the CH or Charlins brought upon an hour or so after sleeping might indicate acid reflux upon reclining reaching the back of the throat causing this inflammation.  I also belive the the seasonal CH's experienced while awake are caused by the inhalation of whatever grows in a specific area at that time of year and an allergic reaction to it.  My son rarely gets a CH when awake. Almost always they come 1 - 1.5 hours after laying down.  I am going to however have his blood serum testing for possible allergies  (also note along with the reflux/headaches for him comes much Hay Fever and sneezing).  I am continually reading trying to look at all symptoms until it all comes together and makes some kind of sense.. thanks for listening !! again

IP Logged

didgens
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Reply #27 - Aug 15th, 2014 at 12:08pm

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

feisty
CH.com Veteran

west coast, BC, Canada
Reply #28 - Aug 15th, 2014 at 5:45pm

didgens wrote on Aug 15th, 2014 at 11:54am:
HI Batch ,, yes I was wonder about the Mag ..

You could try a high quality magnesium supplement like this instead of the aluminum-containing Mylanta...
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Smiley wife of 48 year old husband who suffers from episodic CH ~ Batch's Anti-Inflammatory Regimen works!

IP Logged

didgens
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Reply #29 - Aug 20th, 2014 at 5:50pm

my goal was to reduce my sons acid reflux symptoms. Not sure a supplement would do the trick.  hes "out" of his longest cluster-ish phase right now so will have to wait till next go-round and experiment some more.. one step up and 2 steps back eh ?

IP Logged

Shakey
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Slovenia
Reply #30 - Aug 21st, 2014 at 8:05am

I was wondering about this for quite some time.

Interesting, after a 1 year cycle I had an ulkus perforation and immediately became completely pain free for around 4 months. Then the headaches returned.

IP Logged

didgens
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Reply #31 - Aug 21st, 2014 at 2:25pm

English translation is peptic ulcer ..

how was it treated ??

IP Logged

chait
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #32 - Jun 11th, 2015 at 2:19pm

About 4-5 years ago during one of my cycles, I noticed that whenever I took an antacid at night, I didn't get an attack the next morning. I was convinced that I had found the cure and sailed through that particular cycle smoothly. Only for the beast to have 'adapted' and return 6 months later with antacids having no effect.  PS - I was using an antacid syrup containing Aluminium Hydroxide (no magnesium in it as far as i can remember) and omeprazole 20 mg, about an hour before going to bed.

IP Logged

LasVegas
CH.com Sponsor

Episodic CH since 11 yrs
old, now 50.

north of the 60th parallel
Reply #33 - Jun 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm

My acid reflux is so bad that it created an ulcer on my esophagus. Had to go to the hospital last month after coughing up blood for three days. Lots of annoying tests with anesthesia resulted in acid reflux as the culprit.

Pain free since Fall 2011 thanks to Batch's vitamin regimen. I would take acid reflux over CH's anyday of the year!

Wishing everybody at CH.com less pain w/ more productivity in their lives in 2019

IP Logged

maz
CH.com Hall of Famer

I Love CH.com!

Hampshire, England
Reply #34 - Jun 12th, 2015 at 1:12pm

This is really interesting. My neuro asked me if I have acid reflux (I do, but not badly),  and I was puzzled but I didn't think to ask what the connection was.

IP Logged

JF
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #35 - Jun 12th, 2015 at 9:36pm

Interesting. I have always had acid reflux for has long has I can remember. Better nutrition and knowing what triggers my acid reflux (wheat, gluten, red meat, alcohol etc...) has helped me over the years to keep it under control.

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #36 - Jun 12th, 2015 at 11:02pm

Dr. Mercola has an excellent article on acid reflux and how to treat it at home.

See: Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

He suggests diets containing whole foods, probiotics, fermented vegetables like sauerkraut and kimchi as well as simple things like baking soda, cultured dairy, such as yoghurt, kefir, sour cream and of course, raw unprocessed apple cider.

It's a great read...

Take care,

V/R, Batch

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

Isto
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #37 - Jun 14th, 2015 at 3:41am

This is Interesting!
Too low acid levels in stomac allows acetium producing microbes to live...and it has been reported that for some people acetium (acetaldehyde blocker) helps for acid reflux...
...makes one wonder...

IP Logged

neuropath
CH.com Veteran

Same Hit, Different Day

Reply #38 - Jun 24th, 2015 at 9:32am

chronic gastritis for years.

I am convinced that there is some relationship between acidity levels and primary headaches.

Diet, water, smoking, coffee, fat, processed food.

I live in China and if you go to a TCM doctor they will tell you that they treat headaches as a stomach ailment. Maybe they have a point after all.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!