Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Monday update (Read 677 times)
Jason
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

College Grove, TN
Monday update
Mar 8th, 2010 at 10:55am

Well, after a terrible week last week, I'm doing slightly better as of this morning. I had a pf night on Saturday and a good sleep which makes everything seem better.

I started on Mg on Saturday and have done quite a bit of reading about blood pH. This makes considerable sense to me; believe it or not we fight sub-acute and acute acidosis in livestock (particularly dairy cattle) with large doses of Ca and MgO to improve nutrient uptake (and performance) as well !

Getting into the right mental frame of mind also helps immensely, although after a week of non-stop nightly hits it becomes difficult to STAY in the right mental state !

After using three Zomig on consecutive nights last week I was left with an aching head and feeling like I drank an entire bottle of whiskey on top of it. Not a recipe for success. I haven't used anything except oxygen to abort since that time and I'm having some success with it. Breathing pure oxygen seems to be absoultely the key here and I'm learning.

I'm off to pick up several E tanks this morning (I hope). I have to be away from home tonight and possibly tomorrow night before an 8 am meeting with the neuro on Wednesday morning to see about ramping up my verapamil to get some preventative relief. I'm at 120 mg 1X/day and this just isn't working as a prevent at all.

I'm at peak cycle right now. Let's hope the beast decides to give me a rest regardless of what's coming down the pipe from the doc.

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Re: Monday update
Reply #1 - Mar 8th, 2010 at 2:57pm

Yeah it's amazing what a good nights sleep can do for your frame of mind. Glad the 02 is working, I've been supplementing with magnesium for years and swear by it.

Your Verapamil dosing is really really low, not suprised it's ineffective at this point. Some go as high as 960 a day to get relief. But do not increase without working with the doc as blood pressure must be monitored.

Wishing you an end to your cycle and some peace soon!

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

MichelleP12
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Reply #2 - Mar 22nd, 2010 at 5:16pm

One of my doctors put me on 300 mg trazadone so that I could get a good night's sleep, but this horrible headache wakes me up within 3 or 4 hours of that...throbbing, well you all know!

IP Logged

coach_bill
CH.com Hall of Famer

"Dont expect me to lay
down for this"

x0|euclid|USA||0|0|OH,Ohio
Reply #3 - Mar 22nd, 2010 at 8:26pm

hey J,

keep up the battle, Just wanted to let you know im pullin for.

Coach Bill

boy i cant wait till it's my turn to give him a headache. paybacks a bitch
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!