Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
My Classic CH Symptom (Read 484 times)
Jason
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

College Grove, TN
My Classic CH Symptom
Mar 19th, 2010 at 10:34am

Usually, the first clue that I'm in cycle...even before the headaches fire up....is a marked rise in my BP. Similarly, I can tell when the cycles are going to stop because it mirrors my BP returning to it's "normal" range.  I've followed this closely for the past four cycles and it's never failed to predict either the onset or the end of my cluster cycles.

Out of cycle BP = 110/65 to 110/70

In cycle BP = 120/80 and above. Anything over 80 means that I'm in cycle.

Given this morning's reading, (combined with three headaches last night) I'd say I'm still very much "in cycle". Sad

Anybody else out there notice this and if so, thoughts on what it means ?

IP Logged

Karla
CH.com Alumnus

One of Many and Never
Alone - Join OUCH

x1|Madison WI USA
Re: My Classic CH Symptom
Reply #1 - Mar 19th, 2010 at 11:58am

I had normal blood pressure until I started getting cluster headaches.  Then it shot up to like 150/90.  Mine gets really high.  My dr was amazed how it would go up and down depending on if I was getting hit or not.  Since I get hit more often than not and am chronic I was put on lisinopril for high blood pressure and that took care of the problem.

Karla&&suffer chronic ch &&ch.com groupie since 1999&&Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
Karlak_1313  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!