Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
What's with all the english bums around here? (Read 3749 times)
bejeeber
CH.com Hall of Famer

Gnashville
What's with all the english bums around here?
Mar 11th, 2010 at 10:02pm

Hmmm actually I probably shouldn't use term "bums", because it has a different connotation in the UK than it does in the US doesn't it?  Cheesy

I've just noticed plenty of English folk over there in the Getting To Know Ya forum lately and it made me wonder if people of that anglo saxony kinda heritage are more prone to CH?

I'm of half english half irish ancestry myself - that largely accounts for why I think I might be able to get away with the manner in which I am bringing this up.  Cool

Aw it's probably just because there isn't an equivalent forum based in the UK, and this has become a sort of universal one for english speakers. Still doesn't it seem like a pretty high percentage of Brits hanging about?

I was going to title this topic "What's with all the bloody english bums stinkin' up the joint here?". Would that have been better?  Grin
« Last Edit: Mar 11th, 2010 at 10:13pm by bejeeber »  

CH according to Bejeeber:

Strictly relying on doctors for CH treatment is often a prescription that will keep you in a whole lot of PAIN. Doctors are WAY behind in many respects, and they are usually completely unaware of the benefits of high flow 100% O2.

There are lots of effective treatments documented at this site. Take matters into your own hands, learn as much as you can here and at clusterbusters.com, put it into practice, then tell this CH beast Jeebs said hello right before you bash him so hard with a swift uppercut knockout punch that his stupid horns go flinging right off.
bejeeber bejeeber Enter your address line 1 here  
IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Re: What's with all the english bums around here?
Reply #1 - Mar 11th, 2010 at 10:32pm

Simply this: Two cultures separated by a common language.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

Redd
CH.com Sponsor

Stevens Point USA Wisconsin
Reply #2 - Mar 11th, 2010 at 10:45pm

As much as it sometimes seems us Anglo's have the lions share of the CH affliction, our own Lady Love aka Ruthie would seem to sway all the odds being she is 1) female and 2) of African decent. 

No matter what "correlations" we try to make, there are always those among us who defy the curve. 

"The goal of life living in agreement with Nature."  ~Zeno
peggflick ma_2_2  
IP Logged

black
CH.com Old Timer

I Love CH.com!

Greece,Athens
Reply #3 - Mar 12th, 2010 at 7:29am

as far as i remember this is a
worldwide ch support group...

Oh come on!it's just water.It can't be that bad!

IP Logged

haylz
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

liverpool
Reply #4 - Mar 12th, 2010 at 9:03am

Arn't there people from all cultures on here? and at the end of the day the more people that use the sight the better, cluster headaches then will be a more recognised 'illness' across the world. We are all in the same boat here whether were from England the U.S or Mars.

IP Logged

Chad
CH.com Hall of Famer

Emmaus, PA
Reply #5 - Mar 12th, 2010 at 10:57am

I maybe from the states, but i'm and English football fan by heart Smiley

As others said, this is a worldwide support group.

When the PAIN starts, I FIGHT back!

Rivea Corymbosa seeds were my KO punch, now D3 is the front runner!

IP Logged

bejeeber
CH.com Hall of Famer

Gnashville
Reply #6 - Mar 12th, 2010 at 11:56am

Well it certainly is in everyone's best interest to have a central pooling of info and interaction, so I sure am glad we have such a place here. The more international/worldwide, the better, I ADMIT, and I see no reason for this site to be US-centric.

(Realizing though that somtimes a site is considered predominantly either US based or UK based,  such as with ouch-us.org and ouchuk.org)

I'm also one to cringe mightily when international contributors who are speaking english as a second language are chastised on forums by americans for not having a great command of english grammar, when most of us here (shamefully myself included) only speak one language.  Sad I haven't seen anyone doing that on this forum thankfully.

So besides raising the question of whether Brits are more prone to CH, I guess I just felt like getting a rise out of some english folk -  so many english bums, so many bloody english bums.  Wink

« Last Edit: Mar 12th, 2010 at 2:51pm by bejeeber »  

Strictly relying on doctors for CH treatment is often a prescription that will keep you in a whole lot of PAIN. Doctors are WAY behind in many respects, and they are usually completely unaware of the benefits of high flow 100% O2.

There are lots of effective treatments documented at this site. Take matters into your own hands, learn as much as you can here and at clusterbusters.com, put it into practice, then tell this CH beast Jeebs said hello right before you bash him so hard with a swift uppercut knockout punch that his stupid horns go flinging right off.
IP Logged

haylz
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

liverpool
Reply #7 - Mar 12th, 2010 at 1:29pm

well I'm glad your amused. I'm don't realy mind you saying things like that because i get constantly pissed off about the polish immigrating to our country. but people come here looking 4 advice and support and your not much help there realy are you.

IP Logged

bejeeber
CH.com Hall of Famer

Gnashville
Reply #8 - Mar 12th, 2010 at 1:56pm

Hey sometimes I'm helpful - I've actually responded to your posts a few times Haylz, and PM'd you, always with specific advice about how to beat back this bad episode you're experiencing, and I hope you will take it seriously, and one or more of the ideas offered will help you.

Sorry if it isn't clear that I was attempting some good natured ribbing with this post. Maybe people suffering the worst pain known to mankind aren't the most receptive audience for that.  Shocked

May I just insert a little reminder here that I am personally 50% english?  Smiley

So you're constantly pissed off about the Polish immigrating to your country? Hmmm I'm not pissed off about people immigrating to the US....sheesh it's a complicated world isn't it?

IP Logged

haylz
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

liverpool
Reply #9 - Mar 12th, 2010 at 2:04pm

yes i do get pissed of because of the polish. We are in a recession and polish people are getting picked for jobs over English people in a lot of cases I've seen it first hand, but that's a whole different kettle of fish.

I have thanked you for your help and i am very appreciative, but the point i was trying to get across is that some people (new to this website) might take that the wrong way and take a different impression of this site than what was initially intended.

trust me id much rather be in America right now myself

IP Logged

Potter
CH.com Alumnus

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky
Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

Blgs.Mt.
Reply #10 - Mar 12th, 2010 at 2:09pm

I'm Polish.

Potter

IP Logged

Dollyhair
CH.com Newbie

I Love 02!

Reply #11 - Mar 12th, 2010 at 2:20pm

Yes, there is an equivalent forum in England called OUCH!!

IP Logged

bejeeber
CH.com Hall of Famer

Gnashville
Reply #12 - Mar 12th, 2010 at 2:27pm

This is getting SO complicated.  Cheesy  On so many levels.  Shocked  Wow.  Huh

Apologies to the OUCH UK forum for insinuating no such thing existed. I've had an Ouch US member come to my aid and help me in a very significant way thru an episode (and then I joined Ouch US myself!), so I'm the last one who should be dishing out those kinda ignorant slights.  Embarrassed

This may not be the biggest hole I've ever dug for myself around here, or biggest firestorm I've created, but it's starting to become kind of a biggie!  Grin
« Last Edit: Mar 12th, 2010 at 5:11pm by bejeeber »  

IP Logged

haylz
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

liverpool
Reply #13 - Mar 12th, 2010 at 2:28pm

Well i could of guessed that potter because u seem to have a big problem with me. OK i din't no there was an English version of this site. But at the end of the day were all suffering from this problem so what's the point in getting arsey about the amount of English people on here. There isn't a point. I don't say to someone well your ugly, or old so i don't think you should be on this site who gives a fuck. Like i said we are on here for one reason only cluster headaches so you should bear that in mind!

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #14 - Mar 12th, 2010 at 3:13pm

What a fucked up thread.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

Arde
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Dayton, TX.
Reply #15 - Mar 12th, 2010 at 3:19pm

Brew wrote on Mar 12th, 2010 at 3:13pm:
What a fucked up thread.

LOL,  Maybe we need an 'Insults Thread'. They've been known to be popular elsewhere, but I won't be starting it.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Chad
CH.com Hall of Famer

Emmaus, PA
Reply #16 - Mar 12th, 2010 at 3:56pm

I think it's time to pull out the peace pipe fellas  Smiley Smiley Smiley

When the PAIN starts, I FIGHT back!

Rivea Corymbosa seeds were my KO punch, now D3 is the front runner!

IP Logged

Racer1_NC
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

"Well, let's go see."

Lewisville, NC
Reply #17 - Mar 12th, 2010 at 4:33pm

Easy folks.......EVERYONE is welcome here.  Smiley

“We see what we believe, not the other way around." — Varga
Racer1_NC  
IP Logged

Potter
CH.com Alumnus

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky
Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

Blgs.Mt.
Reply #18 - Mar 12th, 2010 at 4:43pm

haylz wrote on Mar 12th, 2010 at 2:28pm:
Well i could of guessed that potter because u seem to have a big problem with me. OK i din't no there was an English version of this site. But at the end of the day were all suffering from this problem so what's the point in getting arsey about the amount of English people on here. There isn't a point. I don't say to someone well your ugly, or old so i don't think you should be on this site who gives a fuck. Like i said we are on here for one reason only cluster headaches so you should bear that in mind!

Nope, no problem at all never did.  I told you to be proactive and from reading your posts I can see that you are still whining about poor ole you and how nobody listens to you.
I'm still Polish.

Potter

IP Logged

bejeeber
CH.com Hall of Famer

Gnashville
Reply #19 - Mar 12th, 2010 at 5:26pm

Chad wrote on Mar 12th, 2010 at 3:56pm:
I think it's time to pull out the peace pipe fellas  Smiley Smiley Smiley

OK I just took a couple puffs.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Headache Boy uk
CH.com Old Timer

Matthew ch 11 v 28

Mersea Island nr Colchester
Reply #20 - Mar 12th, 2010 at 8:19pm

bloody yanks......oops sorry was that out loud Grin
may be so many of us Brits are here cos you are all fab and have this wonderful free to join forum unlike ouch uk who charge "from as little as £10.00 "
sorry not wanting to discredit ouch but it seemed strange to me to have a charity that charges the people it's trying to help.
or may be we're all just too tight  Cheesy

Nigel

You can't speak a kind word too soon, For you never know how soon it will be too late.

Some people cause happyness wherever they go, others whenever they go

IP Logged

haylz
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

liverpool
Reply #21 - Mar 13th, 2010 at 8:52am

potter wot the fuck is your problem. did i ever say poor old me?? NO! I've been through worse shit in my 21 years than u can even imagine. Ive been raped on numerous occasions and this time last year was in a violent relationship and have been diagnosed with cancer so don't u bother even trying to say poor old me. I never want sympathy all i want is to understand a little more about what i can do with my cluster headaches after all this is a support site were we ask for peoples help is it not?? Your not here to help people you just put them down. so don't think you no me because i have posted a few things on here because trust me love u DONT!

IP Logged

Lefty
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #22 - Mar 13th, 2010 at 9:12am

Apparently A new crisis in the middle East erupted today when Dubai t.v. refused to broadcast the  flinstones. A spokesman said " Dubai people don't understand the humour of the flinstones but those in Abu Dhabi do"

Lefty

"When money's tight and is hard to get
And your horse has also ran,
When all you have is a heap of debt
A PINT OF PLAIN IS YOUR ONLY MAN."
— Flann O'Brien

IP Logged

LasVegas
CH.com Sponsor

Episodic CH since 11 yrs
old, now 50.

north of the 60th parallel
Reply #23 - Mar 13th, 2010 at 10:44am

What's with all the MEN and the SMOKERS around here?  Wink

Wishing everybody at CH.com less pain w/ more productivity in their lives in 2019

IP Logged

Tortured  Tom
CH.com Junior

Oh look a headache; that's
orginal.

Near Blackpool
Reply #24 - Mar 15th, 2010 at 3:11pm

I read the title as what's with all the English Hobos around here  Wink

And the simple answer is it's larger than the ouchuk forum, therefore there is more information and you don't have to pay, not that I mind paying...

Tortured  Tom  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!