Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Not Happy!! (Read 928 times)
Dollyhair
CH.com Newbie

I Love 02!

Not Happy!!
Mar 19th, 2010 at 12:08pm

After quite a few weeks of being PF, I woke this morning to a C/H, luckily my 02 was to hand and aborted it very quickly. Maybe the bottle of red I had the other evening didn't help!! Here's hoping it was a 1 off.

Take Care
Caron

IP Logged

Lefty
CH.com Alumnus

Re: Not Happy!!
Reply #1 - Mar 19th, 2010 at 12:23pm

Quote:
Here's hoping it was a 1 off.

The bottle of red or the CH... Undecided

Caron, I normally get hit straight after I've had a drink.

Lefty

"When money's tight and is hard to get
And your horse has also ran,
When all you have is a heap of debt
A PINT OF PLAIN IS YOUR ONLY MAN."
— Flann O'Brien

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #2 - Mar 19th, 2010 at 2:45pm

Lefty is correct.  Alcohol triggering a hit wouldn't wait for a few days.  You'd feel it right away. 

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

coach_bill
CH.com Hall of Famer

"Dont expect me to lay
down for this"

x0|euclid|USA||0|0|OH,Ohio
Reply #3 - Mar 19th, 2010 at 10:25pm

I dont know why i seem to be a exception to this rule, but having a drink or 2 has never triggered a cluster for me. I've had orange juice trigger a hit, But never a beer.

Just lucky i guess.  Coach Bill

boy i cant wait till it's my turn to give him a headache. paybacks a bitch
IP Logged

Megan102
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Rogers, Arkansas
Reply #4 - Mar 20th, 2010 at 12:07pm

I wasn't going to post anywhere until I'd first posted in the "getting to know ya" thread after my husbands first  appointment with a neurologist next week. But this comment about orange juice and others about ph levels have me curious.  If my husband had to pinpoint one thing that he thinks could have set off this cycle (but not a headache) it's the fact he was drinking alot more orange juice than he usually did.

I don't see a lot posted about this, but I am interested in anything anyone has to say about it.  One thing I've learned from reading here is that everyone is different and it could pay off to follow any/all clues...

IP Logged

sch
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Austin, TX
Reply #5 - Mar 20th, 2010 at 11:57pm

I would not think oj would be a trigger or have anything to do with starting a cycle. We are all different though and experience is what is.

I was really intrigued by Batch's recent post about blood ph levels. Fruit juices were mentioned as one of the best alkaline forming foods. Quite a few of us are on the acidic side of a healthy ph. Batch went on to say that he drinks juice and takes alkaline forming supplements to one:  reap the healthy benefits of such a regimen and, two:  to keep his arterial blood ph as close to neutral as possible to affect a quicker abort with 02.

Anyway, fruit juices are generally good for CH.

IP Logged

Megan102
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Rogers, Arkansas
Reply #6 - Mar 21st, 2010 at 9:34am

I'd always considered citrus to be acidic.  I'm kind of overwhelmed at this point and hadn't followed through on this until now.

I found this which clears up some of my confusion.

"Please note that some foods, such as citrus fruits, have an acid pH before they are consumed and but they usually leave an alkaline residue in the body after they have been metabolized. Sorry to spell this out twice, but I get a lot of emails on this topic."

I forgot to mention that he felt like drinking a glass of lemonade triggered a ha.

He isn't even convinced himself that the oj/lemonade caused anything, but he is avoiding them now. 

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!