Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
5 energy drinks later.... (Read 773 times)
Cassandra
CH.com Junior

The best thing in my life
is my son!

x0|Riesterstown|USA||0|0|MD,Maryland
5 energy drinks later....
Mar 1st, 2010 at 7:29pm

Can someone tell me, how it is possible that when i drink 5 energy drinks (2 rockstars, 2- 5hr energy, and 1 red bull) after 3 attacks.. i am still completely drained..  when i am not on a cycle.. i am bouncing off the wall.. Right now i could just crawl into bed and never think twice about all the caffeine i have had today..

weird

WWW http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=wall&ref=searc Cassandra9988 susie152  
IP Logged

Potter
CH.com Alumnus

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky
Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

Blgs.Mt.
Re: 5 energy drinks later....
Reply #1 - Mar 1st, 2010 at 7:38pm

Cassandra wrote on Mar 1st, 2010 at 7:29pm:
Can someone tell me, how it is possible that when i drink 5 energy drinks (2 rockstars, 2- 5hr energy, and 1 red bull) after 3 attacks.. i am still completely drained..  when i am not on a cycle.. i am bouncing off the wall.. Right now i could just crawl into bed and never think twice about all the caffeine i have had today..

weird

Oxygen is a better option.

Potter

IP Logged

seaworthy
CH.com Hall of Famer

Reply #2 - Mar 1st, 2010 at 7:55pm

Hope you can enjoy late night infommercials.

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #3 - Mar 1st, 2010 at 7:57pm

I'm sure it's like Ritalin....it would make most of us into ping pong balls but it'll mellow out an ADD Kid! Grin

Off cycle if I drink coffee after about 2:00 in the afternoon, I'm still staring at the ceiling wishing I could fall asleep at midnight! On cycle I can do a Red Bull at 6:00 at night and be sound asleep at 9:00!

But yeah.....oxygen......I still use the energy drinks as a one/two punch with the oxygen. Oxygen kills the attack in less then 10 minutes, energy drink keeps it from coming back for several hours. Do look into the oxygen.

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

monty
CH.com Hall of Famer

The Swamp, Florida
Reply #4 - Mar 1st, 2010 at 9:04pm

The term 'energy drink' is marketing hype. It has about half the caffeine of a large cup of coffee, taurine (which is actually relaxing) and some sugar.  If you are a 15 year old kid who doesn't drink coffee, it will be stimulating. If your blood sugar is low, it will be refreshing (for a bit, with possible blood sugar drop once your insulin spikes).  I personally wouldn't go over 2 cans of the stuff at a time, but the urban legends about these being 'liquid crack' aren't accurate.

The outer boundary of what we currently believe is feasible is far short of what we actually must do.

IP Logged

bejeeber
CH.com Hall of Famer

Gnashville
Reply #5 - Mar 2nd, 2010 at 1:38am

This is just an off the cuff crackpot theory, but I wonder if that brain burning assault that a CH attack will do deadens for awhile the receptors or whatever in the brain that ordinarily respond to the "caffeine = I'm peppy!" message.

CH according to Bejeeber:

Strictly relying on doctors for CH treatment is often a prescription that will keep you in a whole lot of PAIN. Doctors are WAY behind in many respects, and they are usually completely unaware of the benefits of high flow 100% O2.

There are lots of effective treatments documented at this site. Take matters into your own hands, learn as much as you can here and at clusterbusters.com, put it into practice, then tell this CH beast Jeebs said hello right before you bash him so hard with a swift uppercut knockout punch that his stupid horns go flinging right off.
bejeeber bejeeber Enter your address line 1 here  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!