Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
my ch's suddenly disappeared five years ago. (Read 1183 times)
utrocketgrad1994
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

my ch's suddenly disappeared five years ago.
Mar 16th, 2010 at 7:11pm

Hi,my name is John and I am from Michigan. My ch's began suddenly around age 22 and I would get them twice a year, not always the same time. I have had them in all four seasons. I didn't know what the hell they were as I had never experienced headaches prior to this. I found out the hard way after consuming beer during a cluster period. Believe it or not, after a few years of ch's I would drink a few beers during a cluster just to get the headache out of the way. I usually got three headaches a day, two during the day and one during the night, usually about two hours after falling asleep. The one positive of the ones that woke me up was it was at the highest pain point so it usually lasted 20-30 minutes and then I would pass out. my eye watered and was bloodshot, the same side nostril was stuffed up. I found myself pacing pressing my palm into my eye, and couldnt help myself but kept saying "ow" repeatedly. Sometimes a warm washcloth, other times a cold washcloth pressed against my temple and eye would relieve the throbbing. I lived through these excrutiating headaches for 17 years and they suddenly disappeared 5 years ago. I never used any medications and went to the doctor once. I tried tylenol when they first began but as we all know pills are ineffective. I occasionaly feel a twinge in my temple just like I experienced at the onset of a ch. I just pray these dont appear again. I empathise with all ch sufferes and hopefully yours will disappear too.

IP Logged

coach_bill
CH.com Hall of Famer

"Dont expect me to lay
down for this"

x0|euclid|USA||0|0|OH,Ohio
Re: my ch's suddenly disappeared five years ago.
Reply #1 - Mar 16th, 2010 at 11:54pm

The one thing i have found out about clusters, as i can call myself a "cluster expert" is. THEY ALWAYS COME BACK!!!.     ALWAYS!!!!!

Coach Bill

boy i cant wait till it's my turn to give him a headache. paybacks a bitch
IP Logged

anthony g
CH.com Old Timer

I Love CH.com!

manhattan nyc
Reply #2 - Mar 17th, 2010 at 7:18am

Something to be said about what coach bill said I am currently in cycle for 3 months now my second cycle ever my first one was 11 years ago!! So took 11 years to come back but the "beast" came back!

IP Logged

LasVegas
CH.com Sponsor

Episodic CH since 11 yrs
old, now 50.

north of the 60th parallel
Reply #3 - Mar 20th, 2010 at 11:33pm

some are able to predict when there cycle will begin due to past years, etc.  others go into long remissions, as noted above 11 yrs wow.  I have been in remission for over 4 yrs which is the longest remission I have had in my unfortunate 30 yrs of episodic CH's.  I think it's always best to be prepared just in case the beast decides to return.  This board provides new research and development daily.  Wise to keep yourself informed as best as possible and learn to grin and bear it so to say, as CH's are just a part of our lives that we have no say as to when they will start/stop cycles.  I believe in the philosophy of "prepare for the worst and pray for the best".  PF wishes to you

Wishing everybody at CH.com less pain w/ more productivity in their lives in 2019

IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Reply #4 - Mar 25th, 2010 at 9:02pm

I hope they never return, but I would caution you to read up on developments on here and prepare yourself.  It is better to be prepared and never need it than to get it back and wish you were.

Just had a 28hr break!  It was great!

Jerry

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end." Texas A&M Student (unknown)
Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

LasVegas
CH.com Sponsor

Episodic CH since 11 yrs
old, now 50.

north of the 60th parallel
Reply #5 - Mar 25th, 2010 at 9:07pm

I agree with Jerry, despite my almost 5 yr remission I am consistently on this message board everyday learning something or helping others.

Wishing everybody at CH.com less pain w/ more productivity in their lives in 2019

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!