Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
What do you find helps most with CH? (Read 3648 times)
Joni
CH.com Old Timer

Knowledge is Power

Re: What do you find helps most with CH?
Reply #25 - Mar 20th, 2010 at 10:13pm

Check out the Imitrex Tip on the left, or get the new lower mg injections.  My neuro want precribe it for me until I get cardio testing, but I am 55 with a family history of heart disease.  Good luck!

Experience:  That most brutal of teachers.  But you learn, my God do you learn.  -C. S. Lewis

IP Logged

JustNotRight
CH.com Sponsor

CH version 15.0.8 member
since 2005 aka GingerS224

Wilkes-Barre, Pa (USA)
Reply #26 - Mar 20th, 2010 at 10:15pm

Been on Imitrex for 10+years, it still works for me and I haven't had any long term side affects from it yet.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
An eye for eye only ends up making the whole world blind.
M.K. Gandhi

If you are going through hell...Just keep going
WWW JustNotRight gngr.stewart GingerS224  
IP Logged

bejeeber
CH.com Hall of Famer

Gnashville
Reply #27 - Mar 20th, 2010 at 10:20pm

JennLynn,

Yes a neuro or any doc prescribes O2, and you get it from a medical supply place (they'll deliver it).

Or some people bypass the prescription and just get the same O2 at a welding supply place.

You gotta check out the imitrex tip Joni mentioned - it will enable you to get 2 to 3 times as many CH aborts for your $ and will lessen the risk of any side effects.

CH according to Bejeeber:

Strictly relying on doctors for CH treatment is often a prescription that will keep you in a whole lot of PAIN. Doctors are WAY behind in many respects, and they are usually completely unaware of the benefits of high flow 100% O2.

There are lots of effective treatments documented at this site. Take matters into your own hands, learn as much as you can here and at clusterbusters.com, put it into practice, then tell this CH beast Jeebs said hello right before you bash him so hard with a swift uppercut knockout punch that his stupid horns go flinging right off.
bejeeber bejeeber Enter your address line 1 here  
IP Logged

sch
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Austin, TX
Reply #28 - Mar 20th, 2010 at 10:23pm

It is good that you are interested enough in the disease to do a college paper on the subject. I thought it was a decent paper; all except for the last line.... "The majority of those who are afflicted treat their pain with either pain-medication or with pure oxygen."

The majority treat their acute attacks with 02 and triptans and not with pain medication. In my case I found that while in cycle narcotic pain medication had very little effect.

Also, while marijuana is used to treat chronic pain it is not recommended for treatment of CH, either acute or as a preventative. Marijuana is a fairly strong vasodilator.

IP Logged

Dollyhair
CH.com Newbie

I Love 02!

Reply #29 - Mar 21st, 2010 at 8:01am

02 for me!

Caron

IP Logged

-johnny-
CH.com Sponsor

theres no smoking on the
dock

fayette county ohio
Reply #30 - Mar 21st, 2010 at 2:31pm

take a shower and keep your head under the water and let it run over your head.

energy drinks

cold air

exercise

o2 compliments any of these activities.

try o2 in the shower. thats a good one

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #31 - Mar 22nd, 2010 at 3:29am

Can only give you my personal experience with Imitrex. 28 years I never had a cycle go much past 12 weeks. First and only cycle I used Imitrex, cycle went over 8 months. I've seen several others post of similar experiences with Imitrex "suspected" of extending their cycles.

Clearly my one time experience does NOT qualify as even close to an official study! Wink But I will still never try it again.

Oxygen aborts just as quickly as imitrex did, with none of the lethargy or "imitrex hang over." Again, only my personal experience, certainly not offered as a "cure all" or a guarantee!

For medical oxygen you will need a prescription. Read the oxygen info link on the left as it must be used correctly or it will not work.

Welcome to the board!

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Scorpion
CH.com Junior

lemons to lemonade

KCMO
Reply #32 - Apr 3rd, 2010 at 8:48am

Joe
The same thing happened to me! I posted it here and got my ass handed to me. I was accused of trying to make people suffer and scare them. I can't remember my old screen name so I had to sign up again.
  I feel so sorry for people who may have this problem and not realize it.

john

Life's a garden, dig it.

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #33 - Apr 3rd, 2010 at 9:27am

Fortunately, the flamers who used to make this board uncomfortable to so many, have moved on to other forums.  Wink

Having made the previous statement about NEVER doing trex again...(what did mommy say about never say never???) was getting creamed at a party tuesday night and had to do a trex jab. Oh well, it was a noble try!

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

-johnny-
CH.com Sponsor

theres no smoking on the
dock

fayette county ohio
Reply #34 - Apr 4th, 2010 at 12:17am

jp7833 wrote on Mar 10th, 2010 at 11:53pm:
Anyways, what do most of you find helps most with your Cluster Headaches?

Thanks in advance.

mushrooms

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!